• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids anyoone else like kratom more than opiate?

burn out

Bluelighter
I used to be heroin addict and at that time, I thought nothing can compare to heroin. Turns out I was just wasting my money on what now see as one of the stupidest drug experiences. Heroin costed me 300 to 700 dollars a week, whereas kratom costs me 30. when I do heroin, my mind becomes dull and i dont really want to do anything but lay around. It also makes me just want more heroin, so I usually shoot up every hour or so until I have no more heroin and then I experience the most hellish withdrawal syndrome. I also need like 14 hours of sleep per day when I do heroin and the pain killing effects seem to dissapear with tolerance so i dont even find it all that helpful with my chronic pain issues.

Now kratom on the other hand, leaves my mind clear and I dont feel the need to constantly increase my dose or redose it. Its so much better. I can live a fairly normal life on kratom, whereas with heroin all i thought/cared about was heroin and i stopped caring about even my closest friends and hobbies. Heroin was even more important to me than my girlfriend at the time and i used to go out to score heroin all the time instead of spending my evenings with her.

these days every now and then i get some hydromorphone and when I do it, i always think it will be great and then i always wish i had just dosed kratom like normal instead. for instance i had a lot i wanted to do today but instead i just spent the day sleeping off my morning hydromorphone shot and i feel like crap right and i wasted another whole day of my life due to drugs.

How long did you have to stop doing dope for before taking the kratom and be able to feel it?

I only have had two experiences with kratom, it was like 11 days after coming off methadone at 38mgs. And the kratom was the pills they sold in a head shop and came in capsules, I took the pack over the course of the night (I haven't looked that much into kratom online as in ordering- it is expensive if taken everyday from the headshop but I know it would be cheaper online).

I'm on subs now but actually have considered kratom as I really enjoyed it when I took it (personally I thought it was comparable to how oxycodone felt- more energetic than H). I would have to move over from bupe to kratom though as I'm fairly certain the bupe would block it. And it is a pain to switch (usually I start IVing the bupe so after about 3 days or so of that I only have to wait 6-8 hours before taking other opioids- I know some people claim the half-life is not very different but when I IV bupe I get sick if I don't dose every 4 hours or so (I end up waking up after about 5 hours from a dead sleep which doesn't happen when I take it under the tongue; I personally believe the medical lit that claims IV bupe only has a half-life of a few hours, at least in me)). But insurance pays for the subs and I only have to pay a couple hundred a month for the subs. I'm guessing if used as maintanence (as in every day all day) that kratom would cost significantly more?

i prefer bupe to kratom personally.. kratom doesnt compare to more powerful opiates in my mind. i will only compare it to bupe.. even hydrocodone is so much better than kratom ime.
but kratom only lasts like 4 hours for me.. i prefer to dose 1mg of bupe every 24 hours. and at that dose i get a nice bit of euphoria and an opiate high every day from it. (i snort my bupe)
when i was trying to maintain / ween off opiates with kratom, i had to redose every 4 hours, and on top of that i got some bad stomach / gi tract issues from it. so for me, bupe is a much better option.

also, because doctors like to script 8mg/day of bupe at least, a one month script lasts me 8 months. so i have a good stockpile for when ww3 happens. i have enough for probly 5-10 years. its much much cheaper than kratom.. and no one really needs more than 1-2mg a day.

Thanks for writing this. I've got 25gs of kratom for free from some vendor. I've recently given up heroin (clean since Monday- last smoked it, and Saturday- last pinned it). I love opiates, just not all the BS that comes with addiction. I have the kratom, but am struggling with getting it down me. (Mixed it with yoghurt, and nearly threw it straight back up.. )

After reading this, I think I'm going to try and put it in some pills so I can actually try it properly.

I always liked poppy pod tea more than kratom. I tried to like kratom- but there was something to it I didn't like. And I had to re-dose after 4 hours.

How long did you have to stop doing dope for before taking the kratom and be able to feel it?

Well, I switched from heroin to kratom and I felt withdrawal relief right away. Not 100% relief but i was using high doses of kratom extracts and in three days I was already feeling normal on just the kratom. If you want to truly experience kratom, without opiate tolerance I would say wait 1-2 months.

I only have had two experiences with kratom, it was like 11 days after coming off methadone at 38mgs. And the kratom was the pills they sold in a head shop and came in capsules, I took the pack over the course of the night (I haven't looked that much into kratom online as in ordering- it is expensive if taken everyday from the headshop but I know it would be cheaper online).

I'm on subs now but actually have considered kratom as I really enjoyed it when I took it (personally I thought it was comparable to how oxycodone felt- more energetic than H). I would have to move over from bupe to kratom though as I'm fairly certain the bupe would block it. And it is a pain to switch (usually I start IVing the bupe so after about 3 days or so of that I only have to wait 6-8 hours before taking other opioids- I know some people claim the half-life is not very different but when I IV bupe I get sick if I don't dose every 4 hours or so (I end up waking up after about 5 hours from a dead sleep which doesn't happen when I take it under the tongue; I personally believe the medical lit that claims IV bupe only has a half-life of a few hours, at least in me)). But insurance pays for the subs and I only have to pay a couple hundred a month for the subs. I'm guessing if used as maintanence (as in every day all day) that kratom would cost significantly more?

Not necessarily, no. I use kratom as maintenance and it costs me about $30 a week so if subs cost you 200 a month you could easily switch to kratom for the same price or less. I like kratom more than subs too for this reason. When on subs, if i want to feel my dose I always have to wait at least 8 hours since my last dose, more like 10-12 though I never seem to last that long. But that means if I am in severe pain 6 hours after taking my dose, there is nothing I can do about it. Now with kratom on the other hand, I can re-dose after four hours. Plus I find kratom has less side effects.

Thanks for writing this. I've got 25gs of kratom for free from some vendor. I've recently given up heroin (clean since Monday- last smoked it, and Saturday- last pinned it). I love opiates, just not all the BS that comes with addiction. I have the kratom, but am struggling with getting it down me. (Mixed it with yoghurt, and nearly threw it straight back up.. )

After reading this, I think I'm going to try and put it in some pills so I can actually try it properly.

i use toss n wash its real simple just take 1 tsp of kratom and place in the back of your mouth, then take a big sip of water and swallow. Its literally that simple.

I've shot heroin and was addicted for years..heroin is a great high at the beginning but after that u shoot up, are high for 20 minutes and then u nod and sleep..not fun or productive..kratom provides a decent buzz and gives me energy and better pain relief than actual opiates..I swear it is true..kratom is a much drug to be addicted to, just going by cost alone

My big question is what happens to long term users of kratom?i only use 2-3 days a week, twice a day..been doing this for months now..it still works very well and the only side effects I have noticed are dizziness and occasional irritability..can someone use kratom for years and still reap positive effects or are they dosing just to feel normal and ward away withdrawals?