• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anyone try making opium caps from poppies?

pishcakes

Greenlighter
I know this has been discussed before, but in the form of poppy seed tea, which i have to say is great if you slam it and can stomach it.
Using quality unwashed seeds is the best way to make some rocking tea, but its nasty to drink and makes the nausea much worse.
A couple times I had evaporated a batch of tea using 1LB of poppies and it stuffed about 10 caps. I took all of them and I was feeling it good, I need to get better seeds.

Either way, my question is have any of you blue lighters tried this yourselves? What were the outcomes of your trials? I'm thinking of using 1LB of poppies and 91% isopropyl alcohol, shake in a 2 liter bottle for about 10 minutes, then unscrew cap slightly to let all the iso drain out, then evap. Water takes about 5 days to evap.

Any Thoughts?

I think the overall consensus was with ISO AL you also dissolve a lot of the shizz you don't want. So even still the water method works best. I know it is not ideal as far as evaporation goes, but there are ways to expedite this process. I have tried the ISO thing before got something sort of but also got ill. When I saw others with a similar reaction we discussed and came up with the idea that there must be some chemicals that ISO dissolves that you don't want going into your system. No idea if that is true, it was just a thought. But with water, you can heat up the oven to a very low heat, put it in pyrex scape and eat or stuff in 00 capsules if you cant stand to just eat, but it is nice to skip that step.

Even still with all that, those batches were never as strong as the tea itself. The best way to go about using these things is to just man up and chug that nasty shit. After it is not about creating something that tastes good (although I will admit with Kratom HAS to be in capsule form for me). But that is likely because of a 6 month Kratom binge where I got use to toss n wash, but then threw it up a few times, and that fucked me up, just the smell can make me yack. So back when I used I had to use capsules. But with kratom the capsules are just as strong as toss n wash whereas the tea is quite a bit stronger the capsule batches period. You definitely lose some in the process.

Thanks for your response, so I'm better off using water to avoid nausea and throwing up n shit. How much typically of the gook do you usually yeild? Are there any TEKs you know of that can make good caps using the water method? Also, how does kratom compare to a true opiate high? Thanks

I used to do this with the opium latex i washed out of bags i harvested pods in.
Boiled it down to a black goo (that looks like the BTH i see in photos from the USA) - and it was good.

From PST though, it sounds like a lot of work.

If you find the taste of seed wash tea, why not use fruit juice instead of water? It can taste pretty damn good and is a lot less fucking around.
Also, do 3 quick washes - don't ever soak the seeds. It releases all kinds of oils and shit you don't want in your solution.
All the alkaloids you want are on the outside of the seed. Soaking them only fucks it up, trust me.
Just do the wash, stir or shake the fuck out of it, then strain and repeat (x2 imo).
Shouldnt take more than 5 minutes.
I used to do this shit all the time, but beware - if you're not already a habitual opiate user, it is very addictive.
Be safe :)

Well, I more prefer caps than the tea but I'll give it a shot this weekend. I just need some fruit juice, wash with my LB of seeds for 30 second, drain and repeat a few times. I can't stomach drinking the tea anymore. Thanks for your replies :)

If you make "tea" - by soaking the seeds, especially with hot water, yeah it tastes terrible.

IMO the best results (taste and effects-wise) are with cold fruit juice.
Orange, lemon, grapefruit, pinapple - whatever you please. I tried all manner of teks, over many years - and for me, this worked the best by far.

ya I was gonna say I use to use WGFJ so I got the added benefit of potentiation.

There are theories that acidic solution aids extraction too.
And my understanding is that the desirable alkaloids are more soluble in colder liquid also.

Dont know how scientific either of those claims are, but it worked for me. Plus it wasnt an oily mess.
Soaking seeds (and using hot water) also saturates the seeds themselves - and once saturated they start absorbing your solution (and make it oily).
God, i spent far too much time experimenting with this shit :|

Okay so I decided on white grapefruit juice with 1LB of unwashed seeds. 3 30 second washes with room temp juice then chilled for taste later

Hey how did that work? I have been looking for the pods online to make the tea but can't find them

They do exist, floristry and flower-arranging are such interesting hobbies, aren't they=D

Once one HAS pods to work with, then the fun starts of course.

