• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone able to use tramadol without using 24/7?

You feel tramadol as much as I feel morphine. Lots of people say they dont get much from codeine & morphine but I always get the most from them. Tramadol on the other hand isnt as strong obviously but after using it for several months, I gotta mix it with hydrocodone to get a good feel.

Won't touch this stuff again. I had a script for 2x 300mg tramadol daily. It didn't do fuck all to relieve my pain, snorting it burned so bad i was convinced i was snorting glass and metal filings. During a prescription change after about 3-4 weeks, my doctor told me i had to stop taking the tramadol for 48 hours before taking the new stuff (which also didnt work). Yes thats right, my DOCTOR (albeit I hardly believe his degree was real, ive since ditched him) told me to abruptly stop 600mg tramadol a day after about a month. It was terrible and since then I refuse to EVER ingest an opiate drug in any way, shape, or form.

TL;DR:
Imo tramadol aint worth it one bit, but the only way I can get a slight opiate buzz is 8mg hydromorphone insufflated no tolerance, so opinion is biased.

Won't touch this stuff again. I had a script for 2x 300mg tramadol daily. It didn't do fuck all to relieve my pain, snorting it burned so bad i was convinced i was snorting glass and metal filings. During a prescription change after about 3-4 weeks, my doctor told me i had to stop taking the tramadol for 48 hours before taking the new stuff (which also didnt work). Yes thats right, my DOCTOR (albeit I hardly believe his degree was real, ive since ditched him) told me to abruptly stop 600mg tramadol a day after about a month. It was terrible and since then I refuse to EVER ingest an opiate drug in any way, shape, or form.

TL;DR:
Imo tramadol aint worth it one bit, but the only way I can get a slight opiate buzz is 8mg hydromorphone insufflated no tolerance, so opinion is biased.

Im surprised your doctor prescribed 600mgs of Tramadol a day, thats way over the seizure dose.

The maximum prescribed dose is 400mg IR pills, 300mg ER pills, or 600mg parental.

If you were taking 300mg ER then ya, those suck, they don't last the full 24 hours, and you don't get the blood concentration high enough for it to work well. ER sucks. IR is better. Keep in mind that I don't get high from it and just use it medicinally. I could take 200mg of this IR and not get a single feeling from it; however, it could be due to the fact that I've been on this shit for 8 months now.

Tramadol is a nasty drug. It's an SSRI too, which is strange. I use to take 100 - 200mg to get a nice warm feeling, but eventually you get sick of them. They give nasty withdrawals too, and because their SSRI's they make you feel depressed the following days after a binge.

Actually, they have an SNRI function to them. The norepinephrine activity is just small. If I were to come off the Tramadols abruptly and start on vicodin would I still have a withdrawal (as I said before, been on 300-400mg daily for about 8 months)?

Imo tramadol is amazing, definitely one of my favourite drugs. mood lift, slight euphoria, energy, increased sociability and i can still think/study/work if i need to. If i have a lot i'll usually binge, but i can stretch it out as well (lower doses, not time spacing).

Incredibly addictive unfortunately :(

I've been a tramadol addict for 5 years. I'm one of those people who gets off on tramadol almost as much as OCs, and with a major mood boost and energy to work at mundane tasks. I have friends who feel practically nothing from them, non-opiate users too with no tolerance... I consider my special affinity for it a gift and a curse.

I went off for 6 months... went straight into a lethargic depression after acute WDs wore off. For a while I attributed it to PAWs, but then I came to accept this is how I am now.

A month ago I gave in... not not wanting to become addicted again, and especially wanting to enjoy sex with my girlfriend (trams kill my libido, making erections hard to sustain, and orgasms almost out of reach) and started using for one day on (just 150mgs), then for days off. This seems to be enough, and I use it to get tons of work done on my on days with no withdrawals or tolerance.

I only wish to keep this up. Has anyone here been able to do something similar? Either sporadic use or spreading your use apart? Thanks so much.

Wow, I had to double check this was not written by me. I have the exact problem and the exact symptoms. I take Tramadol both for recreational use (it gives me pleasure when I reach high doses), and as an anti depressant thanks to the SSRI properties (I am a very lonely and "logic" person).
I usually take 500mg per day, I begin building up the dose at work with intervals of half an hour or an hour, when I surpass the 300mg threshold I start taking some Clonazepam to prevent seizures too; at that point I try to finish work or already be at home.

It's a drug I can daily afford, helps me with my job, helps me with my social life (which only includes my workmates and some family), and gives me the daily fix to go on.
Something more powerful (Hydrocodone for example) would destroy my life, something less harmful (Lexapro?) wouldn't give me the fix I want.

That said, I would take any advise or recommendation.

I know this thread is old, but as a fellow tramadol 'addict', I have a couple of observations to add-

Tramadol is not as 'addictive' as oxycodone or heroin or any of the strong, mu-acting opiods. It doesn't induce the overwhelming euphoria or full body relaxation that they can, and therefore doesn't induce the insane cravings either.

It is addictive in it's own right, though. Personally, I love it in the morning and early afternoon to wake me up and keep me motivated and working hard at my job.

It also has it's own nasty little withdrawal; a combination of typical opiod withdrawal and SNRI withdrawal. Typical opiod symptoms, plus brain zaps, depression, mood swings, jitters and twitches. It's not nearly as bad as withdrawal from a bad dope habit (been there, done that, got the t-shirt), but it sucks in it's own right.

Tramadol is great for depression, but after a long period of time, it simply stops working. Tolerance builds slowly to it, but eventually, after a long period of daily use, it stops giving the mood lift and stops giving the energy that you take it for. Higher doses don't work, the magic just stops. That's when you try to drop it and discover it's nasty little withdrawal syndrome.

I still think that tramadol has a place in a real 'better living through chemistry' type of life style, it just has to be respected. It's certainly not as dangerous to use daily as dope or full-blown opiods.