• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone HATE ecstasy?

yeah i agree. its pretty shit once you get over that 'honeymoon x-periance' phase, but its still better than drinking.

gazmobile said:
I really think people should just take this drug for what it is.....it's just a fun party drug which allows you to explore a side of yourself for a few hours that you normally wouldn't sober. lets you into a cool place to escape for a little while, that's it. It lets you connect with your friends in a fun, special way....enhances the music, the atmosphere, you can dance your ass off. But we all know at the end of the night, there's a comedown...that's something we should accept w/ it...there are bad sides to this drug so I guess when they outweigh the good stuff, there's no point to it..ecstacy just a great form of escapism for a little while once in a while, all drugs have a bad side, so when used in excess of course that fun is going to diminish...

I liked this statement....i can understand exactly why people may dislike E,
especially when comparing to LSD, but part of the beauty of mdma for me is the subtle effects it provides, the clear headed yet 'on top of the world' feeling...but i'm guessing those who hate it most probably caned it too hard at one stage....mdma is unlike many other drugs, mother mdma
decides when it is your time and that is usually the end, so if it no longer works and the comedown is no longer tolerable.....move on.

Good discussion topic.

I like E. It's fun, great to dance on when there are good beats, can have interesting conversations with other people on E. I like how humanitarian and good willed everyone is when on E, and how I feel about myself and everyone in turn.

I see it as a window into the type of person I want to be like all the time, without being on drugs. Like on LSD or shrooms, I feel E has opened up certain doors in my mind, then closed them again once the drug wears off. But I still know they're there and I can tap into them when I want simply by reliving the experience in my mind.

I've never had a comedown from E (although I felt absolutely terrible once after being very drunk and given half a pill the night before - headache mainly), I put it down to the first time I had an E a friend's sister who was on it with me told me this:

"When the good feeling starts to wear off, just let it go. When you try to hold onto it, that's when you have a bad comedown."

So I do that, it wears off I feel a little disappointed - like a kid on a rollercoaster but the ride is now coming to an end. So I let it go, thankful of the experience i've had, go home, go to sleep and wake feeling better than I have in a while.
It was fun, that's why we take E isn't it? Same with other drugs?

That's my experience with it anyways.

^^ I like your last paragraph Jaek. When the night is over I find its best to accept it, go home, shower, eat, sleep and get back to normal asap. I rarely have more drugs to try to postpone or mask the comedown

I guess after 4 years of medium to light use I must still be on the x honeymoon. A lot of my friends that started after me just went nuts having pills everyweekend then twice everweekend and within 2 years they were jaded and starting conversations like this thread too.

I have pills only 4 or 5 times a year now. about half as much as when I started. I still have a grea time, talk shit to strangers dance and no doubt make an ass of myself too. I am glad that when i started I found a site that I learned about jaded people on. I swore never to become one.

I agree that MDMA *can* be fake, however only with certain people. My friends and I, for the most part we've never regretted anything we've told each other while on MDMA - it's simply been an aid to remove the social barriers that prevent us from saying such heart-to-heart things in everyday life; while straight. It hasn't caused us to say anything that we wouldn't say while straight if we really wanted to. I don't think it's so much fake, as removing the inherent apprehension that we all have towards the world. A quote from "Ecstasy Rising": "Shulgin called it 'window', because he thought this was like looking through a window of the world, at the world the way it really is... that we have covered over by our habits and so on... and as we remove those barriers we see it in utter clarity."

Juvenile said:
^^ I like your last paragraph Jaek. When the night is over I find its best to accept it, go home, shower, eat, sleep and get back to normal asap. I rarely have more drugs to try to postpone or mask the comedown

I guess after 4 years of medium to light use I must still be on the x honeymoon. A lot of my friends that started after me just went nuts having pills everyweekend then twice everweekend and within 2 years they were jaded and starting conversations like this thread too.

I have pills only 4 or 5 times a year now. about half as much as when I started. I still have a grea time, talk shit to strangers dance and no doubt make an ass of myself too. I am glad that when i started I found a site that I learned about jaded people on. I swore never to become one.

Well, I don't feel like i'm 'jaded' in my attitudes to e; I've come to that conclusion after a lot of personal research into the substance. Too many people talk shit when on it, and I have no time for bullshit. It made me frustrated when I would have a pill with someone and talk to them as if they were my brother, only to completely lose that feeling, and almost go backwards, when coming down. I'd rather be straight anyway . . .:)

I see it as a window into the type of person I want to be like all the time, without being on drugs. Like on LSD or shrooms, I feel E has opened up certain doors in my mind, then closed them again once the drug wears off. But I still know they're there and I can tap into them when I want simply by reliving the experience in my mind.

...So true!!