• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone know anything about bromantane?

Wait, so now you have totally shifted gears and think it ISN'T safe to mix with an SSRI???

I didn't fully read all you quotes but will go back and do so, but the wiki page said that it did NOT have a significant impact on serotonin in normal dosages and that only a very large amount would be likely to cause a problem.

Could you explain why you no longer think this is true???
Well, the wiki page states that it's not a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin, but the second quote states that bromantane increased the levels of serotonin in one part of the brain, while decreasing the levels in another region.
Drugs can change serotonin levels in different ways, not only by inhibiting the re-uptake

I'd say taper the SSRI, if you are able to and try the bromantane a week after stopping the SSRI, just to be safe

Should I move the thread to Neurosience and Pharmacology discussion ?

Well, the wiki page states that it's not a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin, but the second quote states that bromantane increased the levels of serotonin in one part of the brain, while decreasing the levels in another region.
Drugs can change serotonin levels in different ways, not only by inhibiting the re-uptake

I'd say taper the SSRI, if you are able to and try the bromantane a week after stopping the SSRI, just to be safe

Well if you move it over there I'll probably be really confused about what they are saying cause I don't understand technical scientific drug discussion lol.

I think it's a VERY bad idea to try to stop or taper off of my SSRI.

I don't want to mess with it and trying to remove it from my body.

I mean I'd skip a single day but I don't want to find out what would happen if I stopped.

I don't know what to do because the Bromantane arrived in the mail today and I'm VERY curious about it.

Who on this forum do you think would have a better perspective or my more knowledge than yourself about how safe it might be to take this stuff while on Lexapro??

I just want to hear from the most informed mods and posters on this site regarding this so I can try to make a more informed decision.

I know no one knows much about this drug, but a Russian poster on Reddit said that it is considered safe for use in Russia and that he's used it and thinks it's safe, and that's probably the most informed opinion I've gotten so far.

Actually, do you think I might be able to get a better response on whether or not it's safe to combine Bromintane with Lexapro if you move the thread to the Neuroscience and Pharmacology discussion??

Cause if you DO think I'll get a more accurate answer from the discussions they have there then yes, please do move it, or if possible you could make a duplicate of it and move that one there so this one can still be here....either way, yeah, if you think I'll get a better answer there you can move it.

Otherwise there's no point because I'm sure the things they will explain down there I won't understand as I have no understanding of pharmacology or neuroscience.

Meanwhile, this stuff has already arrived in the mail and is just sitting on my desk.'s

It's funny how a potentially powerful drug can look so benign or unobtrusive.

They are just these tiny little white pills that look like they could be anything...but than again pills don't really usually look all that different from eachother.

The package is in Russian too so I can't read anything it says.

I don't feel quite safe enough just popping one yet, and I guess now that I have it I'd assume that they could stay good for a very long time in an unopened package, but it seems too bad to have such an interesting drug in my possession go unused.

Then again it would be a lot MORE than just "seeming sad" if I took it and had a bad reaction.

So yes, if you think I'll get better answers to the safety of this combo then please move it down to Neuroscience and Pharmacology.

So I'm not usually one to "tattle" on my fellow posters but Asecin over at Neuroscience and Pharmacology is SO sure that Bromantane (which I have heard IS supposedly a prescription medication in Russia and which was banned as a PED in the 1996 Olympics)....he's SOO sure that Bromantane is nothing but placaebo that he actually advised me to go take all 50 of the Bromantane pills I have up on my desk and just see what happens!!!!

This particularly bothers me because I DO want to try it but being on an SSRI (Lexapro) I'm trying to be careful and figure out whatever there is that is known about the combination.

While some users have said they thought it was placebo others have noticed some very strong effects and everywhere in between.

But I'd say that the Russian government banning it as a PED in the 1996 Olympics and it's supposed usage by prescription in Russia are enough for us to note that this stuff is not just simply placebo and that the pills probably have more in them than sugar.

Just because a drug isn't well known doesn't mean it's placebo.

I mean look at all the RCs people on this site take and accept as legit yet this stuff in particular is considered to be PURE placebo???

I don't know, It COULD be...but who created a whole wikipedia page just to try to make the stuff sound like a legit drug??

Seems like a lot of work to go to for no real reason if the stuff is just placebo...

