• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anyone forced to go off of Bupe from excessive sweating?

MikeyAllen23

Greenlighter
About 11 days ago i hooked up with my first Sub Dr to try an cut off what was very quickly became a nasty little H habit. The doc prescribed Zubsolv 5.7. And i have to admit its been working out fairly well so far. However ive noticed over the last 11 days even sitting in this chair now that i periodically through out the day sweat like a stuck pig. I'm also finding it not that uncommon to either wake up in the morning or from short naps only to find my head nasty and sweaty. The reason i say that is because ive noticed that basically my forehead is only place this sweat imminates from.
I certainly dont have the balls or the desire to go cold turkey so i wonder if this is just something that comes with the territory. I'm also curious is if anyone has been forced to quit taking bute all together as a result of unrelenting sweats? Thanks guys.

sweating might be a sign that you are still withdrawing slightly or, conversely, that your dose is too high.
have you tried minor reductions/increases? perhaps you haven't quite found your goldilocks zone just yet

but no, i have never heard of anyone having to undergo CT because of hyperhydrosis - and trust me, you think you're sweating now... ha, CT is another story. once woke up from the only 4 hours sleep i got all week in the midst of wd with the bed so sodden with sweat (and it was, just sweat - i checked) that i thought i'd pissed myself. no fun.

I've noticed it somewhat and know of it as a common side effect from methadone too.

Given the right dosage, I don't believe there's a single opioid I've ever consumed that didn't hold the ability to cause me to sweat profusely. Though from recollection, bupe was one of the worst offenders.

Hard to say though whether your sweating is caused by bupe side effects or withdrawals though. Withdrawals can certainly cause sweating, and bupe is only a partial agonist, so difficult to say.

I've never found sweating an unbearable problem though, but if you do, I'm sure there are tons of simple remedies.

How's your quitting going? I see it's been awhile since OP, would like to hear an update- hope things are well OP and keep up the fight!
If there's anything you need in being successful in this endeavor, you know the Bluelight community is behind you, got your back...any questions man, don't be shy!

Good luck!

-PA

Hi
I'm going to echo in part the comments in some others' posts...
I think 5.7 subsolv is equivalent to c8mg subutex, which i believe is on the way towards a middling dose (12-24mg being a high dosage). So if your habit was significant, the dose shouldn't be too high (although I can't state that with any certainty not knowing your situation).
The dose may initially be insufficient to overcome all physical symptoms of opiate withdrawal, hence the sweating.
Facial / head sweats could also be an initial reaction to buprenorphine which will eventually subside after several days. It takes a number of days before levels of the drug build up in your body (and because of the long half life levels will persist for some days after stopping the drug).

I started subutex again last Sunday: for the first few days I experienced withdrawal symptoms (but not cold or hot sweats); and on Wednesday broke into a sweat before feeling complete relief. I'm still sweaty now (mainly my head).

I have a theory that sweating may be due to the fact buprenorphine doesn't affect (suppress) the CNS as completely as heroin does: as well as sweating - being a sign of my central nervous system 'waking up' - I'm experiencing other signs associated with a rebound from the depressive effects of heroin on my nervous and lymphatic system. I'm also pissing a lot more since buprenorphine doesn't cause urinary retention like heroin.

I suggest calling your doctor if sweating is intense and still persists after another week. Hopefully the situation will resolve on its own. Are you drinking alcohol or have stopped after a lengthy period of drinking? This may contribute towards head sweats. As would withdrawal from other drugs such as cocaine.

Last edited: