Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone out there who rolled in the very early 90's

BongoBongo

Bluelighter
Ok.....Hands up all those BL's who used to roll around in the early 90's are are still going strong? Well, perhaps not strong....but still having a nice moment here and there.

I, for one, am!!.....anyone out there????????????????

not me. But a friend of mine has been rolling for 20 years. MDMA is still her drug of choice and she does it quite regularly.

Judging by my past few months experiences, I don't reckon I'll keep it up for anywhere near that long.

^^ Shit, you friend has been rolling since before MDMA became illegal! 8o

May I ask... Have 20 years of use taken a toll on her?

I also join the club, having started in 1990 at le rox nightclub in adelaide.
obviously i have been on and off for that period of time and i would say ecstasy has done nothing but give me a greater appreaciation and a better understanding of life.

Originally posted by apollo
^^ Shit, you friend has been rolling since before MDMA became illegal! 8o

May I ask... Have 20 years of use taken a toll on her?

It would appear to me that the contrary is true. She always looks healthy, she's always bubbly and happy and she is a successful multi-business owner.

I would need to quiz her further in regards to your question, but to me she seams perfectly well-adjusted, together and healthy.

10th Oct 1989 Spesh and I had our first. 'spose we both qualify in that department. Still going strong? No not at all, and were on a wee break atm, but yeah, there's usually the odd empathically fortified moment to be found =D

seems successful.. but is she able to sustain relationships? i find my new habit lowers my patience with my significant other.
either that or she is just a bitch...

first time i popped an eckie was early 1988.....and me and me mates still love the fuckers.

who said drugs were bad kids........:)

rather than just saying yes...

I think it would be more benificial to the discussion, rather that just saying youve been having MDMA since x decade:

1. How have you been able to successfully continue to use it after so many years? Have you limited frequency of use?

2. Have you ever had any significant breaks during your use? What was the longest break you have had? How has this effected the experience when you had it again?

3. Have you ever had any major problems caused from such a long period of use?

4. After so many years of use, do you find it is still rewarding?

Good comment Mac. I've outlined this before somewhere, so I'll attempt to dig it up and post a link.

OK, I'll bite.

I've been taking drugs of all kinds since 1990 or so, but I think my first MDMA wasn't until 1993 (my drug of choice was, and still is, LSD). Since then I've stopped taking it (each time deliberately) at least three times, for periods of up to three years at a stretch, but I always come back.

Each time it's been like starting all over, just as rewarding, just as exciting, and I wonder why I stopped. The magic really comes back.

So do the problems though, and each comeback period gets a little bit shorter before it starts to bottom out (I get nasty, week-long depressive comedowns), but as I get older I don't go so hard or so often. It evens out.

[edit: 5-HTP has been a revelation also, and I've come to it late in life. It ameliorates a lot of the downside, though it still doesn't make me fit for work by Wednesday if I have something tricky to write.]

Since I haven't been continuously rolling for a decade, I can't comment on the long-term effects. But it's still fun and rewarding, for sure. To be honest, I feel like alcohol is the drug that's done the worst things to me over the long term. I've said goodbye to a few things permanently (opiates, marijuana) I think, but even though ecstasy gives me a bit of a beating nowadays, I still enjoy it from time to time and I can't see that ever stopping. Moderation is the key to most long-term relationships, eh?

Last edited:
Moderation being the KEY word here...
I''d like to think that anyone who replys here would be over the age of 30....:) at least hey!
Will add more to this also when time permits.

Well over 30 here, and good to see so many others! :)

I've been taking various drugs since the mid-80s, first MDMA was in the UK in '91. Had a great time but probably hit it a bit hard. Had a break of about 6 years until about 99 - working, travelling and living place where it wasn't really an option (or a smart option anyway). To be honest, didn't miss it that much and enjoyed living a different lifestyle.

Got back into e/drugs in general after moving to Sydney and I can only say how much better it's been second time round. I put this down to having grown and being happier within myself, bl and a bit of education letting me do it a whole lot smarter, and having it as a complementary part of a life that I've got in much better balance since I was younger.

