• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone know how to control meth use?

I almost missed this little gem. I corrected the spelling with bold to what I think you meant. Are you really an apologist for Uber-Nazi Hermann Goering? I try and love everybody but with speed-fulled Nazi’s I draw the line. Anyway Goering was on dihydrocodeine not amps so what the fuck has he got to do with this thread?

In my personal reading, I didn't infer an apologist attitude towards anything that made Goering a nazi, but it read to me more as history or folk lore about a weird place where subject matters collide. It has information about his being weaned off of massive amounts of his drug (to topic) and ends with an acknowledgement of the tangent, and decrying the amount of knowledge science could have gained that was already collected off the backs of the citizenry, and in the more heartbreaking cases, the victims of these atrocities who were experimented on in the camps. We all are aware that we are more than the substances we injest, we alone are liable and responsible for what we do. So a nazi is a monster but speed-fueled is irrelevant to my hatred of them. I'm speed fueled and I'm downright loveable. Most days.

In my personal reading, I didn't infer an apologist attitude towards anything that made Goering a nazi,

I was reacting to this bit:

He eventually was weened off totally it it backfired in court(show trail/kangaroo court") boring iq of 141 came roaring back and a very smart goring make a mockery of the process.
Dismissing Nuremberg as a ‘show trial/kangaroo court’ suggests he feels Goering was not guilty. Citing his IQ that way sounds admiring. It’s not against the rules or anything but I like to know who is a Nazi sympathiser. If not, my apologies for mis-reading the post (I think we can all agree it was a slightly challenging read).

Even if Nuremberg was an exercise in demonstrative justice, the defendants were all guilty as sin as far as conspiracy to commit crimes against humanity that actually came to pass.

I basically snort meth daily, usually a half g sometimes more. Other than the reason is that I can’t afford to buy it everyday, I need to take tolerance breaks and sleep every once in a while. So does anyone have any ideas with controlling it? Thanks again
amphetamines can stimulate cognition, and they can have a positive effect on your work or creative endeavors but personally Crank or meth is too long lasting and the neuro hook can cause a crippling 7 to 14 day hangover, in which your socially inhibited ,full of self doubt, lethargic, un-motivated, hyper sleepy, you might even feel dirty or greasy

I basically snort meth daily, usually a half g sometimes more. Other than the reason is that I can’t afford to buy it everyday, I need to take tolerance breaks and sleep every once in a while. So does anyone have any ideas with controlling it? Thanks again
moderation, discipline, intent, proper nutrition and hydration(IV treatments)

If you ever féel liké stopping just take some ketamine or dextromethorphan, it helps wonders with thé cravings

amphetamines can stimulate cognition, and they can have a positive effect on your work or creative endeavors but personally Crank or meth is too long lasting and the neuro hook can cause a crippling 7 to 14 day hangover, in which your socially inhibited ,full of self doubt, lethargic, un-motivated, hyper sleepy, you might even feel dirty or greasy
Especially hungry

I wonder if this is possible -- could one take a tolerance break by doing a really tiny bit of methamphetamine over a long period of time each day? Or would that not work somehow? I wouldn't dare use adderall daily. I know it's prescribed often to be a daily routine but stimulants everyday are too emotionally taxing or something. Can't really explain it but it has to do with the natural dopamine of the brain being temporarily depleted somehow (?). Stims are different from coke I'd say. The euphoria goes away so fast and after the third day in a row I notice paranoia and anxiety kicking in :/

Here are some unrelated things that can really help someone get out of too much of a substance on a regular basis because the quarantine life pretty much has made everyone live like that briefly at one point or another. Doing some deep personal research on why you use substances is inevitable. You're going to have to face your trauma/demons eventually or else you'll just be stuck doing meth perpetually and that's not fun lol. Most substance abusers have some form of PTSD or at least something that triggers them to depend on substances more than an average person would I'd say,. No one can run from that and denial works for a while but then again you're just stuck in boring addiction. Also always working on a long term goal helps balance out your life. And hang out with people or at least talk to them more regularly because lonely addicts are basically the worst at controlling their use.

I'm not sure where meth use ends for a lot of people? If it ever does. The depression from dependency like severe cases for even stims like adderall lasts a long time and rivals heroin withdrawal misery. It's ahedonia and joyless... "Stimulants don't have a withdrawal." Okay have a good time! ;) But you have plenty of time to work out something. Set some good emergency goals just in case things don't work out and you're at a super low point and stuck without an exit. Like with opiates I guess you can say "I'll get on suboxone or methadone if I am suddenly not a real person anymore and nodding out every second of the day." You never know how addiction will play out and it's scary to believe. I suppose on an HR forum we should say "don't give the drugs power" and have power over the drugs. Sometimes it literally feels like you have 0% control. Really :(
Everything you said 100% correct. If u need rehabilitation do it.* I* know someone who did it 4 times. Had a seizure 5 yrs ago. Still have not recovered. At time he was a speedballer. Xanax and adderall, or coke, or his fav back then was molly. Notice molly and meth have similar w/ds. I know there somewhat related. Take control of your life. Before its too late. U like your teeth? Do u like living in a home? Do u like being alive? My friend is on subs ,klonopin 2×a day. It took about 5 years to start feeling better. Some do better. Exercise, sweat, drink lots of water, vitamins D,potassium, salt, 5 htp. stretch,rest, yoga. Dont stress your brain and body will be back.

