• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids anyone tried ibogaine for loperamide WD?

I've read Mad Margrets blogs all the way up to present and I'd like a second opinion.

Don't just read her blog, read the dozen medical journals linked on it related to loperamide abuse and serious cardiac problems. That's a dozen second opinions, all signs point to not using high dose loperamide.

At most, take the recommended 16mg per day max as indicated on the bottle to aid withdrawal.

There have been no study's on loperamides safety at the mega doses that addicts are taking, just medical journals from people showing up in the hospital close to death because of high dose lope abuse related cardiac problems.

Please point them out. You posted the link and ive read them.
If there are "dozens" of REAL second opinions please point them out. Not linked to Mad Margret in any way.

Yes! And I'll use the ONE 5/325 NARCO EVERY 4-6 hours as directed.....oh shit! That did not work out at all :(

Dude, have YOU read those?!?! I've read them all.....TWICE
You really need to re read those dozen second opinions.
At best they are gathering information, assuming and talking to actual people.
Unless the person tells them they are taking mega doses of loperamide they would have NO CLUE.
HUNDREDS OF MEDICINE AND combinations CAUSE QT INTERVALS!!!!
please do more research.
As you can see the OP is gone.....AGAIN.
this is sad

Dude, have YOU read those?!?! I've read them all.....TWICE
You really need to re read those dozen second opinions.
At best they are gathering information, assuming and talking to actual people.
Unless the person tells them they are taking mega doses of loperamide they would have NO CLUE.
HUNDREDS OF MEDICINE AND combinations CAUSE QT INTERVALS!!!!
please do more research.
As you can see the OP is gone.....AGAIN.
this is sad

Cardiac conduction disturbance after loperamide abuse.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25345436

Torsade de Pointes Associated with High‐dose Loperamide Ingestion
http://www.innovationsincrm.com/car...es-2015/april/704-reply-to-torsade-de-pointes

Ventricular Tachycardia Associated with High-Dose Chronic Loperamide Use
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/phar.1540/abstract

Torsade de Pointes Associated with High-dose Loperamide Ingestion
http://www.innovationsincrm.com/car...ssociated-with-high-dose-loperamide-ingestion

Cardiac Conduction Disturbances Secondary to Chronic Abuse of Loperamide: An Initial
Case Report - Page 722
http://www.eapcct.org/publicfile.php?folder=congress&file=Abstracts_Seattle.pdf

Loperamide: The Unexpected Culprit.
http://journals.lww.com/ccmjournal/...Loperamide___The_Unexpected_Culprit.1224.aspx

No, not very many medications at all lead to prolonged qtc, and any that do, generally require monitoring while on the medication to ensure it doesn't happen. All of these cases were caused by loperamide.

And I myself once abused high dose loperamide and began having serious cardiac problems, nearly fainting throughout the day, waking up drenched in a cold sweat gasping for air pale as a ghost, shortness of breath, irregularly low heart rate especially when waking in the morning, as low as 40 beats per minute!

And all this shit went away when I stopped using the loperamide.

So think what you will, but if these facts aren't enough for you, then you'll end up being another case study yourself. So be it, I tried.

NOPE as I said I take one such drug daily for years and not once has my doctor said anything about checking my heart. I did however, get a EKG in April of this year...all good.
and we can go back and forth on what we both consider "actual proof" (I know I'm right) BUT it's not actually HELPING!
YES DRUGS ARE BAD....DUH
TOO MUCH DRUGS YOU COULD DIE....WE ALL KNOW THAT
ps methadone is not the only drug that causes a elongated QT that needs watched anymore then loperimade is. face plant ;)

I was facepalming for you so you wouldn't need to. Lol.

This might end up just being another Darwin Award winner.

Face plant!

NOPE as I said I take one such drug daily for years and not once has my doctor said anything about checking my heart. I did however, get a EKG in April of this year...all good.
and we can go back and forth on what we both consider "actual proof" (I know I'm right) BUT it's not actually HELPING!
YES DRUGS ARE BAD....DUH
TOO MUCH DRUGS YOU COULD DIE....WE ALL KNOW THAT
ps methadone is not the only drug that causes a elongated QT that needs watched anymore then loperimade is. face plant ;)

Yes, drugs are inherently dangerous. However, they can be consumed safely, as long as you do your research. High dose loperamide cannot be consumed safely, and if your addict brain wants to rationalize that you'll be the one who doesn't end up with cardiac problems if you continue abusing high dose loperamide, be my guest, but that post was also for anyone else in your situation who actually does have their head screwed on right.

I was facepalming for you so you wouldn't need to. Lol.

This might end up just being another Darwin Award winner.

Face plant!

Ah, I see haha. Thanks.

I'll add to that.

xInfinity facepalm from all of bluelight.

I nominate Latestart for the darwin of the year award!

wow! thanks.
no wonder OP left.
thanks for your help blue light
fyi it would have been more helpful to OP and myself if you would have shared your experience with loperamide. but being insulting works too.
I didn't say anything like that.
see ya

wow! thanks.
no wonder OP left.
thanks for your help blue light
fyi it would have been more helpful to OP and myself if you would have shared your experience with loperamide. but being insulting works too.
I didn't say anything like that.
see ya

I tried to give you the sources, and you wanted to reject them. What else am I supposed to tell you.

Yes, some medications can prolong your qtc. Some people are much more sensitive to this, then others, depending on genetics.

But it seems to be becoming more and more evident that if you dose high dose loperamide daily, eventually cardiac problems aren't a possibly, but basically a guarentee.

Especially considering that loperamide has a half life of close to 14 hours, so if you dose it daily, your blood serum level of loperamide is forever increasing.

OP probably didn't come back because he very well may have passed from the loperamide abuse.

Heed this as a wake up call, I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that you can get yourself off loperamide. I offered you some potential ways, either bupe, methadone, or kratom. I recommend kratom because the withdrawals from kratom later on if you decide to quit it, won't be as bad as suboxone or methadone.

I got myself off it by using a short valium taper, clonidine, and kratom. I quit it cold turkey from between 60-100mg's a day. It absolutely sucked, but I was terrified of what it was doing to my health because I was having serious syncope and other related side effects from the loperamide, and when I did some googling with my symptoms and loperamide, I learned of the cardiac dangers it presents.

No worries. Seems you're a ray of sunshine on other posts as well if someone doesn't immediately catch on to your "fine then just die" approach. You should know better having been there.... but instead you got another bluelighter to bully with ....nice people on here BL

No worries. Seems you're a ray of sunshine on other posts as well if someone doesn't immediately catch on to your "fine then just die" approach. You should know better having been there.... but instead you got another bluelighter to bully with ....nice people on here BL

The truth hurts huh? Quit acting like a child.

Don't take it all personal-like, Latestart. I only jabbed at you once you dismissed the dozen links to reputable journals of science. I mean, they were a dozen links to...reputable journals of science, for chrissakes.

But I didn't mean it on a personal level and I doubt pbuilder does either. He WAS trying to help you, if you look back there carefully.

Edit: We're trying to make sure you don't die, bro. Straight up.

Last edited: