• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are benzos completely unknown in the UK/Ireland by most people?

Benzos don't seem to be that recreational for me - blacking out and waking up hours later isn't really fun. I've tried to find that 'sweet spot' where you can get a bit wasted but are still able to do things without going overboard and blacking out, but haven't found it yet

What are Moggies btw?
Moggies are mogadon aka nitrazepam

Benzos don't seem to be that recreational for me - blacking out and waking up hours later isn't really fun. I've tried to find that 'sweet spot' where you can get a bit wasted but are still able to do things without going overboard and blacking out, but haven't found it yet

What are Moggies btw?

It sounds like benzos just ain't for you then. Probably best to give 'em a miss. Avoid a potentially nasty habit too.

Moggies = nitrazepam. Hypnotic benzo that used to be popular but pretty rare these days. Very different to temazepam though, nitrazepam proper knocks ya sideways.

What are Moggies btw?

They make me really active and energetic, and I really want to do fun stuff that I wouldn't usually. I hate shopping but pop 20mg diazepam or 2mg xanax and I go to town and have the time of my life.

I do seem to have very bizarre adverse reactions though, apparently it's an atypical reaction and I think my brain is cleary wired differently.

I live in Ireland and it seems that most people I talk to my age and even the older generation, have no idea what benzodiazepaines are. The drug terminology isn't the issue cause I talk about xanax or valium and they still don't know. I've heard a joke online that if you tell police in the UK/Ireland I've taken xanax rather than alcohol, they'll let you go as they don't even know what that means. I experienced this when I was cautioned by police for forgery and he didn't know what diazepam was. Very interesting that a policeman doesn't know the most abused street drug.

Anyway my point was this seems to point to the extremely conservative prescription approach by GP's in Ireland/UK. afaik, the NHS doesn't even give benzos anymore except for patients on pallitative care. Same story with opiates.

But I don't see how this is great given that Ireland and the UK have the highest epidemics in Europe of cocaine, ecstasy, alcohol and heroin use.

Yeah Aus started the ‘war on opiates’ around 5 years ago here too, and now they’re wondering why illicit drug trade is on the rise.
Not the most proficient long term thinkers our policy makers.

I never had Mogadon. Like Wilson Wilson's mates, I thought downers were for old fogeys; I wanted to live fast and die young, and psychedelics were my drug of choice, with speed and booze for dire emergencies only when nothing better was available. By the time I was an old fogey myself mature enough to appreciate life more, and aware I was not going to be dying young now however fast I lived, they were but the stuff of legend .....

I guess the next generation will grow up never really having known benzodiazepines, and the generations after that won't miss what they never had. There won't be much of a secondary market for them when they are only prescribed in extreme circumstances. Like tears in the rain .....

I never had Mogadon. Like Wilson Wilson's mates, I thought downers were for old fogeys; I wanted to live fast and die young, and psychedelics were my drug of choice, with speed and booze for dire emergencies only when nothing better was available. By the time I was an old fogey myself mature enough to appreciate life more, and aware I was not going to be dying young now however fast I lived, they were but the stuff of legend .....

I guess the next generation will grow up never really having known benzodiazepines, and the generations after that won't miss what they never had. There won't be much of a secondary market for them when they are only prescribed in extreme circumstances. Like tears in the rain .....

how do Benzos make you feel, when they work for you?

After a break of 5 months, I once again have access to a small marketplace that only deals with contemporary Serbian medicines, relying on them for years for all of the 2mg clonazepam* and 1mg alprazolam tablets I have had and for most of the 10mg diazepam tablets - a rare and nice example of a group of people who all trust each other trading with items known for their consistency at mostly low prices - large purchase prices should not be discussed but with respect to orders most opt for decent family packs to cover all situations and loved ones if not exactly relying on the framework as a wholesaler.

