• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Are Cannabis stores Shutting down/closing where you are?

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
in my city, Winnipeg, 6 stores have closed, 5-8 remain open and all are still offering online sales. Then it’s mail,order or courier. But after looking at several in city sites, I see supply/available stock is dwindling). And it's only going to get worse as the legal weed chains get disrupted. I expect producer direct to consumer online sales for every licensed producer fairly soon. This would require changing the Cannabisb Act, but I think this will happen.

Then of course, people will turn (back) to the black market. And thanks to legalization the black market sales are mostly online in Canada. Then the mail will shortly stop delivering amd maybe the couriers?

pessimistic

Tom

In Canada the easiest way for me to obtain is through mail order. Funny enough as a MM patient in NY I also get it mailed. But I think with all the stores, restaurants and bars closing that mail order cannabis in Canada will still be good to go. They want and need money. Also I don't think this type of virus will shut down the post office, just places that can attract a crowd. But I have to admit it is not easy to just seek out stores in Canada that sell over the counter anyway. Mail was still the only way I could get, at least in London Ontario. I had to have it mailed to my father in laws nursing home so I call just before I visit. Oddly enough now the nursing home is locked down and I can't do that.

I think in this instance we are ok, but what do I know?

The ones that aren't closing are advertising some pretty killer "stock up" sales from the looks of it. I hear people are also getting free delivery from some stores as well.

In brazil we have a shortage of weed in the favelas.. an absurd i have never seen such harassment ... these mothefuckers capitalist dealers. Prices were triplicated just after the end of the stock ... where is the solidarity .. the apocalipse has officially started

San Francisco ruled cannabis stores are "essential business" and will remain open.

In Chicago they remain open, but only to medical card holders in some. At least one that previously sold recreational has held of sales to recreational in order to make sure they have enough for the medical user community.

Last edited:
in my city, Winnipeg, 6 stores have closed, 5-8 remain open and all are still offering online sales. Then it’s mail,order or courier. But after looking at several in city sites, I see supply/available stock is dwindling). And it's only going to get worse as the legal weed chains get disrupted. I expect producer direct to consumer online sales for every licensed producer fairly soon. This would require changing the Cannabisb Act, but I think this will happen.

Then of course, people will turn (back) to the black market. And thanks to legalization the black market sales are mostly online in Canada. Then the mail will shortly stop delivering amd maybe the couriers?

pessimistic

Tom
Yup, LA closed all « non essential « (whoever considers Cookies (in LA) nonessential should be fired) retail business w few exceptions.

SF bay area initially closed dispensaries but then after heavy backlash quickly put them in the essential category.

My local dispensary is only offering curbside pickup. Basically you call or order online and they figure up the final price and voila, there you go. I haven't really noticed any real reduction in stock, so that's good.

Nope... the sale of cannabis is an "essential service" here in the great Land of Lincoln...