• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anyone eaten AMT? Anything like DMT?

Returning to this thread to say that mephedrone is better than methylone but they're both great. Always wish I'd tried butylone. Both methylone and meph were euphoric, but methylone reminded me more of mdma. Mephedrones own individual, heady, bingey, blissful energy just doesn't come across in methylone

Also a good visual dose of amt is 100mg. Did around 220mg once which was terrifying for a while as the trip devolved into an overdose fear for hours whilst the world literally melted into random clay-scapes around me. But the second half was extremely powerful and beautiful. I'm going to stress again, I'm an experienced psychedelic user and the visuals were really fucking awesome. Anyone who says AMT is gentle or has no psychedelic power has just been too stingy on dose.

220 mg is bordering on insanity with something like AMT . remember it has some MAOI properties and you should always proceed with caution with this thing, i find the bodyload outweighs the positives at a certain point. What the hell was the comeup like from 220mg? id be puking and probably calling A+E 2 hours in !

220mg of AMT is well beyond the full MAO inhibition dose (150mg IIRC creates full inhibition and it becomes quite dangerous at that level because it is also a strong triple releaser, and it is a particularly strong serotonin releaser). As yo7u may know, combining MAOIs and serotonin releasers is extremely dangerous as it can easily lead to serotonin syndrome which can be fatal. People have died from less than 220mg of AMT. Please be careful...

For me, after 60mg of AMT (freebase, or after 85mg of succinate), the side effects become greater and start to outweigh the positives of AMT. My favorite dose these days is 50m,g of freebase, or about 75-80mg of succinate. This provides a very strong rolling-style experience, reminiscient of a more psychedelic MDA. It's very strong but lovely at that dose.

That 4-MMC shit, the one drug that while available will alway's be a mystery, to me.

Methylone is def a sort of mild MDMA. But Mephedrone is it akin to Cocaine or Meth-Cathinone or do you consider it a unique feeling?

About the aMT, which my body kindly reject's in the experience's i had. Afaik 100 mg was the place where a good dosage goes. never crossed the 80 mg mark due to that physical reaction. But it is rumored as being so great so i alway's thought there was something wrong in the setting, my personal circumstances. Not so much the set, aMT.

So as there is still plenty left one of these day's i ll give it a try probably. Lower dosage's seem annoying so if i do i would opt for a heavy dose. Above 80, maybe vape some along the way. What you reckon, purely hypothetical speaking?
Discounting the risk of a bad trip, I can easily withstand 12 hours of feeling not so good. But it would cure my curiosity about this substance even if it would turn out bothersome. Can handle that might it be the case.
To be honest mephedrone was always pretty unique for me. It was like all of the euphoria and empathy of MDMA (and I mean all of it) but with all of the stimulation, focus and energy of good cocaine combined, but still the actual feeling is very unique. It was messy but it never felt messy/munted in the way MDMA does for me.

to this day I've still never used something that has made me feel so "perfect" as 4mmc. Not the first time i shot heroin or the first time i did MDMA. No other stim, opiate or sedative has come close. The only honourable exception is some occasions on psychedelics because obviously all euphoria bets are off in the right trip but that's a different ballgame.

Needless to say the addiction potential is unreal and once I started IVing it (Jesus christ that rush) there was no coming back. Managed to kick all IV drugs several years ago (and mephedrone entirely) but god do I still dream of mephedrone at least twice daily, the biggest love affair I've ever had with a drug. Id recommend if you haven't tried it then don't, because nowadays quality will be questionable and if it is very pure then you're in a whole different kind of trouble

Just for harm reduction btw I recognise that 220mg of aMT is an absurd dose and advise absolutely nobody to do it. Am well aware of the MAOI properties, trust me I wouldn't even eat chocolate on aMT let alone take serotonin influencing drugs

To be honest mephedrone was always pretty unique for me. It was like all of the euphoria and empathy of MDMA (and I mean all of it) but with all of the stimulation, focus and energy of good cocaine combined, but still the actual feeling is very unique. It was messy but it never felt messy/munted in the way MDMA does for me.

to this day I've still never used something that has made me feel so "perfect" as 4mmc. Not the first time i shot heroin or the first time i did MDMA. No other stim, opiate or sedative has come close. The only honourable exception is some occasions on psychedelics because obviously all euphoria bets are off in the right trip but that's a different ballgame.

Needless to say the addiction potential is unreal and once I started IVing it (Jesus christ that rush) there was no coming back. Managed to kick all IV drugs several years ago (and mephedrone entirely) but god do I still dream of mephedrone at least twice daily, the biggest love affair I've ever had with a drug. Id recommend if you haven't tried it then don't, because nowadays quality will be questionable and if it is very pure then you're in a whole different kind of trouble

Just for harm reduction btw I recognise that 220mg of aMT is an absurd dose and advise absolutely nobody to do it. Am well aware of the MAOI properties, trust me I wouldn't even eat chocolate on aMT let alone take serotonin influencing drugs
Glad for my decision as my nature, fiending stimulant's and fondness of MDMA like emphatogen's would or could have been disastrous. 6-APB lacked the day's after effects but its so monging its almost equal to E. While methylone was relaxing but just mongy enough, not impairing mongy.

Cathinone, the most active substance in fresh Khat leaves is good to, a sloppy stimulant high unique when compared to Amphetamine's and Phenidates or Coke.

Methylone felt the gap between Cathinone's and the PhenethylAmine 3.4-Methylene-Dioxy-Meth-Amphetamine and was in the end actually better tolerable then XTC at my age. With the obligation's of living without a Tuesday dip.

I also liked the smoothness and lack of sleep disturbance's of bk-MDMA. Like a business man roll.

Since AMT is a serotonin releaser itself, doses where full MAO inhibition is reached (I think 150mg+ if I recall correctly) can cause serotonin syndrome on their own without adding anything else.

It is worth noting how much of an effect substitutions have on the effects of AMT though. 5-MEO-AMT is fully psychedelic, albeit in a fashion more similar to a very dissociated LSD with a high chance of getting a mild but noticeable headache towards the end. It was occasionally a blotter adulterant in the early 2000's. I took it a handful of times intentionally and not. If you look at the extensions and commentary section of TIHKAL's AMT section (written a-MT) he mentions this and the 4-HO analog. The latter had some troubling side effects noted.
5 MeO AMT was horribly but yet still I tried it atleast a few dozen times!!! Interestingly something about it I liked... Maybe I even enjoyed the unpleasant body load because I say it was terrible and can list all the negatives but yet my experiences with it were all positive? Hmmmm

I wonder if those plonkers who ran the early research chem places are out of jail yet.
Pondman got life I think? RAC both of them got some serious numbers... Operation web trypt!!!! Crazy how time flys!

Yeah AMT is tied for my favorite festival drug, the other favorite is DOC. With AMT, I want to talk to everyone, and like you said, there is no desire to redose. I can take AMT and spend a whole day and night in a slightly trippy/rolly space, with no amount of social anxiety that can come from other psychedelics, when meeting a bunch of new people and being in crowds.
aMT is definitely a good psychedelic/entactogen!!! It was one of the very first RC's(I hate that term btw because they are just other psychedelic windows to open) I tried. It went for the tryptamines... 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, aMT, and then its 5-MeO cousin followed by almost all of Tihkal!!!

5 MeO AMT was horribly but yet still I tried it atleast a few dozen times!!! Interestingly something about it I liked... Maybe I even enjoyed the unpleasant body load because I say it was terrible and can list all the negatives but yet my experiences with it were all positive? Hmmmm

I liked it too, but it was love/hate. The bodyload is bad, but it actually is a powerful and interesting psychedelic that has the capacity for great euphoria and really wild visuals. It is not very much like AMT at all though. 5-Cl-AMT on the other hand is similar to AMT, and not 5-MeO-AMT.

I liked it too, but it was love/hate. The bodyload is bad, but it actually is a powerful and interesting psychedelic that has the capacity for great euphoria and really wild visuals. It is not very much like AMT at all though. 5-Cl-AMT on the other hand is similar to AMT, and not 5-MeO-AMT.
5-cl-aMT huh?

I gotta try this compound then or atleast I will throw it on my todo list( that list is longer then my done list which is pretty incredible considering the size of that list!!!)

It's alright but AMT is better. 5-Cl_AMT is about twice as potent an MAOI as AMT, but is a pure SERT/DA releaser, without the NE portion that AMT has, so it is a lot smoother. But also seems to be missing something, it is not as good as AMT. But nice. Much lighter. However, proceed with extreme caution as the MAOI properties are concerning and it has very few reports or anything else for it.