• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone ever try Intoxicating Mint (Lagochilus Inebrians) or known anything about it?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
One unusual psychoactive herb that I am thinking of ordering and trying is Intoxicating Mint (Lagochilus Inebrians) which is a type of mint that is used to make a tea or sometimes smoked in countries like Uzbekistan and nearby countries.

It is said to be mildly intoxicating but very few people know anything about it.

I read some Erowid reports of a few people trying it and saying it has mild but nice effects.

Here is some info I found on it:

"The effects of the plant have been largely attributed to the diterpene lagochilin. The closely related compounds lagochilin-3-acetate and lagochilin-tetraacetate are also present in the plant and might contribute to the overall effects. This herb also has hypotensive properties (i.e. it lowers blood pressure)."

Now, I don't know what a "diterpene" is but the one major question I had for anyone who does is do you think this stuff could be safely taken with an SSRI?

I'm on Lexapro and so I can't take anything that is an MAOI, an SSRI, or which significantly effects or increases serotonin.

From what little I know it doesn't SEEM like this stuff would be, but I still don't know.

If it's NOT any of those then I assume I could safely take it.

Has anyone on here ever used this stuff?

Anyone else know anything about this or anything about diterpenes?

Thanks

This herb is fun ! and if you take like 1/2 Oz or even 10 grams, it will be few hours of fun, laughin like you smoke hasch and drank enough to enjoy being stupid with a friend or get lazy under the sunshine...The extracts melts perfectly into water and once i had too much in my tea and got an headache after the fun, but it was a great time with all the friends i tried it with...So i do it twice a year to laugh with a good friend, and as i can't drink anymore because of my liver is not accepting alcohols anymore, i find its a great replacement or substitute...But be aware ! The taste is very hard, very bitter, be prepared, hughhh ! :)

This herb is fun ! and if you take like 1/2 Oz or even 10 grams, it will be few hours of fun, laughin like you smoke hasch and drank enough to enjoy being stupid with a friend or get lazy under the sunshine...The extracts melts perfectly into water and once i had too much in my tea and got an headache after the fun, but it was a great time with all the friends i tried it with...So i do it twice a year to laugh with a good friend, and as i can't drink anymore because of my liver is not accepting alcohols anymore, i find its a great replacement or substitute...But be aware ! The taste is very hard, very bitter, be prepared, hughhh ! :)

Do you know if it's safe to take with an SSRI?

Were you on any meds when you took it?

Any other important info I should know about it?