I am new here, Hello guys!
As for the questions, i am kind of seeking an answer. I am currently a daily user, but trying to be mindful of my use. I make it a point to do smaller lines than I did my previous stints(which the last was an absolute trainwreck!!). It has been enough to give me that good feeling, but I havent gotten into the extreme paranoia and seeing shit and NEEDING to stay up for days on end. So the being mindful was really working, until i broke that pipe out! FUCK ME! I dont know why, and i hope its not just me, but I take a couple hits and walk away...2 minutes later *my brain*hey...you need another one. This goes on all the time. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I dont. Something I did start doing is when I get that voice in my head to hit it again and again and again...I pop a rubberband thats on my wrist. It does seem to help. Another thing is I dont take it anywhere with me, it stays at home! Have I thought about turning around, hell ya but thankfully ive been able to fight that urge. Obviously this wont work if you dont go many places.
I really need to get back to working out, which i did nearly everyday up until day 1 of this stint. Ive thought about it, but that voice says "hey, why work out, meth making you lose weight now" ***that fucking bitch voice pisses me off so bad!!!***

This. You can't make doing the stimulant THE activity. It has to be the wind, not your sails. I like it as a momentum, as a tool to remove myself from out of the way of myself. lol motivation and some direction. I do have an incredibly high tolerance and have never thought the police were after me or that my neighbor was a spy. I think some of that boils down to a personal belief and standard that I have where I simply do not tolerate whacked out behavior regardless of the days I've been up or the amount I've done. That's a muscle you build slowly by walking away from zoned in behaviors, by taking a moment to reset and laugh about some crazy thought you were fixated on. Yeah there comes a point where you could get so backwards on a thought or a feeling that you cant straighten it out but its incredibly possible to not get there at all by heading off such nonsense at the pass on smaller levels before it grows. The same muscle that allows you to do this while bingeing will be the one you use to take some time off when smart finances, obligations or simply your desire demand it.

Apropos to nothing:
Personally I tend to feel that the "erhmahgod you can't, run for the hills" messages to be less than helpful for OP or subsequent reader. If fear worked this would be a bible forum. I think humans are infinitely more capable and strong than we give ourselves credit for. Even if you couldn't control your use until you lost everything you will make a greater impact with a "looking back here are some of the things i could have done" rather than a "nobody can do this" statement. No hate, just two cents from a high functioning tweaker. :geek:
Dude, YES.
Nailed it.
The walking dead you see on those D.A.R.E. posters and hot topic media stories are the type of addicts you described, perfectly. Doing meth is their reason for doing meth.
For me, it's a tool that makes the otherwise monotonous, day to day routine interesting and fun.
Hobbies and leisurely activities/creative projects are worlds more enjoyable but best not to let that st u ff intertwine with this habit for very straight forward reasons

Last edited:
Here’s the truth. You won’t control it. If you’re blessed, it will chew you up quickly. Those around you that care about you will confront you. You recover, and hopefully you got so spun so quick that memories, if any reinforce sobriety. Patience and effort you’ll end well. However....

You may draw the bad hand. First use of and you literally felt the puzzle piece that’s been missing snap into place. All you knew you could be. Deadly? How can something that allows you to finally walk unfettered be bad? And you’ll justify. Adjust everything in life to accommodate. And life gets great. She changes so subtly, from a tool to a lover. One day you realize impossible without her. Disaster will come, you’ll quit. You may even recover people/ things you lost. Never again.
Its the memories though. Mankind not designed to feel that good. And you can’t unremember.
Deep. Speak it

The real trap of meth is its gigantic forgiveness in dosing and it seems to happen right when someone is first introduced to it. Remember the original pervitin was dosed at like 2.5 milligrams a tablet or something tiny, yet that is plenty to get the job done, yet most recreational users nowadays, even accounting for cuts, start with much higher doses because you can do a ton of this stuff before it starts giving you bad side effects versus the amount of euphoria you get.

I started using ice as a functional stim in low doses after I accidentally copped some instead of the H I wanted. Figured I might as well not waste it. I introduced it to a few friends who had similar heavy workloads thinking they would appreciate it for that. Not what they used it for. They can now kill a grams or more in a weekend whereas the same amount can last me almost a month still after three years of use. They will charge headlong into stim psychosis if left with more than a few points and I have to eat the fallout of it. Guess all I'm trying to get at is your relationship with meth is heavily determined by how you start out with it.

