Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Great European crime shows

i just finishe watching the first two seasons. it was good, but i dont get why the actors are crying all the time.

i just finished season 1, and started season 2, of unforgotten.

it's a pretty slow burn but still dramatic. really enjoying it.

alasdair

there are some good french movies, have to look which ones. but in europe you have to watch out for much trash. true detective 3rd season was bad, too otoh-

Can't believe no one has mentioned Gomorrah, from the same journalist who wrote the book on the Camorra, made a film and then they did a tv series. It was fantastic. Made The Sopranos look like a bunch of pussies and was all filmed in and around Napoli. Mostly based on true events/people too.

I've been watching Astrid et Raphaëlle (Astrid: Murder in Paris), it's good when you've a bit of spare time to fill.

Synopsis:

Astrid et Raphaëlle, aired in the United Kingdom as Astrid: Murder in Paris and in the United States simply as Astrid, is a Franco-Belgian detective television series, created by Alexandre de Seguins and Laurent Burtin and broadcast beginning April 12, 2019, on France 2.

It features a duo of policewomen: Major Raphaëlle Coste, an impulsive police detective played by Lola Dewaere, and autistic archivist Astrid Nielsen, played by Sara Mortensen.

As the series begins, 30-year-old Astrid Nielsen is an autistic woman who works discreetly as an archivist for the judicial police and knows every case she has handled. She meets Raphaëlle Coste, then in charge of an investigation into the suicides of doctors. The two solitary women help each other, Astrid offering Raphaëlle a methodology and Raphaëlle offering Astrid behavioral help in return.

Here's a list of shows we're watching right now :

A Touch of Frost (1992) S11 - haven't started
Aranyelet (2015) S02 - haven't started
Astrid Et Raphaelle (2019) S03 - haven't started
Babylon Berlin (2017) S04 - excellent
By Any Means (2013) S01 - excellent
Crime (2021) S01 - quit
Grace (2021) S03 - excellent
Hotel Babylon (2006) S01-4 - quit
Minder S09-11 - quit
New Tricks (2003) S12 - good
Payback (2023) S01 - excellent