• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone know anything about bromantane?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever heard of bromantane and if so, what do you know about it??

Supposedly it is a safe Stimulant produced by Russian manufacterers which also is anxiolytic and I THINK they said it acts on GABA receptors but I'm not sure...

Sounds like a more stimulant version of Phenibut.

Does anyone know if it can be safely combined with things like Lexapro, Klonopin, Kratom and Phenibut?? (In particular Lexapro as I can avoid taking the others but take Lexapro daily)

I THINK it might be related to Prolitane based on it also being a stimulant and them having the same ending for the name but that's all I'm going on lol, and I kind of like Prolintane though it has no true anxiolytic properties and can be a bit overly stimulating for the body if too much is taken.

Here's one site's info (I'm not sourcing here though) (I'm not sure if they are the only ones who call it Ladastan or others do as well):

"Ladasten (bromantane)

According to the manufacturer and independent clinical studies Ladasten may help to reduce anxiety and delay the onset of physical and mental fatigue. Benefits may include:

• Reduce Fatigue / Boost Energy
  • Increase Physical Stamina
  • Relieve Anxiety / Improve Sleep
  • Elevates & Stabilizes Mood
  • Boost Memory, Focus & Concentration
  • Non-Toxic & Non Habit Forming

While Very Effective, Ladasten Is Safe, Legal, Non-Toxic And Non-Habit Forming.

Ladasten (Bromantan/Bromantane) may help you be alert and reduce anxiety. According to the manufacturer, it doesn't just not make you nervous. It will actually helpreduce your level of anxiety (anxiolytic properties). At the same time it may improve physical and mental performance.
Ladasten has solved the age-old problem of being both energized and tranquil.
Who may benefit?

• High stress job or heavy workload.
  • Students under pressure to perform.
  • Over 50 and feeling it.
  • Worn out, stressed out or sleep deprived.

According to the manufacturer Ladasten combats feelings of "neurasthenia" or "asthenia" (common Russian term) defined as:
Increased anxiety, irritability, fatigue, and intolerance to mental and physical strain. Being easily distracted and complaining of absentmindedness, poor memory and low mood. Sleep disturbances, including difficulty in falling asleep, superficial or un-refreshing sleep, sleepiness during the day, and/or insomnia at night.
... so basically tired, foggy, & stressed."

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^

Right, Bromantane.

Hope I don't get fewer views now.

Is there an option to edit the title of a thread and if so, how??

Here's more info about it:

"IntroductionBromantane, N-(4-bromophenyl) adamantan-2-amine, is a drugwith anxiolytic and immunostimulatory actions and elements ofactoprotective activity [1-3]. Bromantane is not potentially addictiveand does not exert effects of hypnosedation or neuromuscularrelaxation. The use of the drug, in contrast to the action of a typicalpsycho stimulant, is not associated with the phenomenon of hyperstimulation and causes no consequences such as functional exhaustionof the body [4]. These properties of drug stipulated its using as a dopingagent [5]. According to World Anti-Doping Agency classification,Bromantane belongs to S6; a class of prohibited substances [6].The therapeutic action of Bromantane in patients with asthenic andanxiety-asthenic disorders is exhibited from first day of application,which is expressed by a marked reduction of asthenic symptoms,signs of emotional tension, and somatoautonomic manifestations; thedrug works by restoring performance and enhancing the enduranceof the body. Its mechanism of action is associated with the release ofreinforcing dopamine from the presynaptic terminal [7], blockade ofits reuptake, and enhancement of biosynthesis and induced tyrosinehydroxylase gene expression, as well as with a modulatory effect on theBenzodiazepine-GABA-receptor-chloride ion channel complex, upregulatingthe stress-induced decrease of benzodiazepine reception.Bromantane increases GABAergic transmission, reduces geneexpression, and regulates the synthesis of GABA-mediators, which actas reuptake transmitters. Bromantane has low toxicity (LD50 in rats ishigher than 10000 mg/kg, exceeding the effective dose by 100 times)."

Search Google for: Alzheimer and Bromantane. There has been discussion about a link between the two. I don't know how relevant the link between them is, I just mention it so that you can do your own research and come to your own conclusion.

It does sound good. If I recall correctly mesocarb might be a similar Russian drug with stimulant/anxiolitic properties.

Never really researched too much. I do however like phenibut and tianeptine (even though that one is French in origin).

I love Russians and their interesting pharmaceuticals and illicit drug scenes.

2-fluoromethamphetamine I actually found to be a very functional stimulant and perhaps even a mildly anxiolitic one as well. Other people seem to agree.

