• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone else find early amphetamines (First time taking adderall, etc.) like an opiate

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Was that the allure of amphetamines with no tolerance? The fact that they actually feel like an opiod in the beginning masked with full awareness?

No, but at times I would only sleep well if I had taken my dose. That's when I saw how troubled that was.
I was using both back then, but I could see that that was not happening because of my usual opiates routine.

Well, yes and no. I will say this. The first time I railed an Adderall 20mg, from my first script... I was blown away, with that same kind of "where the fuck has this been all my life!" feeling when I did one, as I got from the first time I sniffed an oxy 30 ir.. Which gave me a very similar type of euphoria! The only difference is the oxy, was much more sedating that first time I did it, and became almost somewhat stimulating and sedating at the same time, when I became an everyday user years ago, and of course became less and less intense euphoria wise, as time progressed.. since then I have stopped using oxy though.. Adderall, on the other hand, I still use daily as I am prescribed it, and yes it did, at first, give me that breath taking feeling, like "WOW!" the same as oxy, but with the stimulated feeling it gives after the rush... So they are similar in some ways, but also very different in others..

I do kind of get what your talking about OP.. That euphoria they both give, is incredible.

This is why I think something makes amps feel shitty and it's an atypical opiate based receptor morseo than dopamine. Because you can smoke crack and get a big stimulant Rush long after Adderall has stopped working but there's something Endprohin related only found in regular amphetamine that's the fastest thing you grow tolerant to.

https://medicalgasresearch.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13618-014-0021-z

Amp effects Mu-opioid.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/704753/

Amp effects substance P

I honestly think most of it is based on tolerance levels and what you have used in the past... I have a script for 30mg Adderall and I don't get any euphoric feeling at all?!?! In all honesty, I could take 3-5 & go to sleep!! Maybe I have a high tolerance or maybe it's bc I truly have ADHD & the meds are working like they're supposed to?? IDK?!?! I do know I have a Huge tolerance when it comes to Opiates!! Scripts for Oxy&Fent patches for some time now, they hardly even phase me anymore, it's kinda sad really... I don't want to be at this point& I've started using less&less of the Opiates~I do have significant chronic pain due to an autoimmune disease so u could say I'm stuck between a rock&a hard place!! But I can't say I've ever felt euphoric after taking multiple Adderall tabs@30mg ea I just feel more normal, so-to-speak!!

If your new to Adderall, it can make you feel great.

If your new, you don't need a high dose. 60mg will have you jacked.

I have to find the pub med article, but the dopamine has something to do with the painkilling effects.

Yeah but we know we grow tolerant to the med in parts.

It goes something like

1. Empathetic light as wind pain killing effect the first 1-2 times then that fades.

2. Glutamate related receptors stop "liking" interacting with the keyboard and looking at stuff you don't normally care about. (Phase lasts a month then goes away)

3. Dopamine in the frontal cortex responsible for Sedating you and keeping you "content" are the last of the good parts to go, also what treats ADHD as the meds meat and bones. This doesn't really go away but gets more and more nullified until your left with

4. No more endorphin effect, don't like doing things on it you don't want to do, and the dopamine sedation is hardly easy to keep with only chasing a "rush" to calm down briefly for the amp "fix".

That's it mane for Regular amphetamine I believe.

I've never had a script, barely use them and when I do I don't re-dose, go on binges anything and I've never gotten euphoria from amps on their own and it certainly never felt like an opioid but I do get the other amp effects. I do remember getting a euphoric high from ephedra back in the 90's but now not even the mighty meth will get me high.

you you have a bit of add/adhd imo. if you fall asleep afterward and become silent until the withdrawl (t+6-8h...) then sped up, then you probably have a form of ADD take care.

-jeah

I get what you mean. Of course opiates are sedating and amphetamines are stimulating, but they give a similar head rush for me. And the feeling of them in my body, a kind of rippling feeling up my skin and a warmth in my chest, is very similar. Good stuff. Good stuff.

Adderall tolerance is a bitch, though. I just railed a 20 mixed with a pinch of oxy and I barely feel anything :|. That first time high, though: It's a beautiful thing.

Yeah, I had the exact same experience, but only a few times when my tolerance was absurdly low. It's slightly unsurprising that some people might get this with certain amphetamines like Adderall. I don't pretend to be a chemist and I recommend no pretends I am, but Adderall has 25% l-amphetamine, and 75% d-amphetamine. While d-amphetamine acts sort of like a mental awareness booster (kind of like d-methamphetamine), l-amphetamine does the equivalent- except physically- on your body.

Dopamine is the missing commonality

Was that the allure of amphetamines with no tolerance? The fact that they actually feel like an opiod in the beginning masked with full awareness?

Can't directly address the majority of responses here, but I personally found that pretty big doses (20+ mg... purity was high as I knew the chemist and the product was certainly "glass" quality) of methamphetamine and opiates feel surprisingly similar except for the stimulation/sedation. This is hardly surprising. Both cause lots of dopamine release, which is a big part of the chemical basis of the allure of all these drugs of abuse.

There are definite similarities. Both drugs release dopamine, the reward chemical. Beyond that it's pretty different though.

Adderall gives me a strange effect: simultaneous stimulation and relaxation. Like my eyes wanna roll back in my head. MDMA has this effect but much stronger. Opiates--especially oxycodone--are highly stimulating to me. Practically speedy. I think they trigger hypomania but that's neither here nor there. So yeah, similar in a few key ways. Stims and opiates are my drugs of choice, btw. <3

The key similarity, as others have mentioned, is that both classes of drugs activate the dopamine and enkephalin reward circuits. I discovered this very early into my drug career, as soon as I had tried both and realized that the strong stimulants and opiates alike were extremely effective in eliminating my crippling social anxiety issues that led me to drugs in the first place*, whereas alcohol, pot, and benzos didn't help at all. Ultimately I settled on opiates with amphetamines and coke reserved for the once in a while hardcore party mode, as the side effects from daily use and the subsequent tolerance became increasingly severe, since opiates provided the same relief from social anxiety the stimulants did.

* - It's very atypical for social anxiety issues to manifest from problems with the dopamine and reward systems; I had an issue where I just couldn't talk in a social setting. I really wanted to be at social events, always said yes when invited somewhere, and could easily talk about a very specific topic... but a normal casual conversation? I was paralyzed. So I'd be there but would be silent, which really creeped people out. I also had some other comorbid issues like Asperger's and ADHD-I (inattentive subtype, stimulants feel relaxing to me even though I have no hyperactive symptoms) which are also heavily influenced by problems in the dopamine system. Both opiates and stimulants alike completely ended my inability to have a casual conversation, finally allowing me to make friends and date, and substantially reduced symptoms of my other issues. Alcohol, pot, and benzos all little to no effect on that system so it also made total sense when they didn't help at all (pot) or actually made it worse (alcohol and benzos; anxiety/infinite loop over fear of saying something embarassing because I was imparied).

Yeah and that's the thing, Opiates vs Dexedrine what is better for this in sustainability. I think opiates being a natural plant are better on the brain and have consistent anti social anxiety effects without being taxing.

Benzos make my social anxiety and general anxiety unchanged but help my ADHD oddly enough/hyperactivity.

I disagree. Opiates make me feel happy and relaxed, while amphetamines (and most stims) make me feel on edge, anxious, sometimes paranoid and generally awful.