• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Are benzos completely unknown in the UK/Ireland by most people?

how do Benzos make you feel, when they work for you?
If you have an anxiety disorder, a sufficient dose will completely remove the anxiety.

Some benzos are more hypnotic and will make you sleepy like Rohypnol "roofies" (flunitrazepam), others are more muscle relaxers used to prevent epileptic-attacks (anticonvulsants) like Clonopin/Rivotril (Clonazepam), Xanax ( Alprazolam) is fast-acting and good for preventing panic-attacks.

I think most people take them because they actually have severe anxiety or at least some anxiety, and I guess the "high" is that they don't feel disabled by their own anxiety any more, it's not really a fun "crazy drug" that you can party on.
It's more for getting by and surviving another day kind of drug.

But sure if you take to many you get "high" and might do stupid shit, have black-outs, or just pass out... Im sure there are some "funny" stories here in this forum...

It's most definitely not a party drug, (well, maybe an after party drug, to cure a come-down/hang-over from like a hard night on stimulants)... But only stupid kids, or hardcore "pill-heads" (who have serious issues), will start the party with these type of pills, don't do it, (you have seen the movie "The hang-over", thats what usually happens, un-cool shit)...

10rrw5.jpg

memes legal?

And yeah Now during Corona-Pandemic 2020 I can see why it would work as a kind of "party-drug".😕
Everybody is anxious...

anesthesia-4677401_1280.jpg

copyright free image from pixabay.

I really hope that doctors understand that some people need benzodiazepines, because they have disabling anxiety disorders that otherwise prevent them from operating. It is really crazy that some doctors in some countries are so stingy with "benzos", they have to help people with disabling anxiety, they are suffering, and doctors have taken an oath. 👀 And "party kids" please don't abuse them, we "old fogies" need them...

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Just curious. What's been your experience with benzos/BDZ drugs? Do you find it hard to get them from a GP/psychiatrist?
Depending on the country, in some western countries you have to like scream, cry and claw people and you still won't get them, (maybe be in the ER after being victim to a horrible crime), etc...

In other countries you can just get them straight in the pharmacy or from any doctor, (usually it helps if you show them an empty bottle and explain, this is my medicine that I need, etc)...

Pure bliss. I loved Xanax followed by valium. Nitrazepam was pretty strong.

Pregabs were hectic and made me a bit frantic, in a good way, I'd take them if I had plenty of stuff to do, benzos were great for relaxing and turning your brain off from the world then melting into care free anxiolytic bliss.

I'd take pregabs again no problem, benzos not so much, but with the pregabs I have no desire of craving at all, but if the opportunity presented itself, no probs, can't see any addiction potential in them for me anyway, occasional only.

Pure bliss. I loved Xanax followed by valium. Nitrazepam was pretty strong.

Pregabs were hectic and made me a bit frantic, in a good way, I'd take them if I had plenty of stuff to do, benzos were great for relaxing and turning your brain off from the world then melting into care free anxiolytic bliss.

I'd take pregabs again no problem, benzos not so much, but with the pregabs I have no desire of craving at all, but if the opportunity presented itself, no probs, can't see any addiction potential in them for me anyway, occasional only.
Pregabalin is not a benzo, but I agree both are efficient anxiolytics. I would also probably take pregabalin to combat "social anxiety", rather then benzos. Like pregabalin would be my first-hand choice, if I had to like attend the Nobel Prize dinner or a dinner with all my crazy relatives 😉, or any dinner with more then two people 😇... Benzos are more for chilling at home and staying calm or sleeping, or if you have insomnia or if you need to combat "General Anxiety Disorder" or "Panic Disorder"...