Back in the summer when I last had the chance to take advantage of all of this, a quick question regarding hypobenzos came up, to which I was sold 2 strips of the 'Nipam' tablets below for a tenner each, one nugget for each 5mg tablet which when compared to the standard shopping trinity - a box of Galenika 'Rivotril', box of 'Ksalol' and a box of 'Bensedin' (more recently 'Hemofarm 10mg Diazepam' which comes in what must be a 'munt' of blister strips having never seen any external packaging) had so blatantly far less bang for buck -(@Julie - my interest in them stemmed from them being the first benzo I had ever tried and while I cannot justify their price they remained particularly lovely as a more temazepamy version of diazepam and a great treat - @Forever Changes - in the interests of science it took me 90 mins to create this post due to multiple factors, so I am not personally holding my breath with regards to a quick and proactive community re- engagement)

During my periodic reload yesterday I managed to get my mits on these as a novelty item - they were ludicrously expensive especially when one considers that 10mg tablets are still available on the continent but despite being the first bzd I ever tried back in 1999 I have never had the chance to use them since....
View attachment 13185

EDIT - every time I try to quote the post with the photo in it changes to an attachment. I promise its just a picture of nitrazepam tablets and not some Russian hackers site.

Last edited:
Is there liquid GHB in UK/Eire?

And how come London has crystal methamphetamine (so I hear) but meth is unheard of in Ireland?

how do Benzos make you feel, when they work for you?
The benzos that I take are either the 1mg Etizolam or 10mg diazepam. They both give me a feeling of confidence if I am going out somewhere and I have noticed that when I do take them before going out that I usually find myself chatting to people when I usually wouldn't. For example, if I am in a bus stop with people I find it easy to strike up conversation with the other people waiting or when I am in the waiting room at the doctors or hospital.
I also sometimes take them in bed about an hour or two before i want to go to sleep as they help to relax me and make it easier for me to drop off to sleep.Whether it is daytime or bedtime i only usually take a maximum of 2mg etizolam or 20mg diazepam

Ha, exactly that.

'Xanax' bars are everywhere now, all over facebook/insta too not just the darkweb. I've got a few upstairs I bought from a whatsapp dealer I was linked by someone I know through another forum, bought some others from a facebook page last year. Almost certainly none of them containing alprazolam.

+1 on the landing gear:D

Region is a big thing in this discussion too, Scotland for instance fucking love a benzo.
Makes me wonder why i have WhatsApp but only linked to completely straight folks who dont even smoke and i mean cancer sticks!!

What are Moggies btw?
Mogadon ( Nitrazepam)

Yeah, like Mandrax ( methaqualone). Or Tilidin without Naloxon. Or Dextromoramid or.....

I've seen a documentary on Youtube about rampant "Valium abuse" in Scotland, where apparently more than a few people score street benzodiazepines to check out for the remainder of the day. From what I heard, it was a big thing there.

Here it is:

I'd have to disagree here, benzos are very popular with the younger generation, particularly black market xanax bars

I've seen a documentary on Youtube about rampant "Valium abuse" in Scotland, where apparently more than a few people score street benzodiazepines to check out for the remainder of the day. From what I heard, it was a big thing there.

Here it is:

ah, Deep Fried Vallies - the famous Scottish diet

Good documentary, I hope Levi sorted himself out. I wonder why Scotland in particular has such a problem with them when there are just as depressing places across the length and breadth of the UK

What are Moggies btw?

^Mogadons im guessing (nitrazepam)

Here it is:

Yeah, i knew that one too! At times i dont know if that levi ( name?) guy isnt acting a bit cuz for a benzo addict i.e. very tolerant of them, to get soo smashed...either theres some strrrong RC- benzos pressed into fake tabs, like seems normal over in UK, Scotland n Ireland, or he is taking massive amounts!
Notice he isnt potentating em with booze!
Here we never, i have never ever seen a not legitimate,not outta the pharmacy, pressed pill save X. Wonder why that is! Maybe if i were a DN customer which i aint. A friend was into those a while ago, sometimes the gear wasnt good, never better than local, sometimes ripped off finalizing early, only east european blisters and once m.amps were fine. He doesnt know till today if he owes Canadas customs one,a canadian vendor offered true burmese nr 4. He tried getting a half gram for test. Canadians busted it, wrote him a letter the 500mg powder found contained 100mg Carfentanyl and the usual blah but did NOT contact his (!) Authorities, so nothin happen.
I guess he doesnt even have to think about a visa to Canada!