In terms of successful use - I don't drop more than once a fortnight and not more than 2 1/2 pills, vitams before and after, 5-htp, go home and to bed at a decent hour rather than pushing on. I think I would've done this kind of HM stuff anyway, but Bluelight has certainly given me information on which to make choices that I might otherwise not know.

I believe I have had overwhelmingly positive effects from my use of MDMA and very little down-side. I probably find it less rewarding and insightful than I did at the start but I still find feelings of being in the moment and a general "rightness with the world" most times I roll. I can't see myself ever stopping, though there will I'm sure be breaks in there.

Yeah 1992 here :)

I only use E once or twice a year now, and I only take one pill per outing :)

Don't wish for the love to go LOL

Me too.

Never really went overboard on it. Still use about once a month, and usually only one in a night. Works for me every time, and I don't really have comedowns (a little shitty on Tuesday but that's about it)

Samadhi: I'm only 28... but don't hold that against me, I started early, and besides, I feel like I'm 38 some mornings :p

(I look like I'm 21 though, still get carded occasionally. Go figure - must be the preservative effects of long-term substance use ;))

Ok, i'll have a go at the new and improved version, as per Cowboy's suggestion. Great to see all the old farts, BTW ;-)

1. How have you been able to successfully continue to use it after so many years? Have you limited frequency of use?

over almost 20 years of experimentation with this compound ranging from wild binging to full-on physical and psychological addiction to prolonged periods of non-indulgence, i have learned that MDMA lends itself best to therapeutic use - as i believe was the original intent in its rediscovery and rapid propagation among those seeking to help others.

hence, at this stage in my journey, frequency of use and dosage tend to be self-limiting.

2. Have you ever had any significant breaks during your use? What was the longest break you have had?

the longest continuous break was from 1993-1996, due to lost faith in that actual MDMA was procurable. mind you, this was pre Easy Test and after my first 12 hour horror trip on "the best bomb-ass pure pill you ever had dude," i decided it was time for a break.

How has this effected the experience when you had it again?

the set and setting for a revist were perfect, a major outdoor event in them thar hills, featuring amongst the legions Chemical Bros, Underworld, Orbital, Orb at sunrise - suffice to say all the early use effects were back.

3. Have you ever had any major problems caused from such a long period of use?

in the mid-late 80's there was a bit of an urban myth about MDMA draining spinal fluid. and sure enough, after extended binges, i noted lower back pain, severe enough to make it difficult to pay attention in a uni class, which seemed to stem from and be contained by my frequency of use.

but then, i was involved in a fairly horrific car crash and it went away, since other pains were brought to the forefront, like, um, the broken head / back / body thing and, well, the whole psychological issue of having, instead of my face, this sawn-together thing, as the said face was literally erased by the abrasion of the exploding windshield, no plastic surgery for two years.

BTW, this was when i first discovered nootropics (Piracetam, Hydergine, centophenoxine, l-dep, l-phen, choline etc.,) - after the head-on impact, the grey matter was about as useful as a bucket of ice to an Eskimo.

a bit later, started travelling the world, and doing a lot of reading in transpersonal psychology, NLP, holistic medicine, martial arts, esoteric sciences, eventually, biochemistry, number theory, morphogenics, molecular and field and wave medicine - with (God blessed) occasional access to evolutionary state enabling technologies, devices and modalities which, unfortunately, will remain largely unknown and unexplored, blah blah blah (rant).

got back into martial arts and extreme sports, anyways, the body recovers, chicks dig big scars, we all die, and in this life you really don?t have to do anything that you don't want to.

which means, you can literally do exactly what you dream of. and if a particular (your) geographical / spatio-temporal moral and your personal ethics matrix is wrong, change it. create your own reality. you will still get the chance to rid the Self of the mortal coil (rant).

the above plus some, im my albeit very limited experience, provides a certain context for the use of the Sacraments.

4. After so many years of use, do you find it is still rewarding?

not as rewarding as other Sacraments, although as rewarding as MDMA ever was.