Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent | w01fg4ng
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Hobbies Anyone ever into SCUBA diving?

Atelier3

Bluelighter
I've been thinking about activities I might enjoy as much as getting high on meth and began remembering how much I loved SCUBA diving when I was younger. I was at one stage, as a hobby, an instructor in both recreational and technical diving and spent a few years going around Asia exploring all the WWII ship wrecks. Doing that is possibly the best natural high possible in my book. If it wasn't winter I might be tempted to go have a dive tomorrow or (the day I straighten up). It costs as much as drugs but far less taxing on mind and body.

Anybody want to chat exploring the deep blue sea? Or even better, the joy of shipwrecks...

DopeM

☔ Rain Man ☔
I live near a bunch of shipwrecks and my wife is a scuba instructor

Nitrogen can bend your head just as well as any of that Aussie crank

Last edited:

DopeM

☔ Rain Man ☔
Not only shipwrecks because for me scuba diving isn't about exploring human creation but nature inventions and so this being said, I wanna find out more about Earth's history -- and what better place to do it, rite.
Become a geologist m8

I scuba'd a buncha octopus hideouts in MX
wish scubiGirl & you coulda been there
They have the coolest hide outs and are generally more interesting to watch than most tv I've seen this past decade

Beautiful water down there. Lake Erie might have a couple thousand ship wrecks but who the fuck wants to sink into whatever chemical slim they've been dumping into the great lakes since the steel era...?

Fire&Water

Bluelighter
[QUOTE
They have the coolest hide outs and are generally more interesting to watch than most tv I've seen this past decade [/QUOTE]
I was a about 45 ft down in
PV taking pics of one & it snatched my underwater cam from me
An instructor that was along said he was at the same den a couple mths later and the octo' handed it back to him

I was able to reclaim it a year after the octopus took it from me

Last edited:

w01fg4ng

Moderator: TL, CD
Staff member
My partner enjoys it. I understand Hawaiian people dive without a tank as a food source.

I'd rather be above water and bring the sealife to me instead. 🎣

CFC

Tech Support
i like sitting beside the water on beach with cocktail in hand. so i guess that basically makes me a pro diver of a sort

Atelier3

Bluelighter
I live near a bunch of shipwrecks and my wife is a scuba instructor

Nitrogen can bend your head just as well as any of that Aussie crank
Cool. Have you dived the shipwrecks yourself? I’ve had nitrogen narcosis many times - the most memorable one was being followed by a green turtle that somehow seemed as big as a VW beetle.

Not only shipwrecks because for me scuba diving isn't about exploring human creation but nature inventions and so this being said, I wanna find out more about Earth's history -- and what better place to do it, rite.
Shipwrecks are my thing. They attract so much marine life as artificial reefs. Where I used to dive there was a couple of sunken WWII battleships - about 250m long and between 50 and 80 m deep. We got all trained up on diving mixed gasses to avoid decompression sickness and narcosis and spent months exploring them (and spear fishing the biggest trevally and snapper I’ve ever seen).

There is a whole other side to diving the wrecks as well when you get into their histories and also if you are into underwater photography - they make the most spooky space pictures.

choppa

Bluelighter
The second longest underground river in the world is in southern Indiana. I was a YMCA camp counselor all over the Midwest. I took a group of councilors and junior councilors down that river while it was flooded. Why the hell do people trust me with their lives?