• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone use with a schizo type disorder?

NoHitIDontLike

Greenlighter
So I was conclusively diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder bipolar type earlier this year although I had symptoms a couple years back on and off I just didn't know there was anything wrong and I am now on meds which aren't bad and help. Anyhow, I haven't used much at all in the last going on three years, most recently some Xanax. Nothing bad happened I'm just kind of weary of experimenting further (although I know that won't stop an addict such as myself haha) however I did IV some cocaine and fent over a year ago and nothing bad happened in terms of psychotic stuff but I did OD on the fent (oops). Anyway anyone's input would be appreciated, and also for some more background I'm a heroin addict that hasn't done heroin in almost three years so I've pretty much been around the whole merry go round of polysubstance abuse I'm mainly interested in anyones experience or whatnot about the schizo stuff. Thank you

If the meds you're on are antipsychotics you can likely say goodbye to fun stimulant/acid times. Unless you like sweating loads.

If the meds you're on are antipsychotics you can likely say goodbye to fun stimulant/acid times. Unless you like sweating loads
I wasn't really planning on going that route, I've kind of already been there and not really my thing except cocaine sometimes. Thanks for the input

I'm a schizophrenic currently stabilized on abilify and recovering opiate/ cocaine addict.

Stimulants cause instapsychosis for me, weed and psychedelics not.

I'm a schizophrenic currently stabilized on abilify and recovering opiate/ cocaine addict.

Stimulants cause instapsychosis for me, weed and psychedelics not.
Oh interesting yeah I've had some bad experiences with psychosis and meth before I was diagnosed not really staying up or anything, I was kind of scared to try weed since I've heard that tends to trigger episodes but I might try it and see. Also I'm glad to hear you're doing well, I'm on Rexulti, Lithium, and Zoloft because I'm bipolar apparently too I don't know I've gotten multiple different diagnoses unfortunately so I'm trying to do something different maybe.

Schizophrenic also diagnosed with Bipolar - I get psychosis frequently, thankfully it's mild and I know its going on but it can rev-up quick and cause a lot of agitation and aggression. I hate it, it turns me into a completely different person if left unchecked.

Stimulants can be a big trigger sometimes as can alcohol and I get weird disassociation from THC - derealization & depersonalization

Quetiapine is useful to calm things down so I can sleep, I also fast and use a keto diet (old style Epilepsy diet) its not much fun but it works.

Exercise helps too and I'm planning on some swimming in the ocean this year (while fasted) as a possible therapeutic treatment.

Last edited: