• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anyone else doesn't like synthetic drugs?

burn out

Bluelighter
So over the years of doing drugs I have come to find that I don't like the man made ones nearly as much as the natural ones. I am not saying all synthetic drugs are bad, but the rule seems to be that the closer they are to natural ones the better they feel. For example, hydrocodone is semi synthetic but it feels pretty good and natural although not as good as heroin/morphine.

Now compare that with suboxone, i just cant enjoy it. Not because of tolerance, I can get high off of suboxone just fine as my tolerance is relaly low. Fentynal also, But the high just feels icky to me. It doesn't feel right. Same thing with , fentanyl, ketamine and benzos, they just dont feel right compared with natural herbs like kava and valerian.

Another example of a good synthetic drug like LSD, its actually really close in structure and effect to natural drugs.

An appeal to nature is an argument or rhetorical tactic in which it is proposed that "a thing is good because it is 'natural', or bad because it is 'unnatural'".[1] It is usually an invalid argument, because the implicit (unstated) primary premise "What is natural is good" typically is irrelevant, having no cogent meaning in practice, or is an opinion instead of a fact. In some philosophical frameworks where natural and good are clearly defined in a specific context, the appeal to nature might be valid and cogent.

- wiki

You can say out of drugs you've tried you mostly like the natural ones, but so what? I understand you aren't against man made drugs but making the distinction is pointless, especially if you like some synthetics and some naturals.

Drugs are good or bad based on their own method of action and effect profile not because they are grown next to the posies in your yard or made in a sterile laboratory with hazardous chemicals.

What about synthetic morphine, DMT, mescaline, etc. The natural vs synthetic arguments gone on a long time. The only difference is natural random variation vs synthetic pure and anything beyond that is pure placebo

I HAVE TO AGREE with the op i much prefer the natural drugs to man made all day. methadone and subs have no euphoria same asa fent. morphine heroin oxy which are semi ish synthetic but made FROM natural chems just tweaked lets say are much more euphoric and a more pleasurable high. most man made drugs feel a bit dirty amphet, fents, and so on. can morphine be made in a lab fully synthetic, i never knew that. it is a tricky subject tho.

What about synthetic morphine, DMT, mescaline, etc. The natural vs synthetic arguments gone on a long time. The only difference is natural random variation vs synthetic pure and anything beyond that is pure placebo

That's your opinion and I respectfully disagree. The fact that we can create mescaline in a lab isn't the point. We're simply copying nature when we do that, just like we copy nature when we cultivate carrots in a field. They're not completely "natural" but they're still way closer to nature than cheetos and which is healthier?

Besides I am only speaking from experience, I am not trying to make any grandiose claims.

Comparing carrots to Cheetos asking which is healthier does not make any sense in explaining the difference in synthetic drugs and natural.

I explained the difference is naturally things come in variation (like opium, hash, or various psychedelic brews) while synthetic is controlled being s standardized formulation like pure morphine/codeine even if blended with a collection of other opiods in attempt to make an opiate blend. There's no difference though in morphine produced by a poppy plant, modified yeast, or through synthesis via thebaine conversion.... Morphine is morphine just as any drug is any drug. Any other argument of difference is placebo.

methadone and subs have no euphoria same asa fent. morphine heroin oxy which are semi ish synthetic but made FROM natural chems just tweaked lets say are much more euphoric and a more pleasurable high.

Subs (buprenorphine) and Oxycodone are both made semi-synthetically from the same natural precursor, Thebaine.

I see absolutely no difference between the two. Plants "biosynthesize" compounds and in a sense chemists do the same just not internally. Perhaps its because chemistry and myself have a very long relationship but unfortunately I can not distinguish between the two chemists simply do the work of nature in a controlled environment in an attempt to understand the physical world. Their discoveries are just a representation of what nature already does behind the scenes, you just dont view it the way I do.

It would be harm reduction to tell someone to IV the pure synthetic version of DMT rather than attempt to IV the plant extracted DMT version because of the fats and what not from the plants doing more harm than good in the case of IV.

There is a difference, however neither is more safe for ALL scenarios. That's ludicrous.

It would be harm reduction to tell someone to IV the pure synthetic version of DMT rather than attempt to IV the plant extracted DMT version because of the fats and what not from the plants doing more harm than good in the case of IV.

Depends on the skill of the person extracting it. If you took the time on it you could get an extract to 99% purity, your argument is kind of flawed in that you still have to do a purification step after the synthesis or youll end up with residual contamination. Either way you can get the substance to 99% through isolation and purification. Also depending on the process some plant material might be better then say residual red phosphorus and iodine just to name something common. I would never recommend injecting anything thats not pure but i am just saying it applies to both synthetic and naturally derived.

lol who has pure DMT from a plant? science is amazing and all but let's be real about what people are ACTUALLY using.

Seriously Wolfgang? Not only do people make pretty pure DMT fumrate easily. No one would attempt to IV a plant product... It's like the idea one would inject raw or even filtered opium, which no one should try for the same reasons as injecting extracted DMT.

lol who has pure DMT from a plant? science is amazing and all but let's be real about what people are ACTUALLY using.

I dont even know how to reply to your argument. The recrystallization step for DMT freebase is rather simple, you can get to 99% purity with that step. Have you looked at some of the extracted white needle crystals people have gotten? There literally is no difference after isolation and purification, this is why people use use plants they are often cheaper and easier to work with and you can obtain the same thing.

I'm the opposite, I feel that synthetic or semi synthetic opioids produce greater feelings of pleasure and/or pain killing properties.

Oxycodone/Oxymorphone/Fentanyl/Methadone > Morphine/Heroin/Opium

IMO

For IV use? That's fucking crazy bro

What do you think people in inject cocaine are injecting, that is literally not affordable to do a complete synthesis on so its derived 100% from plants. So when people inject cocaine they are injecting plant extract, also plant extract from some jungle lab. So whats the difference if someone uses glass chemistry equipment in their home in what is assumed to be a much more controlled environment?

This will be my last comment on the subject as its varying off the designated topic, still somewhat on topic but after that I'll concede as its a stalemate :)

True that on the cocaine... Plus most stateside IV users are getting super cut coke... Or crack resalted with citric/absorbic acid to make it water soluble.... Much worse than black tar heroin probably

And if you could easily make pure synthetic coke at home you probably would, proving my point once again.

Would I?

Edit: I'll elaborate the cocoa plant is considered in high regard by the Incas where as I was told only females who have not received a period could touch and work with the plant as they were considered pure... That I can believe, but still needs fact checking in my eye.

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/coca-and-the-sacred-plants-of-the-incas-shamanism-of-the-andes

This does prove their high regard.

Plus if people are shooting coke what about salted DMT? Of course this should only be done with a micron filter. Also only after an allergy test injecting the tiniest amount (like 1-3 ng most) under the skin in a 5-10 unit (0.05-0.1 ml) solution as well as using citric acid or absorbic acid as one would on freebase cocaine to make it water soluble.

Personally I have yet to try it as of course it is IV DMT.

Last edited: