• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone else manage to survive the rave scene?

I call them "kick ons". They usually involve someones house, a bong, beers, and possibly a couple more lines.

I remember reading someone say once that they didn't like to use the word "kick on", because it's such an optimistic term for what it's actually describing.

Then there's a lot of people who go to the other extreme, and call them "skat days". Which is just too pessimistic a term for me to use personally.

:D

I'm hardly one to pass up a chance to nostalgise.

I miss the excitement that I used to have for going out... I remember how the seconds would tick away so slowly before a big night, being so excited I'd be unable to nod off for a mid-afternoon nanna nap. The pacing and nervousness at the pre-party where everyone would wonder if I was some twitchy psycho about to shoot everyone.

The ones I went to often involved bacardi 161, new uses for light bulbs and blood on the walls on more than one occasion. Not the best atmosphere to be scattered at.

A more gentle environment definitely has its pluses.

muzby said:
i miss the experience of it all being new...

the excitement that built on a friday night, finishing work and knowing that a massive weekend was in store...

the rush on the day before trying to find your goodies...

going to a friends house to pre party....

the countdown till you could go out...

the drive there. oh so fun....

arriving... exploring a new place... (i loved it when every venue was unique.... not overused)...

the fun of meeting randoms and having the typical pill conversations for the first few times (i'm sick of having plurred up conversations now..)

watching the sun come up..

everyone leaving with a simle on their face...

and that being the end of the party.. no post parties, wreckoveries or anything like that....

ahh... i miss those times

what an awesome surprise to see a post from you. welcome back buddy :D

...kytnism...:|

They were great times

I too managed to enjoy these priceless nights.. As an early teen heading out to Every Picture Tells A Story located in massive warehouses somewhere in Laverton. I didnt know what to expect, but this was an experience of a lifetime,
This night was awesome, so many people just letting go and having the time of their lives, I fell in love with the melbourne rave scene that night, and that was the beginning of many raves to come.
It didnt take me long to realise there was a little extra reason everyone was so lovved up ;) Pure flow and all the events at altona sports center War of the Worlds, Oh and the Welcome NYE partys... Words just cant explain some of the emotions felt.

As Kytnism said
("the melbourne rave scene when it first originated was an untouched beauty, one filled with secrecy, love and wonder; where we would retreat on weekends; then went about our jobs, lives etc. for the other 5 days of the week; and pretended it never happened, but would privately smile to ourselves at the amazing connections we had with other like minded people. there was no hatrid or violence. it was an untouched piece of purity available to those in search. beauty at its finest.")

I think they're did become a time where things changed, events got moved into clubs, and the scene went very commercial. I know i missed the late 90s but early 2000 was full of magic.. I dont know whether it was the style of music changing, the drugs changing, or just myself changing, and it was time to move on, but i wont forget the wonderful experiences

^that post bought the biggest smile to my face. hai stranger ;)

...kytnism...:|