• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone have experience with dopamine agonists? (Mirapex, requip/ropinirole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
A few things...

I have RLS that can get bad at times, and I've had it for a long time. I just recently found out it was actually treatable. I don't think they're recreational in any way (Correct me if I'm wrong) but apparently they work like a charm for RLS. Has anyone tried one? How did it make you feel? Most prominent side effects?(medical or recreational/attempted recreational use)

Also, would it be okay to take an RLS dopamine agonist at night if I take amphetamine for ADHD (have a script) during the day? I don't know if dopamine releasers and agonists interact at all, but even if they do, would it be okay as long as I took one by day and one at night?

I'm mostly concerned about RLS use here, only reason I'm curious about it's recreational potential is because it affects the dopamine system.

I am prescribed mirapex (1.5g mg tid) or 4.5 a day for PTSD (off label)
I have taken up to 15 mg at once and felt dizzy and nauseous for 6 hours. Not pleasant.
If anyone has contradictory information or a positive recreational experience I would like to hear from you.
I do not suffer from any of the side effects associated with the class action lawsuit.
As a dopamine agonist I cannot see it as having any benefit to sleep. It certainly does not help me sleep.
i also take 60 mg vyvanse a day and feel NO potentiation

I am prescribed mirapex (1.5g mg tid) or 4.5 a day for PTSD (off label)
I have taken up to 15 mg at once and felt dizzy and nauseous for 6 hours. Not pleasant.
If anyone has contradictory information or a positive recreational experience I would like to hear from you.
I do not suffer from any of the side effects associated with the class action lawsuit.
As a dopamine agonist I cannot see it as having any benefit to sleep. It certainly does not help me sleep.
i also take 60 mg vyvanse a day and feel NO potentiation

Didn't you post in the other thread concerning Mirapex asking the same question?...even though no one had used the thread for several years....just like this thread?

Maybe you should have just created your own thread for your inquiries. Maybe not....I'm not 100% sure how things are done around here since things have changed in the past few years.

Anyways....sry I don't have an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.