• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos are hallucinations normal with benzo withdrawal?

butcher22

Bluelighter
i've been cutting my pills into 1/4 each to make them last (only have one 2.5mg piece of diazapam) left and am hoping my new order arrives today. anyways, i feel like total shit. exhausted but cant sleep, or sometimes sleep for way too long and constantly anxious and sweaty, i have been through this before but i never had hallucinations before. today i keep seeing bugs and shit, hearing things that im not sure are real or not, and feeling really confused with headaches. i was looking at a picture someone posted on facebook and it was moving, clear as day. i thought it was a .gif but then i thought wait, you cant post a .gif on facebook and then i stared at it for a while and it stopped and was in fact a still image. saw and experience some other weird shit that is hard to describe as well. is this common?:?

i have been to the ER for withdrawals before after my doc cut me off with no taper plan or any advice. the ER doc just judged me first from start and said "i am not bailing you out of this, you need to take responsibility for yourself" even though it was doctors who got me hooked on the shit by following their fucking instructions. they just see an addict and think "scumbag deserves it". even if i was hooked on recreational drugs like heroin or crack, its a health issue and nobody should just be left to suffer but most doctors dont see it that way

i dont think so, hunny, go to the doc. now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome
the worst with me was palpatations and obviously anxiety, but i woudnt put much past benzo withdrawal -- i dont know anyone who did it alone. its hard. i couldnt. i didnt. my friend is in a wheel chair from seezing going thru it.
holy shit, sorry about your friend. is he/she always going to be wheelchair bound or is it temporary? thats terrifying

ive had the same experience with benzos despite how serious the withdrawl is-- i had to bother him till he wrote another script and taper myself. and ive been to the er several times from heroin withdrawl.
temporary i hope hes in jail now so not getting a lot of help. its serious shit, thanks for asking... is there another hospital near by? everyone isnt a complete dick and uneducated.

i just checked the tracking on my new order and its already in my town! i ordered it from the UK and last time it took like ten days. its only been five this time. so i think i am saved. hope it makes it to my house today but if not im sure it will be here tomorrow and i can survive that, i think lol its a HUGE relief though. thank you so much for the advice. i think im going to be fine now, im going to go ahead and take my last bit

i have been to the ER for withdrawals before after my doc cut me off with no taper plan or any advice. the ER doc just judged me first from start and said "i am not bailing you out of this, you need to take responsibility for yourself" even though it was doctors who got me hooked on the shit by following their fucking instructions. they just see an addict and think "scumbag deserves it". even if i was hooked on recreational drugs like heroin or crack, its a health issue and nobody should just be left to suffer but most doctors dont see it that way

Butcher, I agree. I have been judged and treated like a piece of shit in emerg. I sat there with dry heaves for 9 hours before they finally took pity on me. I have also been judged because I have bipolar too. As if I asked to have bipolar. They locked me in a room with a mattress on the floor.

If a person has an addiction or mental illness of any kind, we are treated very badly by the health system.

Butcher, I agree. I have been judged and treated like a piece of shit in emerg. I sat there with dry heaves for 9 hours before they finally took pity on me. I have also been judged because I have bipolar too. As if I asked to have bipolar. They locked me in a room with a mattress on the floor.

If a person has an addiction or mental illness of any kind, we are treated very badly by the health system.
yeah, i have learned to hate most doctors. the good ones seem to be few and far between. i believe very few of them go to med school and become a doctor because they want to help people. they become doctors because its a great career, and it will make their mother proud, and for the feeling of superiority of having MD behind their name. most i have encountered seemed so lack any compassion and a couple are probably straight sociopaths

update: i received my diazapam. took 30mg and feel fucking amazing. how beautiful it is to feel calm and peaceful. now im going catch a nap and finally sleep well. :)

Yea you can have hallucinations or delusions from benzo withdrawal especially from ones with a short half life. I cold turkey went off of 12mg/clonazepam/day for 4 years with no withdrawals so I guess I was really lucky.

I never experienced that and I was a four years xanax/ several bars a day and time released. :\

im sorry. i didn't know and ive never heard of it.

Not even close unless you O.D although I had hallucinatory dreams on one of the new rc's. But that was while sleeping not awake. I've been doing benzo's for seventeen years so I think I'm speaking from experience.

Not even close unless you O.D although I had hallucinatory dreams on one of the new rc's. But that was while sleeping not awake. I've been doing benzo's for seventeen years so I think I'm speaking from experience.

Makes me feel a little less dumb.

i have several mental health issues so it might have had nothing to do with the withdrawal at all. it could have just been brought on by the stress of the situation. hallucinations are very rare for me though and havent really had any since i was locked in the hole in jail like 5 years ago. im also a very heavy drinker and have only been drinking 1 beer a day for the past few days because i didnt want to make my WD worse

OOOooh, alcohol withdrawl is so, so, so awful. I'm so sorry and withdrawl in jail makes me want to kill someone. I thought I was going to strangle my meth head bunk mate, and that was heroin and benzos.

