• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone have experience with DARVOCET for opiate withdrawals?

And damn me for triple posting, I know it sorry folks, but hell OP, I wanted to say, that if you can make it through the day on Immodium and gabapentin, 60 Darvocet should be enough to slide you through, at least the next 6-12 days. Though i'm basing that on the fact that you're habit, at this point, does indeed sound pretty mild.

Like that one guy mentioned, heart problems are a big thing with Darvocet, that's why its off the market, I believe. All I know is the one time I took Darvocet, heart felt fine....nothing like the 1st and last time I tried METHADONE, that stuff is garbage, and I thought I was going to slip into a serious arrhythmia and die, all because I was too much of a pussy to just tough it out.

I noticed nothing of the sort the ONE TIME I tried darvovet maybe 3.5 50mg tabs is what I had, very opiate niave, at THAT time.

But I digress, you probably won't know till you try them. Just try to have someone with you there, incase you have any kind of bad reaction they can send for help.

Good luck kicking, and as for the Heroin, with a habit as mild as you described, this is like a warning shot fired over you're head, youre lucky... but if you go back again...and again...and once more..you're gonna need a lot more than some Darvocet and hydros to save your weekend!!
Godspeed OP

P.S. after reading more, I may have tried Darvon back then or Darvocet-N, but I really don't remember. I'd keep your dose as low as you can, it may just be too weak to provide significant relief, but then again, it may help a lot. Play it easy, as you go.

Thanks for those responses.

I've been using them, usually in the morning as I wake up mildly dopesick. It definitely takes away the WDs, but only for 6-8 hours, and you can't keep dosing throughout the day, too much apap.

So I'm being careful about that, but I will admit that I take up to 5 at a time, albeit not breaching the daily max dosage of 6/day.