• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone here gotten medical help for Loperamide abuse?

Chris, in your other thread you mentioned you got off IV Heroin by switching to kratom, but now you feel stuck on kratom.

The same thing is likely to happen if you try to switch to lope. Except with lope, you will be putting your health in danger, you will be setting yourself up for even worse and longer lasting withdrawals and you may even end up jacking your tolerance to other opioids sky high.

There would only be two ways you should use lope:

1) only at therapeutic doses to control diarrhea as needed during the withdrawal process

2) in larger doses but on a very aggressive fast taper. If you stall on the taper you'll just find yourself addicted to lope and in a precarious situation.

You are better off trying to taper with kratom. Have you tried that yet?

Try reading through the various long lope threads we have and you'll see lots of horror stories of people innocently switching to lope from other opioids, quickly rising to insanely high doses and then getting stuck at those high doses for long periods of time (years). You may want to reconsider. Many of those stories include heart issues from lope...

Thanks for the reply brotha. Guess ill stay clear from lope then! Esp. if it can cause cardiovascular problems. But yes, currently im "stuck" on Kratom. I haven't tried to taper, because I dont want to stop taking it yet. I need to wait for my yearly drug test, which is coming up soon... Id rather use marijuana for my pain (less side effects). Once i take my drug test (in a month), ill start to taper off and use weed. I never had any problems with weed in the past, so hopefully, it will help with pain and withdrawals (if there are any). Plus it will be a good "back up" medicine for my seizures. Thanks again brotha.

Chris, in your other thread you mentioned you got off IV Heroin by switching to kratom, but now you feel stuck on kratom.

The same thing is likely to happen if you try to switch to lope. Except with lope, you will be putting your health in danger, you will be setting yourself up for even worse and longer lasting withdrawals and you may even end up jacking your tolerance to other opioids sky high.

There would only be two ways you should use lope:

1) only at therapeutic doses to control diarrhea as needed during the withdrawal process

2) in larger doses but on a very aggressive fast taper. If you stall on the taper you'll just find yourself addicted to lope and in a precarious situation.

You are better off trying to taper with kratom. Have you tried that yet?

Try reading through the various long lope threads we have and you'll see lots of horror stories of people innocently switching to lope from other opioids, quickly rising to insanely high doses and then getting stuck at those high doses for long periods of time (years). You may want to reconsider. Many of those stories include heart issues from lope...

And Chris, to add to what MDPV said, I've been dependent on ~400mg/day. Thats a shit load. Like HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING load, but until I really got involved here, it didn't seem like all that much to me. In my head, 96 pills is worthless unless its the last resort. Which is insane. Other people have had great difficulty coming off of 40mg doses.......20 pills.........and even less. And people have had extremely distressing withdrawal symptoms off of long term THEREPUTIC SUGGESTED doses for their IBS. I've heard people say that taking anywhere from 30-100mg every day for 1-2 weeks made their withdrawal worse and fucked up their tolerance big time.

Also, a personal anecdote, The first time I ever used heroin, was 2 years ago. As a "treat" I bought 4 bags of dope from a "friend". I sniffed half a bag, nervous it'd be too much..........well I ended up doing all of it, and still had to run out later to get lope from the store to get out of the withdrawal I was starting to get. I saw the dude who sold it to me sniff one of those bags and was nodding out like crazy. I'd only been doing loperamide for about 9 months at that point, and he had been a devoted junkie for about 5 years. My tolerance was THAT fucked by the loperamide. Literally every opioid I've tried since I started loperamide has been a placebo effect at best. I have no idea how long its going to really take me to recover, but its looking like a VERY long term engagement. And I started thinking that I'd take it and taper off and be back to sober in 3 weeks or less.

Its best not use it that way, it will most likely blow you back big time.