• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone have experience tapering off of lamotrigine/other anticonvulsants or VGSC blockers?

Factualist

Bluelighter
I've been taking 200mg daily for the last couple years and at this point I'm ready to stop but I don't want to be thrown back into mania or depression or have a seizure and since I've taken it for so long I'm given to understand the withdrawal could be pretty dangerous in a way vaguely similar to GABAergic withdrawal. I unfortunately can't do it with doctor supervision because I no longer have a GP and don't have the means to get one or get to one for the next few months and I only have 55 200mg tablets left (25 and a refill of 35)

I'm seeing some different schedules online, I was just wondering if anyone else had experience. I'm also tapering off of buproprion but I'm much less worried about that one beyond increased appetite

Not sure about your direct question, however withdrawing by substituting with another anti-seiazure medication can be done safety. Maybe move to something else then step back as it will allow you to step off the drug more gently