@Random-dude-from-internet and @Nipper76

Thank you for your input. I have to agree. For me with Benzos I learned the hard way and have ended up injuring myself quite badly while taking too many in a vain and naive attempt to 'get high' or inebriated. But it's clear they don't work that way. I do have extreme anxiety and depression - for many years - but Benzos have not seemed to help with those, and have only led to trouble for me with Zero benefits as far as I can tell. *Maybe* they might help you to get to sleep better, but probably not much better than most OTC sleeping pills tbh

For years I've been looking for an alternative to my former alcohol dependency, and thought Benzos might give the same 'fun inebriation', but evidently that's not how they work - at least not for me. Blacking out and injuring yourself is in no way 'fun'. You're totally right - Benzos aren't a 'party drug'

Pregabalin is a different matter. I have found on occasion that if I take enough (usually a large quantity) they can give a kind of fun, slightly spaced-out feeling which I enjoy. unfortunately, they have such a rapid tolerance that often they don't work and I have to keep increasing the dose exponentially to get the same effects - not a good cycle to get into. Plus, at the moment, Pregabalin is quite hard to come by.

I just can't get over my need to have some sort of drug-crutch to get though life, and I'm not going back to alcohol.

@Random-dude-from-internet and @Nipper76

Thank you for your input. I have to agree. For me with Benzos I learned the hard way and have ended up injuring myself quite badly while taking too many in a vain and naive attempt to 'get high' or inebriated. But it's clear they don't work that way. I do have extreme anxiety and depression - for many years - but Benzos have not seemed to help with those, and have only led to trouble for me with Zero benefits as far as I can tell. *Maybe* they might help you to get to sleep better, but probably not much better than most OTC sleeping pills tbh

For years I've been looking for an alternative to my former alcohol dependency, and thought Benzos might give the same 'fun inebriation', but evidently that's not how they work - at least not for me. Blacking out and injuring yourself is in no way 'fun'. You're totally right - Benzos aren't a 'party drug'

Pregabalin is a different matter. I have found on occasion that if I take enough (usually a large quantity) they can give a kind of fun, slightly spaced-out feeling which I enjoy. unfortunately, they have such a rapid tolerance that often they don't work and I have to keep increasing the dose exponentially to get the same effects - not a good cycle to get into. Plus, at the moment, Pregabalin is quite hard to come by.

I just can't get over my need to have some sort of drug-crutch to get though life, and I'm not going back to alcohol.

Life is hard, strange thing benzos did not help with your anxiety?
And it's a sad thing that you hurt yourself, I guess now you know they are not your thing...

Pregabalin is inhibiting certain calcium channels, it should work for anxiety and have a stabilizing effect even after you have gotten used to the feeling/dose... I would avoid to self-medicate with alcohol, usually that will leave you worse off, at least if you drink booze in large amounts...

Maybe you are a person who can get by without sedatives and anxiolytics?

Maybe try some other alternatives?

Some people like CBD and such?
Forever Changes is a great album by the way, maybe listen to more music, music and good food, like salad and salmon, lots of omegas, exercise and etc... Anyway I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice! 😇🙏

Life is hard, strange thing benzos did not help with your anxiety?
And it's a sad thing that you hurt yourself, I guess now you know they are not your thing...

Pregabalin is inhibiting certain calcium channels, it should work for anxiety and have a stabilizing effect even after you have gotten used to the feeling/dose... I would avoid to self-medicate with alcohol, usually that will leave you worse off, at least if you drink booze in large amounts...

Maybe you are a person who can get by without sedatives and anxiolytics?

Maybe try some other alternatives?

Some people like CBD and such?
Forever Changes is a great album by the way, maybe listen to more music, music and good food, like salad and salmon, lots of omegas, exercise and etc... Anyway I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice! 😇🙏

Since I gave up alcohol for health reasons - and because I just couldn't take it any more - I've always been searching for some other 'drug' that can help me to cope. Just something to come home and look forward to at the end of the day - just to get a bit inebriated, and have a bit of fun. Something to motivate me to get through the work and drudgery of life.

It's a crutch, I know. But I do think that if something motivates you to have a productive life, is it really such a bad thing, provided you use it in moderation? The Powers that Be don't think so, which is why they've banned everything up to the hilt. (apart from good 'ol legal booze of course)

I tried Kratom for a while but didn't get much from that. And I now know the hard way that Benzos aren't going to satisfy that craving

I'm pretty screwed up - I know that -I have bipolar disorder and have been on numerous SSRI antidepressants over the years. I think mental health and drug abuse/dependency go hand in hand - one causes the other in a vicious cycle. One day I hope to be rid of my 'inebriation dependency' -which is perhaps a more accurate term than 'drug addiction', for me anyway. My 'addiction' is that i need something to inebriate me. not all the time, just sometimes, as a motivational 'tool' you could say

And yes, Forever Changes is my favourite album. :) And you're absolutely right - clean, healthy living is the best cure for depression.

