• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are bad bad trips worse than nightmares?

Oh, a bad trip is far, far worse.

I've had nightmares for the past 2-2.5 years due to PTSD and a complete nervous breakdown.
I can't sleep sober. I'm actually afraid of sleep.

I've had a few, quite many, rough trips, but that's part of the agreement. But I've had one really, really bad trip.
And I'd rather go back to sleeping sober with the same nightmares for the rest of my life than going through that shit again.

Once you realize youre creating it, the "bad" trips can be the most enjoyable from my experience.
I love a good "horror-trip". But a bad trip is not that; you don't realize that you're creating it; that's just rough patches on the road.
When you have bad trips, that is your "reality". There are no thoughts but panic and sheer terror.

Its hard to remember bad dreams in their entirety whereas its pretty easy to remember bad trips.

Oh, a bad trip is far, far worse.

I've had nightmares for the past 2-2.5 years due to PTSD and a complete nervous breakdown.
I can't sleep sober. I'm actually afraid of sleep.

I've had a few, quite many, rough trips, but that's part of the agreement. But I've had one really, really bad trip.
And I'd rather go back to sleeping sober with the same nightmares for the rest of my life than going through that shit again.
Sounds rough man. I wouldn't wish feelings of terror even to my worst enemy.

Its hard to remember bad dreams in their entirety whereas its pretty easy to remember bad trips.
trips last much longer than dreams

I cannot remember all the trip details, but I find when I am stoned, many previously experienced trip details are once again accessible.
the tripping adds an ability to perceive layered reality that disappears when no longer tripping. that extra dimension contains so much detail and wonder.

of course, in the bad trip you may have so much layered detail and horror instead.

What vanishes from dreams also vanishes from recollection of trips.

I wanna study Mescaline for nightmares and insomnia. It may prove helpful to science to take a drug that helps dream cycles. I noticed after I took allylescaline that my dreams were less likely to stick and were more fluid. But I also started shitting in my dreams, not the bed, just in dreams and need to find a toilet in my dreams or else there crap everywhere.

I wanna study Mescaline for nightmares and insomnia. It may prove helpful to science to take a drug that helps dream cycles. I noticed after I took allylescaline that my dreams were less likely to stick and were more fluid. But I also started shitting in my dreams, not the bed, just in dreams and need to find a toilet in my dreams or else there crap everywhere.
I have a good experience with Mescaline, and I can say: it helped me have more control, and I was almost entirely resistant to nightmares during that era (about 6 months) and I usually have only nightmares. I wasn't actually on the drug while sleeping, ever, those are usually post-trip and i used about once a week.

I'm not going to respond to the shitting part, as I cannot fathom the concept? How would there no no no no no. No further questions.

rly depends on: 15g+ of what mushroom?
I just wanna know how much of a crazy dude you are :D

any of the shit that's available here, and 15g: you're whacked out of your mind forever.

Well I'm glad you kicked those habits, sounds like very bad habits.

Just normal dried cubensis, and I was used to high dose trips at that point. The repeated 30x salvia in a gravity bong is what really did me in. I was definitely "whacked out of my mind" for almost a decade, and glad to be done with that chapter in my life. Can't hardly touch psychs now without massive panic attacks.

Just normal dried cubensis, and I was used to high dose trips at that point. The repeated 30x salvia in a gravity bong is what really did me in. I was definitely "whacked out of my mind" for almost a decade, and glad to be done with that chapter in my life. Can't hardly touch psychs now without massive panic attacks.
Salvia is the devil, or so I always hear. I smoked 25xSalvia with dried ayahuasca leaves as a base, and I think it made the trip much more soothing. Only a pinpoint Salvia, rest leaves. Because I've heard a lot of fucking weird Salvia stories over the years, some absolutely horrifying, and when my ex and I smoked it with the ayahuasca it was just amazingly beautiful.

We were outside looking at stars, and for me my vision zoomed out of my body towards the stars and I travelled and travelled, seeing all kinds of stars and nebulas, sort of oscillating between 2D and 3D, just calm, really beautiful. The first few pipes we just laughed our asses off.

Edit: actual lsd, not an analogue. I have also had brutal nightmares, but that's not even remotely close to the same scale. A nightmare is nothing by comparison.

Almost never post, handful of times in the many years of this account. But it's story time, for anybody wondering how bad a trip can get. IMPORTANT NOTE: this happened on a sheet of acid. Don't eat a sheet of acid unless you are willing to consume ridiculous doses and ride the results good or bad.

Skip ahead a bit, and past my life choices; I was comfortably high, about 40 minutes in. Very much intense, but not more so than some of the mushroom trips I've had prior at this point. It is becoming insanely difficult to move, I keep trying to accomplish something and forgetting. It's very frustrating so I decide to lay down and put on a movie to try and refocus myself for a while (starship troopers if it matters). Within the next ~30 minutes (time was stretching minutes into hours, so loose estimate) I started physically falling down through my body. I could see through the environment, and was just watching myself watch the movie as I descended. I had very little in the way of real thought, but I remember being peaceable enough, I found the experience vaguely hilarious even. Fast forward what was probably only another minute or so and my descent is finished, I end up in the black. I can't hear, feel, or see anything. Almost completely dead senses, except a very painful burning sensation. I started trying to get up or away but I couldn't, I was bound in place by some vaguely defined 'chains'. Upon noticing this, everything else becomes a very much vague repressed blur of horror. I spent absolute eternities in this location, at first bound for what seemed like thousands of years just being burned from below. Eventually I became numb, and creatures came to torment me. This was hell to me, I am not a christian nor did it look like what you'd think of when commonly considering such. But it was hell, I knew. This was the tortures of a demon. Even being shredded apart, disemboweled, and murdered time and time again got 'easy' enough to deal with. After that, they started letting me try to escape, or fight back. The sheer hope of freedom from that bring crushed endlessly.

I don't know how bad this sounds to you, but even trying to recall the details now has me in cold sweats with a dread directly to the core of my being. In all my trips combined with all my life, I spent more time in that pit by far than all the rest combined. There is no fear greater than strong psychadelics and your own mind conspiring against you.

Theres a "bad trip", a bad trip, and a BAD trip, I've had all three. "Bad trips" are when assholes intentionally fuck with your head when you are tripping (only a special types of assholes are capable of doing such a thing, basically the same type that would beat to death a new born infant). Other Bad trips are just thought loops, which can be sort of traumatic. Then there are BAD trips like getting sexually assaulted under the influence of lsd, which happened to me, and its been extremely difficult to integrate and heal from and I'm worried its ruined psychedelics for me, a 15 year passion,, and maybe my entire life. That sort of bad trip can really imprint on you negatively. I can note that I've been sexually assaulted other times while not on psychedelics and even if more painful, wasn't as (post)/traumatic.

For all cases, it should be taken into account that much of the therapeutic potential of psychedelic medicine seems to be in imprinting field. They are good for this as they induce a peak life experience on demand. If you have any of a number of peak life experiences, such as losing your virginity, your first time in Thailand, really good sex, getting raped, jumping out of an airplane, you will remember this forever. Neural pathways will form dense around these memories. For a sufficient experience, an entire new paradigm of thought can replace an old one, and can be life changing. Imagine if you could years worth of psychotherapy while sky diving ?

Last edited:
As for old-school "bad" trips of the sort of cosmic mockery type, those were somewhat enjoyable. I mean telepathy is pretty intriguing

Nightmares end quickly, and you wake safe and sound in your bed. Drug induced nightmares, like opiate withdrawal nightmares... those are debatable

Bad trips dont just end. You need to confront them, and ride them out. It takes a lot of courage, and a lot of teeth gritting.