The compound I would have tried would almost definately br racemic. I can only imagine a dextro pure 2fma would be godly.
You'd get so much shit done!! :)

Here is more info on it I found from one vendor (not mentioning who it is of course):

"Developed in the 1970s in the Research Institute of Pharmacology (Russia), Bromantane was the first pharmaceutical of its kind that could exhibit simultaneously both mild psychostimulating and anxiolytic effects.
Bromantane is very different from typical psycostimulants in that it does not work on any particular receptor in the brain but acts on the expression of 1116 genes, all of which affect the central nervous system. Its unique mild psycostimulating effect can be attributed particularly to an increase in the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase - the key ferment responsible for dopamine synthesis. In other words, bromantane indirectly stimulates the expression of dopamine, unlike typical stimulants, which simply release dopamine already stored in the synaptic cleft. As a result, Ladasten has a weaker stimulating effect and does not cause dopamine depletion.
Bromantane was also found to have an anxiolytic effect that was attributed to a decrease in the expression of GABA-trasporter gene. This results in an increase in GABA in the synaptic cleft, which explains its anxiolytic properties. This compound was extensively studied in Russia and was found to be very safe.
Bromantane was used by seven Russian athletes, including two medalists, during 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, following which the compound was added to the banned list as a stimulant and a masking agent.
Ladasten ® can be used by those who have the following symptoms:

• Asthenic disorders of different types, e.g. somatic symptoms disorders and after-effects of infections
  • Neurastenia (exhaustion of the central nervous system’s energy reserves).
Country of Manufacture: Russia
Dosage and administration
Ladasten ® should be taken following meals. The normal daily dose is 100-200 mg: 50-100 mg twice daily (morning and afternoon). The duration of a course of treatment is 2 - 4 weeks. The drug should not be taken after 4 pm.
Side Effects
Side effects include allergic reactions, insomnia and overstimulation. If side effects occur it is usually sufficent to decrease the dosage.
Ladasten (Bromantan)

According to the manufacturer and independent clinical studies Ladasten may help to reduce anxiety and delay the onset of physical and mental fatigue. Benefits may include:
  • Reduce Fatigue / Boost Energy
  • Increase Physical Stamina
  • Relieve Anxiety / Improve Sleep
  • Elevates & Stabilizes Mood
  • Boost Memory, Focus & Concentration
  • Non-Toxic & Non Habit Forming

While Very Effective, Ladasten Is Safe, Legal, Non-Toxic And Non-Habit Forming.

Ladasten (Bromantan/Bromantane) may help you be alert and reduce anxiety. According to the manufacturer, it doesn't just not make you nervous. It will actually help reduce your level of anxiety (anxiolytic properties). At the same time it may improve physical and mental performance.
Ladasten has solved the age-old problem of being both energized and tranquil.
Who may benefit?

• High stress job or heavy workload.
  • Students under pressure to perform.
  • Over 50 and feeling it.
  • Worn out, stressed out or sleep deprived.
According to the manufacturer Ladasten combats feelings of "neurasthenia" or "asthenia" (common Russian term) defined as:
Increased anxiety, irritability, fatigue, and intolerance to mental and physical strain. Being easily distracted and complaining of absentmindedness, poor memory and low mood. Sleep disturbances, including difficulty in falling asleep, superficial or un-refreshing sleep, sleepiness during the day, and/or insomnia at night.
... so basically tired, foggy, & stressed."

Everything they mention seems to say that it HAS in fact been studied in Russia and found to be safe.

They said it was tested by 7 athletes in the 1996 AtlantaOlympic Games including 2 medalists, and added to the banned substance list because it was seen to improve performance.

I REALLY think I want to try this.

I mean with what VERY little we know here, does anyone who knows more about this think it sounds like it would interact badly with Lexapro??

I mean they don't mention it being an MAOI so I doubt it is one and does it really sound like a strong serotonin releaser??

It doesn't to me.

Some people might say I take more risks than I should in mixing things with my SSRI but honestly I think I usually show a reasonable amount of logic in figuring what not to mix it with considering that I think USUALLY if things aren't MAOIs or REALLY powerful serotonin releasers they tend not to mix too badly with an SSRI.

Would any Mods here agree with that logic???

This doesn't sound like either and that's the logic which has allowed me to so far safely combine things like Kratom, Phenibut and Prolintane with my SSRI.

It already sounds safe enough that I'd use it on it's own, so that is pretty much the one thing I am wondering about.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24009833

Here's an open access review of its class of molecules. I'm going to read through it later, but I thought I'd post it in case you're interested. Something I haven't seen covered in the literature is carcinogenicty and potential neurotoxicity

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24009833

Here's an open access review of its class of molecules. I'm going to read through it later, but I thought I'd post it in case you're interested. Something I haven't seen covered in the literature is carcinogenicty and potential neurotoxicity

Thanks.