"Lithium" it's a natural mineral so it must be safe? Ha ha...(y)👀😉
A lot of responsable adults who are hard working, etc, use Cannabis for healing for recreation after they get home from work, for that very propose that you described some fun "inebriation". A person I know in California where it's totally legal smokes something called "dabs" that makes this person pass-out on the floor or in the bed, every time. Not medical advice, just saying...🤓

Last edited:
"Lithium" it's a natural mineral so it must be safe? Ha ha...(y)👀😉
A lot of responsable adults who are hard working, etc, use Cannabis and healing for recreation after they get home from work, for that very propose that you described some fun "inebriation". A person I know in California where it's totally legal smokes something called "dabs" that makes this person pass-out on the floor or in the bed, every time. Not medical advice, just saying...🤓

I'd LOVE to try Cannabis but it's still illegal here, and I know it's supposedly easy to get hold of, but I don't know anyone who can provide it. I'm not exactly 'streetwise' what with my social anxieties, and don't have those kinds of connections

I get it @Forever Changes , the last thing you wanna do when you suffer from social angst,
or "panic disorder" is to go to some shady down-town "drug market" and get ripped-off, mugged or worse...

f_6611.jpg

And breaking the law just increases those feelings...
I live in a state where personal use is
"decriminalized" what ever that means... 👀

Edit: Pure CBD, is legal in a lot of places, there are also meds like Sativex and such if you are "old" and have real documented problems, just put on some nice looking clothes and tell your doctor "this nice person on the interweb told me to ask you for, bla bla"... 😊

Last edited:
^ yeah exactly, I don't really have any friends or acquaintances who could 'hook me up', and dealing with 'street people' - especially in my neck of the woods - wonderful Crime/murder Capital London, is not something I would know how to go about, and seems dangerous to the most streetwise of people, let alone me.

As for CBD - as well as leaving out the 'good parts' ;) of cannabis, from what I've read there's very little scientific evidence CBD actually helps with things like anxiety disorders. It seems like the latest health-food fad. You can get CBD candy, drinks...etc at every store now. Smells of a fad to me

Don't knock it til you tried it?
If you can get real pure organic etc, etc, "CBD" it will probably help you a bit, but no it won't make you "high", might help a little with anxiety, bipolar and sleep...
😇🔥
Okay, it's time for me to get my screw-driver, trench-coat and hoodie and go down-town to rob some heroin addicts!
I'll talk to you later @Forever Changes , good luck with everything! (sarcasm/irony of course 👀, take it easy mang)!
🙂🙏✌🏼

I order all of my pure etizolam powder from Holland.
I have the most severe allergies and cannot tolerate any prescription benzodiazepines or other medicines either.

^OK I'll give CBD a go, but I expect it will be a bit like Kratom

Laters
😜
Kava is what you are looking for.

CBD is very medicinal, but not psychoactive or recreational in any way.

And no I can save please say that CBD is absolutely nothing like kratom which is actually very strongly psychoactive va and is basically a stimulant in most typical dosage ranges.

If it is a high you are after, THC would be more what you seek.

Not being able to get weed in London is like saying you couldn’t get your dick wet in a whore house 😂

Propably around 25% have heard, while even more may have taken them.

I think pregabalin + benzos is an awesome combo for getting real fucked up. I usually mix them with bupre and that shit works every time.

Kava is what you are looking for.

CBD is very medicinal, but not psychoactive or recreational in any way.

And no I can save please say that CBD is absolutely nothing like kratom which is actually very strongly psychoactive va and is basically a stimulant in most typical dosage ranges.

If it is a high you are after, THC would be more what you seek.

There's a whole discussison of kratom here https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...hy-no-reports-of-positivity-from-more.892474/

Most people find it's a very hit and miss herb. On occasion I've felt something from it, but often it does nothing, or I suspect it's just the placebo effect.

Never tried Kava, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's banned here. They ban everything