Just my two cents bro (mantine), I would lay off it if there is a possibility of serotonin toxicity and you're not totally sure about it....there was a thread around here where a kid had taken Effexor, dxm, lyrica, and ambien and ended up dying...that scared the shit out of me as those are all by themselves considered pretty mild drugs...I believe it was the Effexor dxm combo in particular, I forget, but yeah two drugs together that increase serotonin? No thanks...

I really really doubt that it's just placebo, there are a few studies claiming that it has effects on rats etc. and why would it be on the doping list if it's just placebo. Sounds like bullshit.

Just my two cents bro (mantine), I would lay off it if there is a possibility of serotonin toxicity and you're not totally sure about it....there was a thread around here where a kid had taken Effexor, dxm, lyrica, and ambien and ended up dying...that scared the shit out of me as those are all by themselves considered pretty mild drugs...I believe it was the Effexor dxm combo in particular, I forget, but yeah two drugs together that increase serotonin? No thanks...

Well I already know it's a COMPLETE NO-NO to EVER combine DXM with an SSRI.

That's probably what did it.

Yeah, I don't know.

It's possible I might skip my Lexapro one day try like a 4th or 1/2 of one of the pills but I don't know.

I mean it seems unlikely that a 1/4th of one of them would cause serious problems and I'd probably know if I started feeling unwell, but I'm not so sure I want to test it out.

But the combo you mentioned would be an immediate red flag.

If you don't know that DXM mixes horribly with SSRIs you haven't done your homework.

Recent update:

A few days ago I did FINALLY try some Bromantane.

I skipped my Lexapro dose just to be on the safe side and started with half a pill (25mgs) and then after another 2 hours or so took the other half for a total of 50mgs.

Honestly it is true that I in fact noticed no effects whatsoever so that poster Ascenin or whatever his name is is now going to say that's proof that the stuff is just "sugar pills" lol but I am still 100% convinced that Bromantane (this vendor calls it Ladastan) is a real drug.

All you have to do are some internet searches and you can see that this stuff is a prescription drug in Russia and that it was tested on Olympic athletes and that several athletes got into trouble for using it in the 1996 Olympics and the Olympic commissions have banned it for being a performance enhancing drug.

There are details pages, including Wikipedia, that explain how the drug works and its effect on the brain.

All this info is PROOF that Bromtane (Ladastan) IS a real drug.

HOWEVER...I cannot know 100% for FACT that the particular vendor I got it from didn't mail me sugar pills INSTEAD of Bromantane, though I would still say that that is PROBABLY HIGHLY unlikely.

Most likely I just need a larger dose and/or it may be the sort of drug that just doesn't work well on me.

People like that poster who claimed it was placebo tend to forget how many INCREDIBLY mild drugs DO exist in the world which only have very subtle effects OR need to build up in the body before having noticeable effects (another reason the drug might not have worked as I HAVE heard SOME people claim they have felt that way with Bromantane) and also that some people just don't respond well to some drugs.

You'd be surprised how many people exist who get NO effect from certain drugs.

I've heard that there are people who CAN'T get high off weed, (hard to buy I know but it IS possible), people who SSRIs don't work for, etc.

And then there are drugs like Phenylpiracetam which some people claim to get GREAT effects from yet I tried it and it did NOTHING to me.

Bromantane HAS been almost unanimously agreed upon by everyone I've read who took it that is IS in fact a VERY mild drug at almost any dose.

People all respond differently to drugs too, so my guess is my personal makeup just doesn't work well with the drug OR I need a higher dose or to take the drug for longer periods of time.

But I am almost definitely going to try to take this stuff again.

Probably some day next week I will skip my Lexapro again just to be on the safe side and start with a pill and a half (75mgs) instead of 50mgs like last time, then wait a couple hours and if I feel like it take the other half to make it a full 100mgs which is usually the highest dose people claim to use.

I PROBABLY would opt not to go higher than that though.

I'll probably take the stuff a few times and see if I can get it to work for me, but even if it never has any effect on me the MOST I'd be willing to POSSIBLY except is that the vendor i"m using could be using fake pills (still probably NOT true) but I will NOT agree to the concept that Bromantane/Ladastan is a "Fake" drug.

