• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone tried this plant

Very symmetrical isn't it
Perfectly symmetrical which to my (didnt take chemistry in university) brain means that it can't be a chiral molecule.
But jesus christ...is it ever beautiful!!
Also, the fact that it's an opioid and a NMDA antagonist is very interesting!
Are there other classes of analgesics that utilize opioid receptors and NMDA?
If not this might be an extremely useful type of drug for severe pain management.

if its used in traditional chinese medicine and hasnt been abused up to this point, i doubt it will have any recreational effects tbh

if its used in traditional chinese medicine and hasnt been abused up to this point, i doubt it will have any recreational effects tbh
Until 10yrs ago no-one knew what kratom was. What about that liverwort stuff that's being sold online as a cannabis replacement.20yrs ago out of nowhere salvia divinorum popped up and was unfortunately touted as new drug get it now before it's made illegal but within a few yrs it was illegal.just coz it's new don't mean its shit

Until 10yrs ago no-one knew what kratom was. What about that liverwort stuff that's being sold online as a cannabis replacement.20yrs ago out of nowhere salvia divinorum popped up and was unfortunately touted as new drug get it now before it's made illegal but within a few yrs it was illegal.just coz it's new don't mean its shit

salvia was used for thousands of years in mesoamerica as a psychoactive. kratom was used for at least hundreds of years in southest asia as a psychoactive. this has not.

salvia was used for thousands of years in mesoamerica as a psychoactive. kratom was used for at least hundreds of years in southest asia as a psychoactive. this has not.
Outside of those isolated Aztec communities no-one else knew about salvia.outside Thailand no one knew what kratom was.not sure where this new shit is from but I'm sure there's some small population that knew about it for 1000yrs but only now is the general public finding out about it

Agreed that it's possible. "Humans" have been around for millions of years, in current form (Homo Sapiens) about 200,000 years. Civilization, as we know it to be, goes back about 6000 years. Recorded history only goes back so far and gets very fragmented. No recorded history of use of a plant doesn't mean it hasn't been used at some point.

We have, for example, a TCM plant containing a dissociative with 10x the affinity of dextrorphan, pretty much unknown but has been investigated for some properties not unlike other NMDA antagonists - might be that extraction is required because of very low alkaloid contents but it looks promising. Agree that unknown != worthless, for sure.

We have, for example, a TCM plant containing a dissociative with 10x the affinity of dextrorphan, pretty much unknown but has been investigated for some properties not unlike other NMDA antagonists - might be that extraction is required because of very low alkaloid contents but it looks promising. Agree that unknown != worthless, for sure.

What plant and substance do you speak of?

-GC

I have seen this plant in many sides of my city, it is identical to all the photos I saw, it would not be a problem to get it, does anyone have more information about this?

What plant and substance do you speak of?

200px-Rhynchophylline.png

Rhynchophylline, it's contained in e.g. Uncaria rhynchophylla ("Gou Teng") but also, in trace amounts, in kratom. Made a thread about it in N&PD but maybe should have posted here, the other subsection unfortunately lost much of the activity of years ago.. Certainly something I need to research as soon as I have a stable home again, and the gear to do an extraction. It's available online and the indications sound good so far: Tremor, seizures, headache, spasms, irritability, bouts of anger. Then some others which don't readily fit into the profile: High blood pressure, vertigo, inflammation.

Personally I'd be more than happy with a legal, cheap, non-toxic NMDA antagonist which would give me the anxiolytic, relaxing, mood-stabilizing properties of very low dose e.g. DCK but of course a plant hole would be exciting.

But this litte gem here is now on my list too. An unknown, herbal opioid and adenosine agonist - promising!
220px-Incarvillateine_skeletal.svg.png

Just that they always test for opioid activity with naloxone which is in fact an inverse agonist and has a bunch of effects even in opioid naive individuals. It blocks the antinociceptive effects of many drugs and is even listed as the antidote for DXM poisoning - naloxone does reverse dissociation to some degree, a very painful experience when I was on memantine (30 or 40mg/d, accumulates over some days so maybe like 60mg acutely) and accidentally exposed myself to <1mg of naloxone. And while memantine has painkilling qualities like all dissociatives, it isn't an opioid by any means but would act as one in the naloxone challenge.

Is a receptor binding assay so complicated to do that they rather use animals at the cost of inaccuracies?

Last edited:
200px-Rhynchophylline.png

Rhynchophylline, it's contained in e.g. Uncaria rhynchophylla ("Gou Teng") but also, in trace amounts, in kratom. Made a thread about it in N&PD but maybe should have posted here, the other subsection unfortunately lost much of the activity of years ago.. Certainly something I need to research as soon as I have a stable home again, and the gear to do an extraction. It's available online and the indications sound good so far: Tremor, seizures, headache, spasms, irritability, bouts of anger. Then some others which don't readily fit into the profile: High blood pressure, vertigo, inflammation.

Personally I'd be more than happy with a legal, cheap, non-toxic NMDA antagonist which would give me the anxiolytic, relaxing, mood-stabilizing properties of very low dose e.g. DCK but of course a plant hole would be exciting.

But this litte gem here is now on my list too. An unknown, herbal opioid and adenosine agonist - promising!
220px-Incarvillateine_skeletal.svg.png

Just that they always test for opioid activity with naloxone which is in fact an inverse agonist and has a bunch of effects even in opioid naive individuals. It blocks the antinociceptive effects of many drugs and is even listed as the antidote for DXM poisoning - naloxone does reverse dissociation to some degree, a very painful experience when I was on memantine (30 or 40mg/d, accumulates over some days so maybe like 60mg acutely) and accidentally exposed myself to <1mg of naloxone. And while memantine has painkilling qualities like all dissociatives, it isn't an opioid by any means but would act as one in the naloxone challenge.

Is a receptor binding assay so complicated to do that they rather use animals at the cost of inaccuracies?
The Naloxone challenge: tip a bucket of cold Naloxone over urself while high on opiates.

Off-topic, but some others you might find interesting:

Sida Cordifolia, an ephedrine containing weed with an analgesic alkaloid and some other interesting compounds. Considered a pest in Australia.

Psychotria Colorata, contains an analgesic alkaloid which apparently takes the naloxone challenge.

Yellow horned poppy, contains glaucine, apparently has mild dissociative qualities.

Erythoxylum Australe, an Australian shrub with a 'cocaine-like' alkaloid.