• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Anyone else use tranquilizers to sleep all the time?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I feel like the only way I ever feel happy is if I'm dreaming. Especially the dreams that come from medically forced sleep. I often take things like Trazodone, Anti-psychotics, Sleeping Pills, Benzo's, Barbiturates, Opiates etc and sleep for anywhere up to 27 hours without waking. I'm talking fall-flat-on-your-face-and-can't-get-up doses. I'll do this, be awake for a few hours and then repeat. I know I can't dream my life away but I wish I could just go into a coma until there's a cure for what's pains me. Does anyone else use sleep as an escape?

How are you able to do this without “going missing” ?

And when you finally do get up how long do you stay fatigued for? I take about a week to regulate any sleep, I’ll sleep for nearly a whole week but I can’t do that anymore so I’m forced to be awake somewhat so my naps go unnoticed

I've read that over ~10 hours sleep leaves one more tired due to dehydration and lack of food.

@ChemicallyEnhanced no offense meant, but are you diagnosed with depression? The 'only happy' when dreaming/asleep, and wanting to sleep 27 hours straight, have been ways I've felt perhaps when battling major depression.

I usu take 100mg of Trazodone to sleep even when sober/not in severe depressions, and have needed Seroquel to sleep when I'm I've been all messed up.

And I've just grown accustomed to falling asleep quickly, rather than tossing and turning for an hour or two and waking up groggy.

I've read that over ~10 hours sleep leaves one more tired due to dehydration and lack of food.

@ChemicallyEnhanced no offense meant, but are you diagnosed with depression? The 'only happy' when dreaming/asleep, and wanting to sleep 27 hours straight, have been ways I've felt perhaps when battling major depression.

I usu take 100mg of Trazodone to sleep even when sober/not in severe depressions, and have needed Seroquel to sleep when I'm I've been all messed up.

And I've just grown accustomed to falling asleep quickly, rather than tossing and turning for an hour or two and waking up groggy.

Yeah, I was diagnosed with severe depression with psychotic features (basically the worst depression). I have several other mental illnesses, too.

Sorry for this depressing topic. I'm actually feeling a little better now after a really bad few weeks. I'm on several meds that help and I'd run out.
Looking at my charts, I have

Axis I:
Major Depressive Disorder (Severe, w/ psychosis)
Generalized and Social Anxiety Disorder(s) (Severe)
Schizophrenia

Axis II:
Anorexia Nervosa (Binge/Purge Subtype) (currently in remission)
Polydrug Dependency

Axis III:
Borderline Personality Disorder (Severe, Treatment Resistant)
Anti-Social Personality Disorder (?)
Avoidant Personality Disorder
Dependent Personality DIsorder

Axis IV:
Intermittent Homelessness
Chaotic Lifestyle

Last edited:
Hellll fucking yeah its gotten to the point where ill eat like 3 or 4 trazadone and legit try and stay asleep until i cant lay still anymore. If i didnt have a fulltime job id be eating bars like candy Trying to stay sedated and sleep

The last time was in my first inpatient rehab in Syracuse, NY. The most famous one there. Expensive as shit, private pay.

Anyways they gave us trazadone. I think I might have stopped taking it after the first couple times. If I recall correctly I might even have been giving my roommate my doses.

Yeah, I was diagnosed with severe depression with psychotic features (basically the worst depression).
Yeah that's close to mine. Major Depression, severe, reccurent, with psychosis.

I don't define myself by illnesses, neither psych nor substance dependence.

I have periods where I'm high functioning (even got into a few Ivy League undergrads years ago and still have a few brain cells left), but then periods where I've been utterly incapable of functioning without frequent inpatient stays.

If no more substantial abuse ever, then I be healthy and functional happily ever after.