• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone have trouble peeing after a one or two day meth session?

Bryan11

Greenlighter
I'm not talking about the penis. This is happening at the bladder, or maybe the prostate, but I didn't do any anal play or use a vibrator below my balls. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. The first time it went away after 24 hours. Now I'm going on to two days and am lucky to get a dribble here and there with some pain. I'm thinking that the valve is swollen. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.

This just happened to me like a week ago when i tried meth for the first time.... it’s bc meth severely dehydrates you and you have nothing left to pee. You have to drive a shit ton of water before, during and after doing it.

Difficulty urinating is a side effect of methamphetamine (due to dehydration and iirc alpha-1 receptor activation will cause contraction of the internal sphincter), but given that you haven't peed in two days it's time to see a doctor/go to the hospital

Difficulty urinating is a side effect of methamphetamine (due to dehydration and iirc alpha-1 receptor activation will cause contraction of the internal sphincter), but given that you haven't peed in two days it's time to see a doctor/go to the hospital

If the OP could get his hands on some bethanechol that would help... Meth stimulates adrenergic receptors all over your body, including the urethra--prostatic segment especially... causing bladder outlet obstruction.

On the 2nd morning after, I woke up in so much pain that I went and got the catheter, which is still in. I'm going back in a few to see a urologist and fess up the meth use and find out wtf.

Oddly enough, in all my time using meth ive never experienced this..... quite the opposite in fact, several times an hour sometimes

On the 2nd morning after, I woke up in so much pain that I went and got the catheter, which is still in. I'm going back in a few to see a urologist and fess up the meth use and find out wtf.
Glad that you're alright!

If the OP could get his hands on some bethanechol that would help
I don't wanna go too much off topic, but do you think that this'd help a lot? IIrc it'll help with the detrusor muscle as well as the external sphincter, but afaik the internal sphincter is predominantly adrenergic, so contraction should still be a problem

I’ve had this effect before. I don’t use meth frequently. I assume it’s more common in new or irregular users without tolerance.

I’m not sure it’s abnormal but I imagine it’s not good for you.

Its prolly from dehydration, when i was a user (binger, like days and days amd days up and 1 day down user) i found i drank next to NOTHING. Id pour a glass of water and when id go to take a sip there would be a layer of dust on it from sitting so long. Try to find some sort of system to remind and force yourself to take in plenty of fluids. It can be excrusiating to swallow the liquids when you sre reaal tensed and tweaked up, but ive ended up so dehydrated my kidneys bled and when i finally peed it was a horrifying black syrup. Went to the doc and it turned out all it was was dry blood from my kidneys. Drank a bottle of water and was fine.

I had this problem the first 30 days of doing meth. I would get do tweaked out, I would spend literally hours standing in front of the toilet trying to piss. It was so painful
The most I can get was drops out at a time, and never able to clear my bladder. I never even thought of drinking more water as I was scared that I would.be on even more agonozing pain. This only happens particularly with one certain batch

Just to follow up. The urologist didn't say what it was, but my bladder control had returned by the time he took the catheter out, which was a week later when I could get the earliest appointment. The ER bill was just over $2K. I looked into buying a dozen disposable catheters (no bags), but they are prescription only. Urinary tract infection is a big risk with these, so it's important to learn proper sterilization methods.

Dude it’s quite common, just drink tons of water and you’ll dark but plenty over the next 2 days then it’ll be clear again. Hydrate dude!