• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids APAP Half-life Question

thizzin' since 98

Bluelighter
Good evening gentlemen.

Just a quick question for ya'll. I consumed 3575 mg of APAP 12 hours ago along with my Oxycodone.

Since the half life is estimated around 4 hours for Acetaminophen, then I should have around 446.875 mg left in my system right now if my math is correct.

Would it be safe for me to dose another 8 Oxy's right now? (2600 mg more of APAP) or am I just fooling myself?

I know the limit that is generally accepted is 4 grams within a 24 hour period but what about taking the half life into consideration?

I hope I don't sound like an idiot. >.< Just a young dude that has always been curious if the half life makes me anymore safe to re-dose.

And I forgot to mention, I can't do a CWE right now.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with kleinerkiffer. I would just wait a full 24 hours to ensure you don't damage your liver.

I took your advice and spared myself. Took a lot of self control but I feel much better after a nights rest.

Chewed up 100mg Oxy and hit my banana kush oil pen a few times. Listening to the new Bruno Mars record. Funky, loud, sharp, clean synths, groovy bass lines. Couldn't ask for a more relaxing sunday morning.

Spare your liver and just wait
Why can't you do a CWE?

I'd recommend stopping all together while you still have the self-control to be able to hold off on those oxys for a day. Soon you won't be able to tell yourself "no" even if it is damaging your liver.

Why can't you do a CWE?
This. ?

Also you may want to edit your post, and fix your dosages.. I'm assuming you meant 'mg', not 'g'.. Wouldn't want anybody reading this at a later date and thinking its okay to consume that amount of apap..

APAP itself is not harmful to the liver. It is actually a secondary metabolite that is hepatotoxic.

When you consume too much APAP, it saturates the primary metabolic pathways, and, this forces it into another pathway, which creates th toxic metabolite.

My point being, you cannot simply abuse APAP, and then calculate when/how much is safe based on the half-life of APAP, when it itself is not the problem.

Don't abuse APAP, and as others have said, it is fairly easy to perform a CWE.

Also, half-life and metabolism vary among individuals, and then the half-life of metabolites too, it's often far from a simple calculation.

I've seen people take 20 grams of apap daily for months and only after that they started having stomach and liver problems (mainly stomach funny thing) I swear the whole 4 gram thing has been debated over and over I've argued here with people before , I found people were able to adapt their bodies cause they were addicted to codeine pill with apap took 5-10 grams daily for months with no issues other than stomach pain obviously not smart but the main point here is stop taking opiates you'll be addicted and taking 5-10 grams a day .
Smoke weed while you can and enjoy it or you'll be waking up at 3 am sweating dying wishing you never took that first oxy