For me I just buy what I can smoke in one night which isn’t a lot. I’m usually up 24hrs afterwards then I’ll allow myself to come down and sleep. I am one who never got addicted to meth, I could smoke for a week straight and then not touch it for months.

Even though I've always been a heroin guy, I've had a brief run-in with meth addiction. Few years back in Malaysia (if you know people you can score legit stuff there) I thought to myself "Hey hey hey! I kicked HEROIN three years ago! This'll be a walk in the park!" (I was obv. wrong as always). I had tried meth many times before but because of my previous heroin habit I never got into it much. Its addiction wasn't as bad as dope sickness, but here's what happened.

I started by shooting a point, which I read somewhere here back when I was lurking was a good dose for a beginner. Shit had me twakking the fuck out for 24 hrs min. Then I would take quetiapine or mirtazapine, wash it down with 2 tall beers and some pringles. Crash for a day. No using for five days, then repeat. That lasted about a month. By second month it became twice a week and by the third it became daily and to the point that i actually never "slept", but only passed out.

My tolerance got so high I literally had to shoot a 0.3 to feel NORMAL. Needed more to get high. Had some homelessness for five weeks and um... yeah the story ends here (the part I wanna tell :p).

Hey!, i know this is an old thread and idk if bumping to answer u is not ok, but i want to say i feel strongly identify with your history (i havent been heroin daily user before, but tramadol benzos and alcohol abuse, the alcohol really is important when taking high doses... i guess it affects the metabolism, idk but you can get super strong noddings just with tramadol, 2mg. clonazepam and alcohol, i always was thinkging i was doing great to taking other depressants to prevent seizures of high doses lol).

And rn, i have mhh around 4 years daily meth use, with a month or two of non physical posible meth use, but last 5-7 years using daily... thanks god i got a nice supply, but its expensive like only a stupid addict will pay for it... i dont like the need of wash my shit or get another vomitibe chemical in it... if the shit i buy have any flavor or have any harsh "like burning" feel, i will not buy fo real until the next batch supply, around a month? sometimes more, really only change for a 3 days per week habit and 4 for sleep, from 1 and a half day awake and half day sleeping TxT

I hope the best for u all, im actually using pharms too to make the addiction less hardcore in my life, idk how much they help becouse the meth obviously is over all of them in subjective effects of all drugs that i use daily at this moment... (1g weed, 2mg clona, 100mg sertraline, .100-225 mg. meth and 2-4 days per week modafinil 100-200 mg., 1-2 days week mirtazapine 7.5). I would like to take the mirtazapine daily, it really have helped me to get my appetite back even more than before, and thats a must when you wasted your body using daily, and still are working with a abnormally higher metabolism and reducing your food and water intake, thats a stupid way to change your metabolism chronically, but thanks to god i have been very healthly all my life, even after hardcore cocaine and stimulants rcs poly drug use overdoses with extreme doses, i have done insane doses of several chems daily putting me at risks of things that never happened, but i have used massive dosing when i was drunk generally and that was a enormous disaster, the few ones i ended in an hospital was the easiest, but the hardcore ones, i ended in strange situations and damn thanks god i had someone that doesnt throw me at the street after my overdose, becouse i was at 100s of kms away from any family member, generally carrying all my money to have food drugs and a place to rent in my pocket, i cant have bank accounts in most banks becouse i got a lot of debt with them haha, got nice credits with previous commerce of electronics work i have done with a girl, and i was buying the products from china with my debit/credit cards, one and a half year i got at the same time the offer of average 100,000 mxn credit per month, i used 9 of t hem, someones to pay the previous ones, i really was paying at time for years, but the debt was growing, and i stoped to work and use much more meth plus selling all my goods, i sold all, tv, xbox, computers, jewerly, only kept my clothes becouse i know i will got a ridiculous ammount of money from them and i bought them brand new and i need clothes anyway, my life was a chaos and still is but i know when im really out of control in my file, and right now im on that way, i have been years really miserably auto destructive habits that any other will start to say me that i look very fucked up, ayone will start to ask themselves why im auto destroying me and what to do, someones gone and someones stay, worried and offering help or something like that, until something very hardcore happens and i generally stop all uses, i have been stopped 4mg clona 2-3 yr daily use cold turkey one time, just the fact that i know was phisically impossible to get the drug was decisive on the severity of the withdrawals, even for benzos, but mostly with meth, for the psychological factor, i know things like that, but im a pussy to stop my drug use at the moment, i know is not so hard, even polydrug abuse stop, and with meds, its a piece of cake of shit, the only thing i get out lowering dose was in tramadol cuz i felt i will suicide if i stop suddenly that shit and was redosing daily to evade the feeling of withdrawals hahahaha, but i gone with a veyr professional dr., that right now dont trust me any shit anymore, anyway i like to change my drs, and stay with the obviously more interested in my improvement, see a particular psychiatric and even drug master studies dr. is not very expensive here, im paying 35 usd monthly now to see my psych becouse i really know i need someone to monitor me and my use, and some of them have been so helpful before, but i have medical scripts signed by an ex-addict aunt that own a pharmacy, and never will worry of me using the scripts, when i had bought more obvious to non medical use pharms, i had scripts of another dr. / veterinian, thats my client and i print their scripts, and was doing massive buying in the same day, without try to repeat, at every pharm was near me and had ketamine, pheno/pento barbital, buprenorphine, all in liquid vials, was my favorites hahaha, i know the drs was awarned and never no one asked me anything about use their scripts, but i have been alerted by a family member when i have done with the script of them, they dont get angry or any but let me know that they got called and get photos of the scripts used.

