• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone know the deal on japanese codeine?

fordlaster9

Greenlighter
Hi i've came across japanese codeine before but I'm not sure if its all too safe for recreational use. The common ingredients inside are:
Codeine Phosphate Hydrate (Codeine Phosphate) 50mg, dℓ-Methylephedrine Hydrochloride 75mg, Lysozyme Hydrochloride 60mg (Titer), Chlorpheniramine Maleate 12mg, Anhydrous Caffeine 60mg, Senega Liquid Extract 1500mg, Additives: Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, D-Sorbitol, Caramel, Fragrance, Ethanol, pH Adjuster

I'm not too sure what american codeine contains as I've never really read the label and im not too sure if american shelf brands like Hi Tech and Qualitest contain ONLY hydrocodone and codeine phosphate..

It's hard to say what American products you're talking about but the JP codeine you have does not sound pleasant. There's too much of those other additives to really make it safe to get to recreational doses of codeine.

I wouldn't want to take more than 2 doses tops of that so it's kinda useless. I'd get some meth or weed whatever is available if i was in japan.

Im not in japan tough im actually in Los Angeles a growing capital of codeine use. But with all the rappers publicly displaying their excessive use of codeine pharmacies and big Law have caught on and limited its distribution and have taken HARDCORE measures to scope out whose buying it and what its reallllly being used for... So basically its just hard to get now. i was looking to purchase the liquid form of this japanese brand now and stock up but usually as codeine is measured, i usually pour up a good 2-4 ounces (thats a commond dosage)

American brands like Actavis, Qualitest, and Hi-tech.. those are the big 3 when it comes to syrup... Im here in los angeles now, and with the ever-growing popular usage (because of rappers -_-) pint bottles average $450-700 now. I just never thoroughly read the label on these american ones but most of the labels show the "Codeine phosphate with hydrocodone" in bold letters, and i just dont know if thats the ONLY ingredients inside

I would stay out of any illegally obtained drugs when in Japan.

They have very harsh drug laws even when compared to those in USA.

You might end up being in jail for five years for your first drug related offence and even possession might be enough for that depending on the drug in issue. Intent for sale will most definately put you in prison for atleast five years even if it simple weed.

I wouldn't want to be a gaijin in japanese prison as foreigners are often placed to a solitary confinement as they would be killed otherwise. Five years in solitary confinement doesn't sound nice.

As Japan is very conservative country anyone with history of drug use will have hard time trying to get a job or staying in a school.

Also street drugs are very pricey in Japan as use is low and verdicts are tough.

If I would uuse drugs recreationally I would stick to drugs which can be obtained from pharmacy with RX and keep the RX in a wall safe and lock myself to my apartment or have someone cuff me into a heat radiator when I use the drugs.

They do have plenty of benzos which are only available in Japan and are as weird as some other parts of their culture. It isn't hard to get RX for drugs even for a gaijin as they don't have that much of drug abuse as in western countries and their pharmacy drugs are cheap wheb compared for USA prices.

Those codeine syrups you mentioned do not have hydrocodone in them. They have codeine and promethazine. That's all.

I recommend either quitting opiates or switching to something more powerful. Codeine is RIDICULOUSLY expensive because of all those idiot rappers, their idiot listeners, and their inability to do math and figure out how much they're paying per MG of codeine. At those prices you mentioned, you're paying 50 cents to a DOLLAR, per MG, of codeine!

Time to make better life choices imo.

Not to mention the nasty food colorings and additives in those syrups.

That's a mish-mash of otc anti-histamines and stimulants including caffeine yuck. Unless you figure out a way to separate out all that stuff it sounds useless for anything other than it's intended purpose.

fordlaster9,
In most states those ingredients with bold text on labels are the active ingredients.

Others are binders, fillers, colourings etc. and they don't have pharmacological effects.

OMG for the prices. Last time I bought Panacod which has 30mg Codeine with 250mg APAP they cost one less than 1/100 of those prices for the same bottle size. I guess I should got my trip to the USA covered If I would get RX for those and bring 3 months supply of those and old formula Oxycontins with me :D

Felonious Monk, well the laws of supply and demand affect drugs too :) I've always thought that gangsta rappers and their listeners are retards and this just proves it.

Paying those amounts makes codeine more expensive than gold btw :D

I have heard that street prices for oxycodone is something like that in my area and you can get a bottle of codeine pills for the same price than 20mg oxycodone pill so it seems ridiculous.

Some rappers should try if they can alter the trend and start singing how good shit zyprexa is and we might see thousands of people trying to get neurolepts from their dealers :)

^
Naw there are some raps about heroin but only the french make good ones and it's usually stay away from it.

here's a nice cocaine track

Some rappers should try if they can alter the trend and start singing how good shit zyprexa is and we might see thousands of people trying to get neurolepts from their dealers :)

They totally would. It's part of why molly/MDMA kinda crossed over into mainstream for some crowds, you heard about it more in certain artists' songs. I've seen some of those same artists at more psychedelic/pot themed festivals.

I want to hear big rappers touting LSD and ketamine. Not just Chance the Rapper, but I'm not sure egotistical asses like Kanye could handle it...

^
actually k or pcp is what kanye's probably on I would imagine that's where his "I am jesus"-feelings emerge from

It blows my mind completely at how much codeine syrup costs! Just because Lil Wayne drinks and sings about it, means the price skyrockets past every other opiate available. Your pretty much just buying the weakest opiate out there and paying for the look of being cool with a Styrofoam cup. I figured as seasoned drug users, rappers would have more sense about drug prices and how weak codeine truly is, when compared to even hydrocodone. I've always been annoyed by this, my dude used to come across codeine/prometh. syrup randomly and he would charge over a hundred for a few ounces, FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Yes all those maggots, especially Kanye, have the most punchable faces I've ever seen. God I'd love a shot at the title so to speak. Unfortunately they move around with something like six massive body guards deep who would fold me up like I'm origami before I could even get close.

Back on topic - that Nippon preparation is jam packed with a lot of crap by the sounds of it....take others advice, keep it for when you catch a cold as it should get you out of bed if ur opiate naïve ..glad ur not in Japan cos as others have stated, they don't fuck around with illicit drug use they really throw the book at you. Take care OP.

$400-$700 dollars... for codeine. One could make a killing in the "hip hop" field by mixing a $20 bag of dope with nyquil, if it's not already being done. Idiots.

OP, the codeine preparation in question is pretty much useless in terms of recreational value unless you're hypersensitive to opiates. Although, by the sound of it, you could sell it to some rap enthusiasts for top dollar.