• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Are any of these nail remover added content bad if ingested?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Contents list of ingredients:
Gamma Butyrolactone
Dimethylketone, Ethyl alcohol
Cellulose, Antibiotic Materials.

If the whole container is 14ml would there be a couple of doses of gbl? I figure that it is a safer way to try gbl since it's only a small amount? less likely to get into trouble right?

Also can I seperate the alcohol from the substance cos I hate alcohol.

You can not get high with nail polished only intoxicated with heavy emphasise on TOXIC..... It is the dimethylketone that would be the worst

Why? I read in wiki that the acetone is very non toxic and its also added as a food additive to foods.

And there are many reports of ppl using nail polish remover to get high because certain ones contian GBL, so are you just preaching through ignorance?

As previously stated some of the ingredients are TOXIC. Regardless of contents that may or may not cause intoxication there are ingredients that will cause you a lot of harm.

No I am being honest. You are getting intoxicated with things like this, inhalents, ether, liquor, etc., which for some becomes interpreted as being high.

Now while ingesting that nail polish will not kill you and is quite less toxic than I thought still I would recommend against it as it is not produced for ingestion, but industry use.

ps. I honestly just was reminded of the smoking nail polish troll attempt. Your nail polish seems fine to ingest just don't make a habit and be weary of GBL and alcohol interaction

As previously stated some of the ingredients are TOXIC. Regardless of contents that may or may not cause intoxication there are ingredients that will cause you a lot of harm.

You havent even looked up the ingredients yourself because if you did you would see that non of them are toxic other than the alcohol that everyone loves so much.

Therefore you are just mindlessly parroting what the first poster stated.

Wow so much conjecture so far from every post I am almost speechless.

Can anyone confirm whether or not those ingredients in the OP are harmful or not?

OP, are you that desperate to get high or just genuinely curious? I have to know just because this seems like an odd question. No offense.

It's not as silly as the dude who put listerine up his nose and then snorted Xanax but I had to say something about that one too.

Also, I've ingested plenty of nail polish (lifelong nail biter) and I'm not dead so you should be fine.

You havent even looked up the ingredients yourself because if you did you would see that non of them are toxic other than the alcohol that everyone loves so much.

Therefore you are just mindlessly parroting what the first poster stated.

Wow so much conjecture so far from every post I am almost speechless.
Are you serious? Conjecture? You do realize that there's a difference between non toxic and safe, right? The OP's asking if any of the other active ingredients are bad if ingested. This is obviously not a mixture of chemicals that anyone should ingest.

If this is for real and you're not the smoking nail polish troll, don't ingest any of them or nail polish/nail polish remover.

I have no idea who this infamous nail polish smoking troll is who everyone keeps referring to. Must be a coincidence.

Ive read many reports of success with nail polish for the gbl in them so surely it must be possible? Since it is very easily available to get the polish vs having to ship in a pure bottle from europe I figured this would have been a good way to try gbl also without having too much lying around my house before im accustomed to its effects.

Are you serious? Conjecture? You do realize that there's a difference between non toxic and safe, right? The OP's asking if any of the other active ingredients are bad if ingested. This is obviously not a mixture of chemicals that anyone should ingest.

What exactly is wrong with them? So far everyone is only going by the stigma of it being nail polish and not giving me real reasons as to possible side effects of those added ingredients. Ofc you shouldnt be eating mouthfuls of it but that is just as true with your beloved psychoactives everyone happily ingests.

Both acetone and cellulose I read are or have been used in edible products and as food additives.

Also, I've ingested plenty of nail polish (lifelong nail biter) and I'm not dead so you should be fine.

Thats actually a useful case study.

I dont see why its an odd question.

The contents include gbl which gets you high. It happens to have these other contents of which I would like to find out if they are harmful if ingested along with the gbl. Seems like a rational query to me.

Why are you so resistant to the advices given? Get some pure GBL if you want to try it (imo a terrible drug on its own) but don't ingest Nail Polish just because you want to get high.
It would probably make you sick.
Acetone is still an irritant and even if it is only a small amount alcohol should not be combined with GBL.

Also biting nails won't result in ingesting large amounts of nail polish so that is not a useful case study^^

Why are you so resistant to the advices given? Get some pure GBL if you want to try it (imo a terrible drug on its own) but don't ingest Nail Polish just because you want to get high.
It would probably make you sick.
Acetone is still an irritant and even if it is only a small amount alcohol should not be combined with GBL.

Also biting nails won't result in ingesting large amounts of nail polish so that is not a useful case study^^

Why wouldnt it be? 1ml of nail polish is probably about the same amount somone would ingest from biting.

I'm resistant to advice when there are not clear rational reasons to back them up just people repeating over and over 'just dont'.

Why not? 'just because'.

Ofc course Im cautious about doing it but I still havent had rational reasons as to why it would be deleterious to one's health.

Just because it's added in food, doesn't mean that it's safe. Acetone itself can cause CNS depression along with choking. Synergy from the other solvents can be detrimental and who knows what kind of antibiotic substances they've added in there. Unless you know a thing or two about boiling points and extractions, I would stay away from that cocktail. Plus the concentration of acetone in there is also a risk.

If you really are so intent on using such a disgusting source of GBL, by all means ignore the advice you've received.

Sorry if you didn't hear what you wanted, however all of this could be averted by using pure GBL or GHB instead of trying to figure out how to consume nail polish or whatevers going on here...

Do me a favor and show me ONE of these so called reports that says people are getting high on nail polish because some of them contain minute amounts of GBL. Also, apparently you do not understand how message boards work. You come here, ask a question and people respond. Just because you don't like the answer you received does not give you the right to go around flaming people. In fact flaming people for THIS makes you look like a fool. Because it IS dangerous, and it IS toxic.

It's not flaming its called trying to have a discussion.

Just because you don't immeidately agree with someone doesnt make the person deliberately obstinate.