Try acidified water extraction of a mushed up, blended pulp of pods, straw, etc all just broken up and then blended to mush, leach with several portions of dilute acid, and to isolate the best fraction of whats in there to be extracted, add a saturating solution of slaked lime (calcium hydroxide), this exploits the acidity of the 3, and 6-position phenolic moieties to form a phenate salt, in this case the insoluble calcium morphinate, as well as of course as the minor alkaloids, nonphenolics etc need further attention, as the action of morphine is massively altered by administration of those trace compounds and minor alkaloidal fraction. I far, far, far prefer crude, wide-band extractions once rendered clean, recrystallized and sterilized, rather than pharmaceutical morphine sulfate. And indeed give me pods and pharm morphine, a bottle of propionyl chloride, and just see which ends up as the prope dope first.

The naturally sourced acylated pantopon/omnopon I.V'able that I spent the time and effort to grow, harvest, isolate and acylate rather than leaving it in the hands of a grubby illiterate peasant worker somewhere that gets shown to ape the movements of a man conducting such a procedure, and the greedy grasping dirty bastard dealers, I want nothing whatsoever to DO with them, any of them, ever.

The last scrotumsnuffling inbreed of that kind, tried ripping me off and left the scene in the back of an ambulance. I have precious little tolerance for such antics, and I don't suffer fools gladly either really.

So the cradle-to-grave approach w/ pods has always given the most satisfying stuff, once the codeine is removed to render it injectable (codeine should never, ever be IVed due to massive, rapid histamine release on administration of IV codeine, this can be severe enough to cause lethal pulmonary oedema even!)

I don't wish or try to scaremonger, but that removing the codeine IS critical if making an injectable pod derivative.

After isolation, best thing for it IMO is to hit it with a splash of propionyl chloride, with a little dash of amine base to soak up the HCl, or for the slightly lazier approach, propanoic anhydride, cleaner, no HCl to need binding, no TETA residues to clean out of one's newly born prope-dope before it first goes into the circulatory system of its owner. Can't say as I realy like the thought of having sticky, resinous, corrosie TETA base stuck to the interior of my cardiovasculature :p

The di and monopropionyl (6-position) esters of morphine are both more potent than H by weight, by a little bit, they are quite a bit faster to onset when given an equivalent dose IV, somewhat superior on a mg to mg basis with pure diamorphine (Ie not from the gutter, taking some time to ensure cleanliness etc.) factories

and subjectively, I've found DPM to be just superior in every last possible respect to heroin, and a codeine-rid, refined crystalline full spectrum pod/straw isolate even better still when used to prepare 'prope dope'. Actually thinking about it, that acylated omnopon/pantopon thingy, its the best opiate I've EVER had. Only methadone or perhaps IV lefetamine with supplemental morphine (I'd probably enjoy lefetamine and H or prope-skag together better )

And where pods are concerned, if they can't be bought at a price aggreeable to the person buying them, grow some. Takes a bit of patience, not much outlay in terms of money, water, waste ground, and a handful of mixed ammonium nitrate and acid phosphate of potash applied with discretion when watering first, and occasionally through the growth season, ceasing fertilizer application as the harvest approaches, you want to treat them mean, keep them on minimal water until the crop is ready to harvest and process, it helps to cause greater potency and yield.

Processing wise, just blend to mush, soak in acidified water, dilute HCl or citric, tartaric will do you alrigjht, a few repeated soaks is good to help leach everything out, another useful tip, freeze and then rapidly thaw out the pods after reducing to pod/straw slop, this causes the cell membranes of the plant tissue to get ruptured as sharp, tiny little ice crystals repeatedly form and thaw, on the microscale, slicing and dicing the cells of the poppy slop that have as yet remained unruptured. This helps to render more alkaloid still susceptible to easier absorption when one does the extraction/s.

Precipitation using calcium hydroxide is probably the easiest way for the opiophile first dipping their toes into the world of opioid chemistry, although remember that this will not catch those alkaloids that lack acidic functional groups, such as phenols, as it relies on formation of insoluble calcium salts with the phenolic 3/6 OH of morphine, or other phenolic moieties of some of the other alkaloid fraction.