I don't understand the more complex parts about chemistry nor do I have a deeper understanding of how drugs interact, but the general gist seems to be that Bromantane belongs to a class of drugs called Actoprotectors which generally have very few side effects and that at least in Russia, it HAS been tested on athletes and has been seen to be generally safe and have very few side effects and be a performance enhancing drug.

I just wonder for my own possible usage whether or not it interacts negatively with Lexapro, but if it's not an MAOI or serotonin releaser, which it doesn't SOUND like it is, then it shouldn't, should it??

This part was of note:

"All of the thoroughly studied actoprotectors have no serious side effects. Bemitil can cause dyspeptic disturbances (nausea, particularly on an empty stomach, though seldomly; vomiting; a general sense of discomfort in the region of the stomach and/or liver), psychoactivation effects (affective irritability, shortening of sleep quality and length), headache, and hyperemia of the face. Bromantane is characterized by the almost full absence of side effects including manifestations of withdrawal syndrome and hyperstimulation."

Bromantane had one of the fastest tolerance increases I've ever experiences with any drug. Ever! Haha. The first dose had a.calming stimulating feel to it. Then it stopped.working. I did hear that was true but had to try myself. Seems like if anything it'd be best to use once a week

Bromantane had one of the fastest tolerance increases I've ever experiences with any drug. Ever! Haha. The first dose had a.calming stimulating feel to it. Then it stopped.working. I did hear that was true but had to try myself. Seems like if anything it'd be best to use once a week

Wow so you tried it.

So it had a fast tolerance increase BUT did it cause withdrawal or addiction and did you see any side effects other than tolerance increase?

That totally sucked that it stopped working.

Do you think it stopped working because you did too much of it and would you say I'd be wasting my money/time in buying some??

I mean the tests said that it helped these Olympic athletes in 1996 so maybe you were rare in your tolerance increase?

But do you think if used once a week it would have continued to work for you??

Why are you surprised I tried it? Read the reports on longecity. It's been out for a long time.

I don't know the dose I know it was one or two capsules. Just try it and maybe you'll be different. It was a few years ago I tried it

It wouldn't be a waste of money. It's frequently sold out on the site I usually buy from. It's a good dopaminergic stimulant, and I am looking forward to trying it.

I expect more from it than - rolls eyes - adrafanil...

And it is something you could use everyday...it is a medication after all. People take ritalin and adderall every day and they still work.

Well I was pretty interested, but did a little more researching and saw some info regarding regular use contributing to alzheimers disease. I may still give it a go, but it doesn't seem worth the potential risk to use every day. Just some food for thought. And I agree with you BlueHair. I tried flmodafinil and was really let down. Just felt like I had too much caffeine with some extreme ocd added in there. I recently gave propylhexadrine a shot and am pretty impressed with it. Not as good as Adderall, but close.

Well I was pretty interested, but did a little more researching and saw some info regarding regular use contributing to alzheimers disease. I may still give it a go, but it doesn't seem worth the potential risk to use every day. Just some food for thought. And I agree with you BlueHair. I tried flmodafinil and was really let down. Just felt like I had too much caffeine with some extreme ocd added in there. I recently gave propylhexadrine a shot and am pretty impressed with it. Not as good as Adderall, but close.

Well maybe the problem is that you want to use it everyday??

I have absolute ZERO interest in using it everyday as I try not to use ANY recreational drug literally EVERY DAY.

I mean I'm not saying I don't understand addictive behavior cause BELIEVE ME I DO but what is it with people thinking that a drug is no good if you can't use it EVERY SINGLE DAY???

Don't you have some self control to just use it once or twice a week at least??

That's all I'd be trying, and most likely only until whatever I bought ran out and who knows if I'd like it enough to buy more.

As someone who has used Klonopin almost every single day for 11 years and then toning it back SLIGHTLY to more like 5 days a week, which is also linked to Alzheimers without ever seeing a single negative effect, I find it hard to care about something I MIGHT try a dozen times or so causing alzheimer's hahaha.

Im looking for something that can be used on a somewhat regular basis. I will probably give it a try, but it doesn't sound like something im going to keep in my stash.

Well I tried it. Less than impressed. Comparable to flmodafinil.

I'm planning on buying some.

Do you think I'd be wasting my money??

Did it get you at all high or relieve anxiety in any way??

It sounds really good as something described as giving energy but also being an anxiolytic but then people who have tried it say it's not great.

Could it be just you who thinks it sucks???

I REALLY want to like it lol.

I also think 'finils suck, too. Some say they like it. Different strokes for different folks. Bromantane relieved anxiety a little bit, but not for very long. About 30 minutes after taking it, I noticed it a bit. Just felt a little calm and focused, but it wasn't anything worth writing home about. Went on a bike ride shortly after feeling it. Didn't get much of an energy boost. Rode for about an hour. The feeling was completely gone by then.