• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc anyone use Doxepin for sleep? or anything...

thanks for info, bud. I am DONE SHOOTING in general; well, at least i tell myself that nowadays.

ya no, linking to that thread was not my way of saying shoot it up! I was just showing how powerful a combo it can be. Sorry if it came across that way.

didnt think of it like that at all, so no worries. I have no intention on shooting any of this shit. I've shot my bupe before and it never did a thing for me. I am FINALLY OVER NEEDLES and no longer need to be sticking myself just for the rush; I feel better w/o shooting and just taking the bupe under the tongue how it should be taken.

I was prescribed doxepin for a short period of time after I quit methadone. It's a tricyclic antidepressant, but at low doses antihistaminergic effects predominate and that's why it's often prescribed as a sleep aid, antidepressant effects (NET and SERT inhibition) kick in at a bit higher doses. I don't remember much about it though, I don't think it was much effective but I was in extreme pain back then so few drugs were helping anyway (actually nothing helped me with methadone withdrawal as weed did), but I guess you should give it a try. Generally it feels like any other dull antihistamine sedative.

I used to take 6mg of doxepin for insomnia. It put me to sleep and kept me asleep. However, I was still groggy in the mornings.

Not sure how it wouldve held up in the long term, but it was effective while I was taking it.

I am scripted 25MG, so ill give it a shot for a month or so. I dont always need sleep meds but there are some nights where I just cant sleep and NEED something to knock me the fuck out; benzos usually knock me out but I cant afford to become addicted to those.. AGAIN.. because last time I had a seizure and not even long ago I had another seizure because of those, so I just cant afford to take them too many times.

25mg sounds like a lot to me. The 6s (branded as Silenor) were too much so I started breaking them in half. But I guess it all depends on the severity of the insomnia.

I take doxepin it works really well for sleep.I was first on 25mg and was upped to 50mg,they knock me out,I sleep well and so far there hasn't been any ill effects from it.

Hey BBT, you still on the 25s? They working out for you?

I take doxepin it works really well for sleep.I was first on 25mg and was upped to 50mg,they knock me out,I sleep well and so far there hasn't been any ill effects from it.

How long have you been on that dose? I got back on the 6mgs but they're not working like before. Wondering if I should ask for a higher dose. Are you all groggy in the mornings at that dose?

Feel like I'm a little late to the party, but just saw this thread. I've been taking Doxepin at times for sleep because it's one of the few drugs I've had access to this past while.

What a dirty drug. Just side effects all over the place, and it gives me a restless leg like problem if I take too much. Good for sleep though, once it hits, I'm not staying awake. I don't think a whole lot is needed. At anti-depressant doses, when I take it one night, I'm still sleepy the next night when it's time to go to bed. Heavy stuff.

I was just prescribed doxepin
I hope it works for sleep.
I read it takes 4 weeks to work. I hope not though. I was taking amitriptyline, it was working ok, only problem was I would wake up around 330-4am and felt drunk, was bumping into everything. So doc put me on doxepin, I do hope it helps. Quality sleep is so important to me, I gotta have 8 hours or I'm worthless