• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Anyone suffered from lasting visual change or HPPD?

ykim768

Greenlighter
Hi. I see visual anomalies constantly due to severe HPPD, I'm not sure which drug caused this since I've used many different types of drugs. However I think it's most likely be MDMA or some RC, exacerbated by heavy consumption of cannabis.
It had been 7 months I took any hard drugs, however my visual symptoms still persist, and it is severe enough to bother me with work, study, socializing, and everything I do.
I'd like to know if anyone had been through situation like this and eventually recovered or had the symptoms gone or improved.
It had caused me a lot of stress and honestly I'm really scared that my life is ruined and it may never go away.

Among many visual symptoms of HPPD, my main problems are seeing palinopsia (after-images), visual snow, moving walls and floor, and ghosting image (faint double image).
I also have constant head pressure that makes me feel like I'm on a comedown. I've been to several doctors, done tests, and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with me.
Please, please help.

I wouldn't say I suffer from it, but I definitely experience odd visual phenomena as a result of my past psychedelic use. The only thing that ever felt as if it were doing damage to my vision was the few times I did DXM which seemed to cause strain on my eyes and unpleasant delays in vision (like my shadow not keeping up with me while I walk or turning my head from left to right and still seeing left).

I notice there are things like lack of sleep, heavy cannabis use, benzo or opiate use, and stress which seem to make visual impairment in varying degrees more evident (blurry, clouded vision, overlays of patterns and stationary objects which appear to be 'drifting').

I've read that HPPD isn't usually of any concern to people as it is usually unnoticeable or seems to be 'in the background' so to speak, you may be experiencing something else. Do you get drowzy, dizzy, lightheaded or something when these visuals occur? Headaches/migraines are another common cause.

I wouldn't say I suffer from it, but I definitely experience odd visual phenomena as a result of my past psychedelic use. The only thing that ever felt as if it were doing damage to my vision was the few times I did DXM which seemed to cause strain on my eyes and unpleasant delays in vision (like my shadow not keeping up with me while I walk or turning my head from left to right and still seeing left).

I notice there are things like lack of sleep, heavy cannabis use, benzo or opiate use, and stress which seem to make visual impairment in varying degrees more evident (blurry, clouded vision, overlays of patterns and stationary objects which appear to be 'drifting').

I've read that HPPD isn't usually of any concern to people as it is usually unnoticeable or seems to be 'in the background' so to speak, you may be experiencing something else. Do you get drowzy, dizzy, lightheaded or something when these visuals occur? Headaches/migraines are another common cause.

I have constant head pressure/sinus pressure, had a CT scan that did not reveal anything. My afterimages are debilitating, and very noticeable, that I get it from everything I look at. Reading is difficult because I would get afterimages off the sentences and diagrams. If I look at a picture and look on a wall, I would get faint afterimage of the picture on the wall. I've been like this for 6 months, doctors don't know what's going on, and I'm at the end of my rope. I just hope that someone who had HPPD to this degree and let me know how it turned out..