• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone Had Any Experience With Phenylalanine?

I've seen reports of people (mostly high school kids iirc) snorting large quantities of phenylalanine in the past (around 2005 I believe), but I can't imagine it having much of an effect beyond diarrhea. If anyone has seen anything concrete that proves otherwise, I'd love to see it however...

It’s an amino acid that gives a lot of people the shits, runs (diarrhea) if you take it as a supplement. Some people use those supplements as a laxative. Phenylalanine can cause intellectual disabilities, brain damage, seizures and other problems in people with PKU. Phenylalanine occurs naturally in many protein-rich foods, such as milk, eggs and meat.

Why are you asking?

🧙‍♂️

I found a bottle of it in my house that I bought like a hero ago and never used.
I guess it's a bad thing then? Why would it be in health shop, though if it has no benefits? It was DL-Phenylalanine is that makes any difference? Now that you mention it, I'm sure I heard somewhere that it excites brain cells to the point of death?

Why the hell would anyone want to?

"DL-Phenylalanine is a racemic mixture of phenylalanine, an aromatic amino acid with antidepressant, analgesic and appetite suppressant properties. The antidepressant effect of DL-phenylalanine may be accounted for by its precursor role in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine."

^This is why.

all humans have experiences from birth with phenylalanine. it's a neccesary amino acid to make protiens, your body derives it from the protiens you eat

anyone trying to tell you it's a stimulant is lying to you, it is indeed a dopamine precursor but the rate limiting step of dopamine synthesis is conversion of tyrosine to L-DOPA so unless you are defiecent in it, consuming a huge excess will not make any more dopamine