• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC Anyone that plays World of Warcraft?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So I started a few weeks ago to play WoW again, opted for a wrath of the lich king fresh private server due to the current retail expansion being shitty as fuck.
Might consider trying out the classic version when it will be realesed as I doubt that a better scripting is available on any private server.
I don't have enough time to put in the game nowadays but always enjoyed the lore and gameplay. Do you play it too and if yes on what server/expansion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I played for years. Was pretty addicted and finally quit. My main was a destruction warlock.

I want to go back all the time but I never have. I'm sure a ton of shit has changed and I wouldn't ever recapture that magic from back in the day.

Plus I don't have a PC right now so luckily it's out of my hands.

Shit changed to the worst, got watered down heavily. although it doesn't bother me as I got no desire in hardcore playing, I can't spend more than 1-2 hours a day doing it anyway .

I choose to play on private servers only because I can access earlier expansions which still got the magic of the initial game, but I was always a big fan of WOTLK and the first 3 expansions are my favorite.

anyway I am more into pvping as a healer in arenas than raiding.

I quit a few months after WotLK launched... started in January 06, so played about 3 years I guess. I raided and did BGs mostly but I liked questing with friends as well.

I'd of course like to play classic. Maybe one day I will.

What kind of healer were you? Priest?

mainly holy pala and disc priest, depends on the situation. right now I am leveling a shaman to play resto, tho I plan to play enh spec until 80. I always level up with the healer spec doing dungeons but I miss the quests while leveling so right now I am going by the quests route.

mainly holy pala and disc priest, depends on the situation. right now I am leveling a shaman to play resto, tho I plan to play enh spec until 80. I always level up with the healer spec doing dungeons but I miss the quests while leveling so right now I am going by the quests route.
I played an Affliction Warlock. I bought the new expansion, but haven't played/downloaded it yet LOL. Maybe I will today. Been curious about how the new expansion is. I'm at work, so hopefully, I'll have time.

not a fan of it, bfa is not really worth the money, legion was but this one idk what to say. I were you I would wait with the subscription till classic comes out in august

not a fan of it, bfa is not really worth the money, legion was but this one idk what to say. I were you I would wait with the subscription till classic comes out in august
Oh wow, its coming out that early? I thought it was next year lol

I just recently finished up on a TBC server Netherwing, but I don't feel like progressing too much further due to the lack of NA population.

What WOTLK server are you on? Hopefully it's not Warmane :/

right now I started a shaman on dragonblight, I started playing about 1 month ago and played for 2 weeks on warmane on the 1x server band 1 on the pvp only but I'm not doing that mistake again for sure.

dragonblight is fresh but people started to leave now so very low pop, especially NA, I am on the EU side but from what I heard there are less and less people on both sides

I did DB when it first released and gave up about a month in due to their horrendous server management. They were legit having server crashes every 5 minutes at one point. They attempted to implement a broken sharding feature that made it impossible to level beginner zones the first 10 days of launch. Also, the GMs on that server are pretty much nonexistent. My friend still plays there on alliance, but he says there isn't much of a pvp scene. And from what I saw with Naxx being released and then cleared almost instantly with no real challenge, it's just another run of the mill server that can't make custom content challenging.

Warmane's Lordaeron realm is past it's age. It was pretty decent about 3 years ago, but they went back on their word and implemented a whole bunch of QoL features that were originally omitted from that specific realm.

If you want a raidlogging server then DB probably wouldn't be a bad choice. I just don't know if they are going to suffer the same fate as Gamer-District. You'll have fun being a shaman on there because they have broken crit tables and you'll do insane DPS.

I played WOW all my childhood, and now feel how I waste all this time. I recently returned to this game and in order not to re-download my account and lose even more time on it, I used the services of wowcarry.com. When they boosted my account, I immediately went on a RAID and realized that there's still something interesting in this game, but only when you are under MDMA and can afford to drool and play. I edit this message to tell you that there is still something in this game, especially when you smoke a good joint under MDMA, then this game is incomparable. Sometimes even I fell asleep with my head on the keyboard and didn't feel my way out of the trip.

Last edited:
I played for years. Was pretty addicted and finally quit. My main was a destruction warlock.

Me too, I was in a progression raiding group up to Cataclysm. My main was a dual spec Fury Warrior and Prot Warrior, and also my second favorite who kind of became my main was a Fire Mage - and that Mage's name was Deru :) I loved the theory crafting aspect in WoW. I'll never forget 3 hours per night, daily, of non-stop wiping on 25 man Heroic Lich King after 10 hour work days lol.

Me too, I was in a progression raiding group up to Cataclysm. My main was a dual spec Fury Warrior and Prot Warrior, and also my second favorite who kind of became my main was a Fire Mage - and that Mage's name was Deru :) I loved the theory crafting aspect in WoW. I'll never forget 3 hours per night, daily, of non-stop wiping on 25 man Heroic Lich King after 10 hour work days lol.

I always wanted to try being a warrior. If I ever play again that's probably what I'll do.
so you were in a pretty nice guild huh?

I'm not sure how much different the mechanics are for a warrior now, but back in WotLK I could put up top DPS as Fury and then I could always tank if needed, which made me versatile and always guaranteed me a spot in raids. However, it kind of became a boring, repetitive rotation. I loved the Fire Mage because of the dynamic rotation, but everyone was a Mage and so it was hard to get a dedicated spot in the main raid group.

We were definitely nowhere near Paragon level, and we weren't able to even get to Lich King on 25 man until they nerfed it and applied the buff in there, but I'd say we were slightly above average at least, especially on our server for professional raiding guilds.

I tried briefly to go back to playing when I was in the hospital for months in 2017, they even allowed me to bring my gaming computer into my room, but the thought of grinding back up to max level I couldn't get through. I suppose being sick didn't help, though, lol.

If I had a computer right now, I'd probably play, I do miss it sometimes.

I played ALOT and I still have an active subscription to the game, going to let it expire this month because I just couldn't get back into it. I enjoyed the game through Battle for Azeroth and then some, but the new content was way to demanding and grinding away. I just didn't get the same satisfaction from the game that I once did.

Will I play the new expac when it comes out? Yeah I will give it a shot, I like the new campaigns and story lines that new expansions give.
tl;dr these dailys suck, need more content/less daily quests