• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anybody Try Bunavail?

KillaMike

Greenlighter
My doctor just put me on Bunavail and so far I love it! They don't taste like shit and you can talk and smoke while they are in your mouth. They go on the inside of your cheek and absorb right through. You barely taste a thing. I also feel they are just as effective as Suboxone films. Have any of you guys tried them? Do you want to try them? What was your experience?

Hey KillaMike,

I've been on them'bout 5 months now, and like them much better than Sub's. Same effect and all for me, I can't notice any difference. I'm on about 2 per day but usually go up and down with that dose, etc... I've even tried some variation with under the tongue, but don't get the same effect from that. The cheek seems to be the best combination for these :) Peace, Fizo Jizo

Hello! I had been using the generic buprenorphine and I was snorting them about 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening. I didn't have them legally so when I got in a legit program I was put on 1 6.3mg cut in half. Half in the morning and half at night. So far they are very good as far as the strength goes. They feel stronger than what I was using. After about 15 minutes all that remains is the backing material.The gummy film left in your mouth after 15 minutes is a inert material that prevents the bupe from being released into the rest of your mouth. I just wait about 15 minutes and scrape the film off my cheek with a napkins. The only drawback is it's the most expensive bupe product out there. About $17 each.

They take a lot longer to kick in, and as the naloxone, is out competed to the mu-opioid receptor anyway, I figured the different ratio, would be less naloxone, because if 4.2/0.7mgs is equal to an 8/2mg suboxone film. Then obviously 4.2 from 8, has a difference of 3.8mgs, which is over half left still of what it originally was in the suboxone. Where as the naloxone is less than half of its original dose its 0.7mgs from 2mgs. So unless naloxone bioavailability is higher than buprenorphine buccally, then I could see why. I fined the bunavail to dissolve frustratingly slow, but I think that is part of its design, its is double layered, to hold the medicine against the buccal glands, while it fully dissolves, and there is left over gunk from the extra layer, that you can either swallow or spit out, after about 1hr 30mins, which how long bunavail dissolves from me. Personally I like subocone better, it has a much more rapid release, and dissolves quickly, and fully. The suboxone has a horrible orange taste, that if you've been taking them as long as me, you don't even taste them anymore, However the bunavail has a great fruit taste, its almost like a fruit role up flavor. So there are pros and cons, but personally I'd stick with the suboxone, though I have found the bunavail brand to be cheaper.
-MystickChemistrick33