All the evidence out there supports that this is in fact a real compound that has been prescribed to people in Russia, banned by the Olympics and used as a performance enhancing drug in the Olympics.

Extremely mild, barely even noticeable relaxation for about 30 minutes followed by a feeling of being wound up mentally like I had too much caffeine and feeling really obsessive about minor things. Like getting my pants to fit right, etc....Which is pretty much the same experience I had with 'finils. Wasn't comparable to amphetamine at all.

What exactly are expecting from taking it?

Not sure, something like a mix of stimulant and anxiolytic/relaxing high.

It sounded/sounds like it's slightly like Phenibut which I enjoy.

Described as an "anxiolytic stimulant" and two of my favorite drugs, Kratom and Phenibut, are unique in having both stimulant and relaxant effects, so I'm kind of hoping for something like that.

In a few days I will probably pick a day to skip my Lexapro again and experiment with a slightly larger dose, but I'm not expecting much now that it didn't do anything last time.

I still think it's a "real" drug though, that claim by that one poster that it wasn't, with all the info out their to the contrary, is ridiculous.

I just get the urge to experiment with certain drugs every now and then, sometimes slightly rarer ones, just to see what they do, but I'm not completely stupid to the point that I'll just go take anything without at least doing some research to make a strong opinion regarding whether or not it's really likely to be harmful.

Not sure, something like a mix of stimulant and anxiolytic/relaxing high.
Thanks
It sounded/sounds like it's slightly like Phenibut which I enjoy.

Described as an "anxiolytic stimulant" and two of my favorite drugs, Kratom and Phenibut, are unique in having both stimulant and relaxant effects, so I'm kind of hoping for something like that.

In a few days I will probably pick a day to skip my Lexapro again and experiment with a slightly larger dose, but I'm not expecting much now that it didn't do anything last time.

I still think it's a "real" drug though, that claim by that one poster that it wasn't, with all the info out their to the contrary, is ridiculous.

I just get the urge to experiment with certain drugs every now and then, sometimes slightly rarer ones, just to see what they do, but I'm not completely stupid to the point that I'll just go take anything without at least doing some research to make a strong opinion regarding whether or not it's really likely to be harmful.
Why do u stop the Lexapro? It takes weeks for it to 'work', so wouldnt u have to be off it for weeks for ur brain to not be serotoninized ? Like it doesn't matter if u skip a day, ur brains already changed. The Lexapro is already having effect, even if u stopped it , it would take a few days for it to leave ur system, then experience withdrawals AND THEN UR BRAIN GOES BACK TO NORMAL FROM HOMEOSTASIS. U can't just stop an ssri like that dude, it's pointless.

Why do u stop the Lexapro? It takes weeks for it to 'work', so wouldnt u have to be off it for weeks for ur brain to not be serotoninized ? Like it doesn't matter if u skip a day, ur brains already changed. The Lexapro is already having effect, even if u stopped it , it would take a few days for it to leave ur system, then experience withdrawals AND THEN UR BRAIN GOES BACK TO NORMAL FROM HOMEOSTASIS. U can't just stop an ssri like that dude, it's pointless.

Yes, I agree for the most part.

Stopping for one day however puts me at no risk for going through any kind of SSRI withdrawal but there might POSSIBLY be SOMEWHAT less of whatever chemical is in it if I skip a day IF it SOMEHOW interacted negatively with the Bromantane.

However, really you are probably right that there's no point.

Also, I don't think it probably does have negative interactions with SSRIs from what information I've read including an anecdotal report from someone on Reddit who combined the two drugs and had no issues.

Most accounts say that Bromantane probably doesn't act on serotonin much.

I just felt like since skipping a day of Lexapro doesn't put me in any harm that I might as well skip it on days I try out the Bromantane just to be safe.

Either way it's probably irrelevant.

I took 2 pills today (100mgs) that I'm "on"?? now.

I don't feel much, but one thing I am noticing is I am not super depressed from my Kratom withdrawal like I was last night and it's only day 3 of WD so it is possible it may be lifting my mood because before I took it I WAS depressed.

We'll see if it does anything.

I'll probably continue to experiment with it a little more, but I can already see it's not really going to do a whole lot, but sometimes very subtle drug effects should be appreciated so we will see.