To the poster Hallucinations both visual and auditory can happen and from what is seems pretty normal for benzo detox. Seizures, Psycosis, all sorts of wild shit. I just came off xanax and suboxone and it has been the most brutal long lasting hell i ever had. I previously had a 2 bundle iv Heroin habit ( Bundles are 14 bags). Shit i would have taken that sickness over this any day. It's been over 30 days and still am not right.

The first 3 days i kept having seizures ( no history of them straight detox related) After then the hallucinations both visual and auditory started.. then crazy disassociation and feeling like my heart was going to explode worse than any panic attack. After the first seizure they hospitalized me. When i was being discharged from the hospital i was given a discharge paper stating possible symtoms i may encounter, it fucking said, Seizures, Heart Attack, Stroke, Even DEATH. Now this scared the fuck out of me, they dont sound like possibles it sounded like a Diagnosis. Everytime my heart would start racing and aching i was like here it comes im going to die which in turn made it worse.

After about 16 days most of the physical shit seemed to get better by day. What im still stuck with is INSANE anxiousness, ice cold and sweaty all the time, heart still hurts here and there , still am not sleeping much. Being in public was unbearable but is getting better. Basically what im saying is shit youve stated is NORMAL but is NOT SAFE to do by yourself.. From what i understand most commonly the seizures happen around the 1 and a half day-3 day mark. Benzo's are no joke at all. It had a really weird Psychedelic like feeling but no euphoria obviously, straight Disphoria. Everything was weird and trippy reminded me of bad bad bad trips.

Weirdly i didn't get the brain erase effect while on them, now i feel like my brains erased and had/have weird cognitive issues i NEVER HAD. I completely understand why they were hesitant to take me in.. Abusing benzo's is a death sentence, especially when you're clearly in need of them. I do want ya to know though compared to how it was this isn't so bad. Clearly uncomfortable but it does get better. Best of luck to you. I hope something i said may have helped you. Even if its just to know you are not alone. Be safe and i wish you the best.

- B

Benzodiazepine withdrawal can indeed render people hallucinating. Read the Ashton Manual.

It's something that needs to be took seriously my mates got epilepsy due to having fits cos of withdrawal. I'm going through a taper at the moment best thing to do is make sure you've got zoppys or zolpidem an some bud it usually get fucked of opes when I'm feeling the pinch really bad

To the poster Hallucinations both visual and auditory can happen and from what is seems pretty normal for benzo detox. Seizures, Psycosis, all sorts of wild shit. I just came off xanax and suboxone and it has been the most brutal long lasting hell i ever had. I previously had a 2 bundle iv Heroin habit ( Bundles are 14 bags). Shit i would have taken that sickness over this any day. It's been over 30 days and still am not right.

The first 3 days i kept having seizures ( no history of them straight detox related) After then the hallucinations both visual and auditory started.. then crazy disassociation and feeling like my heart was going to explode worse than any panic attack. After the first seizure they hospitalized me. When i was being discharged from the hospital i was given a discharge paper stating possible symtoms i may encounter, it fucking said, Seizures, Heart Attack, Stroke, Even DEATH. Now this scared the fuck out of me, they dont sound like possibles it sounded like a Diagnosis. Everytime my heart would start racing and aching i was like here it comes im going to die which in turn made it worse.

After about 16 days most of the physical shit seemed to get better by day. What im still stuck with is INSANE anxiousness, ice cold and sweaty all the time, heart still hurts here and there , still am not sleeping much. Being in public was unbearable but is getting better. Basically what im saying is shit youve stated is NORMAL but is NOT SAFE to do by yourself.. From what i understand most commonly the seizures happen around the 1 and a half day-3 day mark. Benzo's are no joke at all. It had a really weird Psychedelic like feeling but no euphoria obviously, straight Disphoria. Everything was weird and trippy reminded me of bad bad bad trips.

Weirdly i didn't get the brain erase effect while on them, now i feel like my brains erased and had/have weird cognitive issues i NEVER HAD. I completely understand why they were hesitant to take me in.. Abusing benzo's is a death sentence, especially when you're clearly in need of them. I do want ya to know though compared to how it was this isn't so bad. Clearly uncomfortable but it does get better. Best of luck to you. I hope something i said may have helped you. Even if its just to know you are not alone. Be safe and i wish you the best.

- B
thank you very much. that was extremely helpful but also very terrifying and kind of makes me want to kill myself rather than go through that shit because i have had some bad withdrawals and to know that it gets way worse seems like more than i can handle. i was on xanax, then k-pin and i started taking valium instead to trying to ease myself off of benzos because i heard that diazapam is kind of like the methadone of the benzo family and plan on eventually tapering off. if i went to a drug treatment center do you think they would help me taper or just make me go cold turkey and sit in circles with a bunch of other douchebags? i do want to get off of them because my tolerance is getting higher and im starting to get uneasy on my normal dose where it used to work like a charm but i am trying hard not to up my dosage. i dont even take a lot compared to most addicts but i have an extremely addictive mind. i end up addicted to almost everything i try. getting off coke wasnt pleasant but was a breeze compared to this, i wish coke was my problem, not to downplay it

Last edited: