• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone know how to control meth use?

I basically snort meth daily, usually a half g sometimes more. Other than the reason is that I can’t afford to buy it everyday, I need to take tolerance breaks and sleep every once in a while. So does anyone have any ideas with controlling it? Thanks again
Yeah...just dont do meth!

If you can get it amphetamines are much easier to control than meth. Provided you don't IV it it's far less compulsive than smoking meth ... and it's makes much less of a mess of your head which means you don't have to take more to keep functioning. The ay meth metabolises into active amphetamines at a high rate twice gives it a crazy duration that is really hard to work with and amps are over much faster. Stay up 1 or 2 nights .. eat a xanax .. go to bed .. and your fine the next morning.

Depends on where you are though. I'm in the UK where amps are cheaper than chocolate .. but meth is expensive. This almost certainly explains why I've never had a problem with meth. My amp habits have alays been controllable.

I basically snort meth daily, usually a half g sometimes more. Other than the reason is that I can’t afford to buy it everyday, I need to take tolerance breaks and sleep every once in a while. So does anyone have any ideas with controlling it? Thanks again
What do you like to do high on it, I myself am a frequent meth user. I use it daily myself, but to control use and limit yourself. Dose it, then do something to occupy your mind because the effect of it will last 8-12 hours reguardless.

If you are sitting around doing nothing or bored of course you will do a lot of it, but if you do something like play video games or any hobby it will help trust me

Amphetamines were made to help someone focus and increase dopamine levels so you are more interested in a subject or topic. I was on adderall my whole life until they stoped prescribing them to me. I switched to Meth and I still do the same old shit. Like I said just find something to occupy your brain so you aren't focusing on another dose.

it's on you. you have to teach yourself how to respect your homeostasis. we all get high, some of us will die. my favorite recommendation is to switch to something else you like for a while if you have any other drugs you like. meth does brain damage by keeping your brain overworking just like it does your heart. the damage presents itself as long term depression, and chronic fatigue. if your going to keep using, use something else for a while. seriously. you don't just need time for a tolerance break, but a brief escape from your impulse to gather your thoughts and decide and COMMIT to how your going to control this better in the future.

it's on you. you have to teach yourself how to respect your homeostasis. we all get high, some of us will die. my favorite recommendation is to switch to something else you like for a while if you have any other drugs you like. meth does brain damage by keeping your brain overworking just like it does your heart. the damage presents itself as long term depression, and chronic fatigue. if your going to keep using, use something else for a while. seriously. you don't just need time for a tolerance break, but a brief escape from your impulse to gather your thoughts and decide and COMMIT to how your going to control this better in the future.
The depression is for me, simply the sad realization that its not possible to keep going at that beautiful frantic pace. physically, tired for a bit. Dehydrated usually,; after long run it takes a while to convince your body that every morsel of food it receives wont be its last .Couple weeks you'll feel better. Stay busy, interact, do all the positive things suggested. Then the missing starts. The remembering. It's like learning your not just Clark Kent, your'e Superman. But earth is a no fly zone.
And you only notice the tweakers. I've met 70 yr old farmers overalls and chewing tobacco. Grandkids, tractors. been using ( as a tool) 50 yrs. What you spot is the sheeple. Thats why the stigma. That word usually is sooo broad.

Welcome to meth and heroin. Drugs that most people will never be able to moderate in use lol. I don't bear any judgement seriously because I have my own problems for sure--but meth is not a soft drug. It's perpetually infamous for users constantly redosing it until they're 5 days in without sleep.

I think it would help a lot to find a crash alleviator--I'm going to be really carefu not to state benzos because bluelighters love xanax and that's addicting lol. But maybe weed or gabapentin for the crash? Something light like ativan? Eventually you'll just have to alleviate the crash a bit and accept your demise. Stimulants are brutally honest as you reap what you sow. There are no games involved like benzos/opiates where you only really feel the crash all at once towards the end and it's the worst thing to ever occur. Stimulant crash is a kindness. If you have an amazing friend/relationship who you trust they can hold onto the rest for you and make sure you don't redose (would probably have to live with you).

If you continue on with this path in time the stims will be a horrible negative and paranoia experience with little dopamine rush. And then the depression will wreck you when you try to take a tolerance break. You've got time to figure out answers but it's good to not trust yourself because I never could teehee.

*Look into a time-based lock safe type of thing?
its used as medicine for people who don't function well at baseline. theoretically the concentrated raw drug at 10$ per 100 milligrams is a godsend. but these things get fucky quick in reality as youve clearly noticed. it ALWAYS FEELS like A GREAT IDEA that will feel FUCKING AWESOME to take more(god help us)... its an illusion. that does not apply to meth.

Yeah, its easier to do if you cease buying in bulk and stop having it in the house, its expensive to grab in small amounts but just have a few points every now and then.

Cutting back from daily, benzos help, just ride it out and dont have it around.

Thats all, nothing complicated.

I was always wondering how on earth anyone can do 0.5 g of meth a day. I mean that stuff is sooo potent. I find already something around 50 mg in one day extreme, my memory goes out the window and I start hallucinating. My brain is easily overexcited, I guess?
Anyway, oral administration might be a way to control it. Its bioavailability po is good and peaks in blood are reached after a time similar to snorting. I think 2 hours. If it is only about the kick it might be hard to control meth as you'll reach neurotoxic levels due to the long half-live (0.5 g, wtf? ;)o_O) and your brain will not be able to control its own dopamine without meth for a while after your last dose. So less might be more?

I was always wondering how on earth anyone can do 0.5 g of meth a day. I mean that stuff is sooo potent. I find already something around 50 mg in one day extreme, my memory goes out the window and I start hallucinating. My brain is easily overexcited, I guess?
Anyway, oral administration might be a way to control it. Its bioavailability po is good and peaks in blood are reached after a time similar to snorting. I think 2 hours. If it is only about the kick it might be hard to control meth as you'll reach neurotoxic levels due to the long half-live (0.5 g, wtf? ;)o_O) and your brain will not be able to control its own dopamine without meth for a while after your last dose. So less might be more?

You know I always wondered that too. I've never done meth (fortunately) but strangely somehow 60 milligrams of adderall in a fun run turned into 300 milligrams throughout the day at some points.

So basically tolerance is the devil. Stimulants retain some of their quality positive effects that make people abuse the absolute crap out of them--but they also lose their potency after some time no matter how high you go with the dose. I think everyone is just trying to recreate the feeling in the beginning. Sounds like opiates really. But every drug kind of has that repeated process in time. Then users quit for a while (if even possible), either deliberately or just because their bank account is literally 0 dollars. Once again, it feels amazing to return to. But something is lost after a certain point of time you know? You start to fear how powerful the drugs are within your life and then it just gets pitch black.

Hi, I’m new to this forum but wanted to give my 2 cents on this discussion. I was a gnarly IV heroin addict for 4 years and then when I moved to California for treatment I became a daily IV meth user. I used IV meth daily for about 14 months in San Diego before my mind started to slip away. Anyways, I moved to Los Angeles and got 14 months sober. Then out of nowhere I had a strong sickening craving to experience meth again. So I smoked for 18 hours and enjoyed the high but for some reason never wanted to do it anymore. That was until another 13-14 months of sobriety and I again had strong cravings for meth. So I smoked it again and was content with my high but did not want to do it again. Now, another 13-14 months have passed and I again experienced cravings for meth and a slight craving for IV use of Tina. So I bought some online (dark Web) and I smoked last night (and this morning) but have no want to do it tomorrow or the next week or month. Idk why my brain works like this, but I used to never have this kind of control when it came to opioids or meth (IV). My therapist is stunned too, but somehow I have regained control of substances. Maybe it’s NEUROPLASTICITY and AA/meditation and antipsychotics (early treatment for meth detox) helped realign things better. I also did LSD and DMT while in treatment.

Thanks for the responses. It’s a work in progress rn
And it's always going to be, except you'll be taking two steps back for most of it. I can tell you one thing, if that's you in your avatar, you won't look that good for long doing half a G of meth every day.

the ONLY control i ever had over meth was when i finally said no more and quit. it's so hard to to control yourself when you love something that deeply.

When I’m using now I can control the amount that I use day by day, but I can’t stop using every day. I use about 2 points per day now.

Amphetamines were made to help someone focus and increase dopamine levels so you are more interested in a subject or topic. I was on adderall my whole life until they stoped prescribing them to me. I switched to Meth and I still do the same old shit. Like I said just find something to occupy your brain so you aren't focusing on another dose.

This. You can't make doing the stimulant THE activity. It has to be the wind, not your sails. I like it as a momentum, as a tool to remove myself from out of the way of myself. lol motivation and some direction. I do have an incredibly high tolerance and have never thought the police were after me or that my neighbor was a spy. I think some of that boils down to a personal belief and standard that I have where I simply do not tolerate whacked out behavior regardless of the days I've been up or the amount I've done. That's a muscle you build slowly by walking away from zoned in behaviors, by taking a moment to reset and laugh about some crazy thought you were fixated on. Yeah there comes a point where you could get so backwards on a thought or a feeling that you cant straighten it out but its incredibly possible to not get there at all by heading off such nonsense at the pass on smaller levels before it grows. The same muscle that allows you to do this while bingeing will be the one you use to take some time off when smart finances, obligations or simply your desire demand it.

Apropos to nothing:
Personally I tend to feel that the "erhmahgod you can't, run for the hills" messages to be less than helpful for OP or subsequent reader. If fear worked this would be a bible forum. I think humans are infinitely more capable and strong than we give ourselves credit for. Even if you couldn't control your use until you lost everything you will make a greater impact with a "looking back here are some of the things i could have done" rather than a "nobody can do this" statement. No hate, just two cents from a high functioning tweaker. :geek:

It's a shame that all of info on meth from the early 1930's till really the mid 50's was either destroyed, never collected in the first place, I think even drs went with what works and were fine using just anecdotal data. In the 30's meth could be bought at any pharmaceutical store anywhere in Germany (temmler made billions of doses for.the civilian market, but just as much of not more went into the war effort and then even more so under toten krieg (total war, every factory teeming with Germans on meth) I don't know if it was subsidized on the civilian level, pretty sure it wasn't as it was cheap enough to put in cholate aimed for housewifes, these chocolate had a much higher dose than the 5 grains(mg) in you're typical "roll" ten or 12 pills in a roll with red cellophane. I've heard that Japan essentislly.followed the German .m odel. Which is odd seeing as how meth was discovered by a Japanese man working on ehpedra, they shelved meth for almost 75-100 years until hydrochloride meth was developed/sntyhed. Anyone have info on Japan's use of meth. I know the U.A was super keen to find out what drugs were in development for warfare. They created benzedrine I believe and used that fro m we2 till at least Vietnam. Last I heard is that some spec ops teams have lots with what we used to call dexies, which if remember right is d-amphet can't be d meth because itsnuseless or.is that Le vo(left) meth? Also when they captured boring he had a huge suitcase filled wit h 1000 and thousands of 10mg para codeine tablets. At the time of his arrest he was taking 20 in am and 20 pills p.m. Once the feds have Burton c Andrews the labs which confirmed para codiene(which was novel at.the time in the u.s.) They reduced his intake by a pill a day. Goring didn't notice until he was down to 16 pills. He eventually was weened off totally it it backfired in court(show trail/kangaroo court") boring iq of 141 came roaring back and a very smart goring make a mockery of the process. Anyway today it's the same story the world over people(90+%) work back breaking jobs so of course they need well some need their fix of either up or down to.get through the day. The U.S. Is and always has controlled the black market. Just look at was and sea, the golden triangle there and also the golden triangle centered around sinaloa(we first contracted them to.produce poppy for us) now we allow.certain groups/cartels like a few in Afghanistan to.flourish and flood the Russian and irian market( 1at and 2nd highest rates of heroin addiction in the world.) Imo we have an alliance with a certain element within sinaloa. THhats been obvious to anyone who knows anything about that world. It's impossible to tell cops from robbers, govt from cartel, the fact is the y all work together. Th e model is clear but how it's all works at the very very top is on a need to I know basis. Anyone who tells you they know how it all works from top to bottom is full of it.. When I was in the biz we had a saying. "Those who talk don't know, those who know don't talk" however when someone is validated it isn't taboo to talk shop . " okay that was a he'll of a tsngent . To get on point I was originally saying it's a shame we couldn't have extracted more valuable info from all the "lab rats" aka civilians.a.term used by assholes who detest "common workers"

Also when they captured Goering he had a huge suitcase filled wit h 1000 and thousands of 10mg para codeine tablets. At the time of his arrest he was taking 20 in am and 20 pills p.m. Once the feds have Burton c Andrews the labs which confirmed para codiene(which was novel at.the time in the u.s.) They reduced his intake by a pill a day. Geoering didn't notice until he was down to 16 pills. He eventually was weened off totally it it backfired in court(show trail/kangaroo court") Goering iq of 141 came roaring back and a very smart goring make a mockery of the process.
I almost missed this little gem. I corrected the spelling with bold to what I think you meant. Are you really an apologist for Uber-Nazi Hermann Goering? I try and love everybody but with speed-fulled Nazi’s I draw the line. Anyway Goering was on dihydrocodeine not amps so what the fuck has he got to do with this thread?