Well... i dont remember the topic... ah the meth contorl... i wish to have it some time in my life, but just remember the original post... meth... i will tike few hits right now, honestly what stop me from abuse right now is it doesnt have almost any effect if i dont do it IV, and i will not IV meth... i have done stupid things like IV ritalin extraction solution, and always have be safe, but i only IV dirty things when im drunk, and im not drunk anymore cuz the meth lul

blessings, keep you safe and lets go haha, have nice week

The only way I seem to keep it under control is to not have it around. If I have it I’m going to do every last bit. It’s hard as hell. I’m with you. Hang in there.

You've got to be kidding? There is no controlling meth. It controls you. I've never known any single user who has it "under control".

I inject meth once a month. I used to do it weekly until I moved into my new apartment and had to reduce my use because of the increase in rent and my tolerance. Now instead of using once a week I've decided to make the change to monthly.

I had a period in 2017 for around 9 months when I was an almost daily user, well for most of a week out of a fortnight at least with the money I had, then the second week I'd smoke a lot of weed. But in any case, I was using a lot of meth back then and I was really out of control. Over time after I went to rehab I slipped up here and there usually in 6-9 month increments until I made it 18 months without using then relapsed in December.

During December and January I was using multiple times a week, sometimes up to 3-4 before I realised I needed to cut back so I did that. The general key to my success has been setting a limit and sticking to it, no matter what. That means on when you use, how much you use, even down to planning what day you use. Don't go into your budget for other things and spend only what extra money you have.

The thing which has helped me the most has been shifting how I view my meth use to more of how I view my self harm. I've never promised myself never to self harm again, yet I go months and months without doing it. I used to promise myself I'd never use meth again and it was incredibly difficult to get through that first year. Now though, I find myself not even thinking much about it because I've got a day in the future I'm going to use, I'm saving up the money for it, and what will happen will happen. Perhaps I'll decide not to even. That's all the advice I can give.

I also have a dexamphetamine prescription so that may play a role as well however. It's a legitimate prescription thought for a medical condition. Two, actually. So meth for me is pretty meh anyway as a drug, I only use it because it's the only drug available that I can inject.

I can't.Very quickly can become everyday habbit.

Getting a job. Having real responsibilities possibly children will help you control Meth. Cause u can say bye to the job and $ u made there. You hurt your family. Then stop for them but you know what that means? You will be calling Mista Meth.

I inject meth once a month. I used to do it weekly until I moved into my new apartment and had to reduce my use because of the increase in rent and my tolerance. Now instead of using once a week I've decided to make the change to monthly.

I had a period in 2017 for around 9 months when I was an almost daily user, well for most of a week out of a fortnight at least with the money I had, then the second week I'd smoke a lot of weed. But in any case, I was using a lot of meth back then and I was really out of control. Over time after I went to rehab I slipped up here and there usually in 6-9 month increments until I made it 18 months without using then relapsed in December.

During December and January I was using multiple times a week, sometimes up to 3-4 before I realised I needed to cut back so I did that. The general key to my success has been setting a limit and sticking to it, no matter what. That means on when you use, how much you use, even down to planning what day you use. Don't go into your budget for other things and spend only what extra money you have.

The thing which has helped me the most has been shifting how I view my meth use to more of how I view my self harm. I've never promised myself never to self harm again, yet I go months and months without doing it. I used to promise myself I'd never use meth again and it was incredibly difficult to get through that first year. Now though, I find myself not even thinking much about it because I've got a day in the future I'm going to use, I'm saving up the money for it, and what will happen will happen. Perhaps I'll decide not to even. That's all the advice I can give.

I also have a dexamphetamine prescription so that may play a role as well however. It's a legitimate prescription thought for a medical condition. Two, actually. So meth for me is pretty meh anyway as a drug, I only use it because it's the only drug available that I can inject.

Dont slow down. Just extract your Meth metabolites from your urine.