View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

anything stronger than DMT?

daturaface

Greenlighter
is there anything out there stronger than DMT in terms of intensity? i'm not interested in extending the trip as that's quite irrelevant with DMT i think, just want something more intense.
thanks

5-meo-DMT, Bufotenin, #1 prize goes to Salvia Divinorum

Also since DMT doesn't last very long... one could consider a high dose of a longer lasting psychedelic to be stronger in many ways.

And then there are the dissociatives, but that might be another story all together.

no DMT is very much strong enough, i'm just wondering if anything is stronger and interested in having a more intense experience, ideally around the same duration.
my thinking is i can't imagine how a trip could possibly be stronger than DMT, but before DMT i couldn't begin to imagine tripping that much.
i guess stronger is kinda bad wording. i want to 'go further', if you get what i mean.

Do a good amount of Ketamine and then smoke 200mg of DMT. Then watch the world melt away.

Seriously though, doing Ketamine before you smoke DMT removes any fear , at least for me, and I tend to smoke insane amounts of DMT this way. I've packed big pipes to the rim and smoked it all down in this manner.

Works best right when you come out of a K Hole.

I find MXE to be mostly a DARI / stimulant, unlike Ketamine which is a lot more dreamy, visual, and potentially entheogenic. I would not attempt to substitute Ketamine for MXE in that particular experiment, but YMMV.

Infusing DMT onto Salvia extract has to be the furthest I've gone. The effect of coming back to reality with a clean slate off salvia while in the mist of a DMT trip is utterly mind blowing.

I find MXE to be mostly a DARI / stimulant, unlike Ketamine which is a lot more dreamy, visual, and potentially entheogenic. I would not attempt to substitute Ketamine for MXE in that particular experiment, but YMMV.

I found MXE helped with the DMT fear I get, but didn't come anywhere close to removing it. Ketamine I suspect would have removed it completely if my dose were high enough though.

PsychedelicDoctor and bluedolphin, what makes 5-MeO-DMT more intense for you? I've not tried it so I can't compare, and I've generally seen 5-MeO-DMT looked on in a much lesser light than DMT. I always thought this was due to it not being as profound or intense, or is it simply because it's meant to be a less visually astounding experience and isn't quite what people are used to?

Hi Jesusgreen,

PsychedelicDoctor and bluedolphin, what makes 5-MeO-DMT more intense for you? I've not tried it so I can't compare, and I've generally seen 5-MeO-DMT looked on in a much lesser light than DMT. I always thought this was due to it not being as profound or intense, or is it simply because it's meant to be a less visually astounding experience and isn't quite what people are used to?

I'm not PsychedelicDoctor nor bluedolphin, obviously, but I used both substances. 5-MeO-DMT is more immersive and outlandish. With DMT you have a feeling of intense colors and presences (the entities) and in general is a very figurative substance. With 5-MeO-DMT, To me, at least, colors are absent and then there is the dreadful "white-out". No colors, no forms, no entities, no sound, just total and complete existence and oblivion of existence. Nothing that I know compares to it. Also there is a quite dark feeling to it. It also lasts longer than DMT, and has a stronger body load.

One more thing, 15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT are enough to open wide the cosmos, while it generally takes, for me at least, 45-50 mg of DMT to breakthrough

5-MeO-DMT. I really don't have much to add. More fast and brutal onslaught than with DMT, your ego is smashed to pieces before you've exhaled, harder bodyload and more physical than DMT (more stimulating, heart racing, sweating) and generally in every sense (except the visual) it's more intense than DMT. I don't think I'll ever encounter a psychedelic that is so intense and scary, but at the same time blissful and spiritual.

The absolute terror and feeling of being certain I'm going to die I've never got with DMT; with sub-breakthrough doses of 5-MeO-DMT it's not that unusual. Breakthrough doses with 5-MeO-DMT are infinitely blissful, and the afterglow more euphoric than with DMT though. Also, 5-MeO-DMT has this more alien feeling like Rorthron said. I honestly feel DMT, even with breakthrough doses, feels quite gentle and benign compared to 5-MeO-DMT (which doesn't mean I don't think DMT can be extremely intense and scary at times).

I still love 5-MeO-DMT. It just scares the living hell out of me sometimes.

Last edited:
4-HO-MET combined with JWH-250 at the peak. Combining at the comedown produces a DMT like breakthrough, doing it on the peak is like breakthrough in breakthrough without all the mindfuck. ;)

The intense effect stay as long as the JWH-250 works (20 minutes then comedown)

I found MXE helped with the DMT fear I get, but didn't come anywhere close to removing it. Ketamine I suspect would have removed it completely if my dose were high enough though.

The responses you already got to your question are pretty spot on but I'll see if I have anything to add. Firstly, I think DMT has infinitely more use, is more exciting, is more healing, is more fun. But the intensity of the rush following lung full of 5-MeO is really something that can only be experienced. It is typically narrated by the words "Oh my goooddd, you've really done it this time, you've really fucked it up now...." Well before that sentence is complete, the world is usually gone at anything above 12-15mg, completely replaced by fast moving colored pastel pixels drowning in the whitest light expanding out from the center of your universe. Contact with the surrounding is totally severed. Body and mind are one and none. A powerful dread/despair/anxiety revealed beneath the layers of exploding reality typically leave me scrambling for something to hold on to during the first minute or two. I would say intense is about the only word that really describes this. It's pretty wicked. Not terribly enjoyable for me if you can tell. Still, nice to take a wrecking ball to reality every once and a while.

It is typically narrated by the words "Oh my goooddd, you've really done it this time, you've really fucked it up now...."

I can't even get words out of my mouth (just mumbling) when it hits me but a few times I've been left in an incapacitated state, totally unable to move (actually quite reminiscent of sleep paralysis), with only one thought in my mind; "You fucking killed yourself!"

5-MeO-DMT is peculiar in the sense that for me higher doses are less prone to induce fear, because there is no "I" to feel fear anymore, I've ceased to exist. That is a feeling of ultimate freedom.

Snorting is quite different though, there's actually some time for introspection.

My feelings towards 5-meo-DMT seem different than most peoples. I have probably smoked it around 30 times, and not had any for about three years now. But I remember it being an experience completely devoid of anxiety, body load, or fear.

What makes it so intense, even at lower doses, is this immediate head rush which is much different than any other drug. It is both smooth, comfortable, and yet totally expansive. At lower doses there is there are not much visuals... maybe some static. A little bit more and everything seems to vibrate. A little bit more and these vibrations start to tear the fabric of reality. A little more and you are bathed in light which feels to me like a very holy type of experience.

Tend to feel really fantastic as the trip wears off and for a couple hours following. I rate 5-meo-DMT above DMT because it's not only well tolerated (at least for me) but it feels like a more "important" experience.

I used to think of it at the ultimate psychedelic, without being really "psychedelic".