• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Approx. Baclofen / Benzodiazepine dosage equivalency?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hey I just came across 40 mg of Baclofen, which was initially sold to me as "Mogadon", but I called the guy out on it and showed him that it was in fact Baclofen. It's too bad really, because I have been meaning to get my hands on Nitrazepam for years...it's one of those benzos you don't see often in the western hemisphere. However I ended up buying the Baclofen pills because I have heard that Baclofen is an effective GABA agonist, similar to GHB and Gabapentin.

So, anyone out there with experience with Baclofen who can approximate the equivalent dose of Benzos to 10 mg Baclofen? You can choose any benzo as your example, as long as I have some idea how much 10 mg will mess me up. I took 10 mg about 1.5 hours ago and am feeling pretty sleepy now, though I also took about 35 mg morphine, 0.25 mg clonazepam, 30 mg codeine, 500 mg Naproxen, 50 mg orphenadrine citrate, and 25 mg diphenhydramine.

Now, I am feeling rather groovy, but the intoxication is not as clean as typically experienced with benzos like temazepam. I feel like Baclofen resembles Valium more than any other benzo. Any of you feel the same? I'd say 10 mg Baclofen is about equal to 10 mg Valium, sound about right?

Benzos and baclofen work on separate receptors and don't have a direct equivalence. Benzodiazepines are GABA-A positive allosteric modulators and have no affinity for GABA-B, baclofen is a GABA-B full agonist with no affinity for GABA-A.

Despite the fact that they share the same natural agonists, GABA-A and GABA-B receptors are quite different in their effects. It's also important to know that GHB is not exclusively a GABA-B agonist - it also produces euphoric effects through activity at the GHB receptor. Gabapentin has no affinity for GABA-A or GABA-B and instead messes with calcium channels.

Plain old baclofen and its cousin phenibut are fairly well documented. Phenibut has been used grey-market for probably 10 years or more and has been around in the Russian pharmacopiea for a long time too. Baclofen is used in first world countries to treat stuff like alcohol dependence and as an anticonvulsant. To my knowledge baclofen is nowhere near as euphoric/fun as benzodiazepines, sort of like phenibut. It's still abusable but you don't see a lot of people promoting it as better than benzos.

To answer your question, 'cause they act on seperate systems, this is like asking what the equivalent dose of diphenhydramine is for 10mg of morphine, it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
i don't know of anyone who finds balofene recreational, some find a slight musle relaxation, sedation is a common side effect, but baclofene can't be compared to benzos really IMO....

i don't know of anyone who finds balofene recreational, some find a slight musle relaxation, sedation is a common side effect, but baclofene can't be compared to benzos really IMO....

Idk man, I think although the mechanisms through which Baclofen work are different from Bezos (as Sekio pointed out)....IME Baclofen is not really hal-bad at all, I have tried 20 mg, which resembled clear-headed alcohol-like intoxication....a feeling which I also obtain from Z-drugs such as Zopiclone. Sadly Zopiclone tastes like shit, which makes it difficult to really enjoy it's effects.

However I will say that right now I am starting to feel a bit Nauseus....and I associate it to the Baclofen, because I admit that Baclofen has much more pronounced side-effects than most benzos. Like Zopiclone, Baclofen's side effects can ruin the high...but I simply haven't experimented enough with Baclofen to be able to portray it's effects accuratley.

Tommorrow I plan to take 20 - 30 mg at once as where that goes...you reckon 30 mg would be a reasonable dose to take without a tolerance? I took 10 tonight but can't pinpoint it's effects since took so many other drugs tonight.
I'll keep this thread updated and post my experince with Baclofen alone. I feel like there aren't enough good Bluelight threads on Baclofen...it is quite an interesting substance, and it's seen as both underrated and overrated, depending who you talk to! But in actuality most drug user's have probably never even heard about Baclofen. Canadian users that I talk to recognize baclofen as a muscle relaxer...but most don't know it exists. Well, although Baclofen is weaker than Soma....it's probably the closest you can come to Soma in Canada....since Meprobamate is basically never prescribed....it seems to carry a lot of negative stigma in Canada...same thing with Soma.

My mother takes baclofen every day for 5 years for her MS, the withdrawl is worse that that of benzos... its sad, she cant stop, the mood swings, panic attacks, halucinactions,sudden euphoria... fucked up drug

they hit the one receptor benos dot hit as strong but it does noit hit other benzos receptors as strong it is made, Other sleeping meds and anxiety/anger meds are all VERY DIFFERENT.