• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any younger people that have gotten scripted Ambien?

i'm 20 and had a script for it. Its garbage imo, i literally never slept on it, when i would take it it would keep me awake all night. I also have a 4mg a day of kpin script, nice doc.

rat tat tat tat said:
I'm 18 and I'm on Ambien.

Woopy dee fucking doo tho it sucks when you're completely reliant on it to sleep.

^^^Ambien was invented to fuck you up and make you hallucinate NOT sleep....god dont you people know anything8)

It's all about the doctor. Some are all high and mighty bitches, some are giving pills out (and probly taking them too) like candy, and many find a happy medium.

My "friend" 20 and has been prescribed ambien & restoril for sleep, xanx, dextroamphetamine, and ultram (arthritis)

now trying to get anything stronger than ultram is almost impossible

I have had the most luck with with the RN rather than the actual doctor

I unapproved a post. I don't like the way this thread is shifting gears. This thread isn't about telling your doctor what to say to get a prescription for ambien. Just be honest.

I'm 17 on 30 mgs temazepam at night, and 1.5 mg clonazepam aswell during the day for panic disorder, I had to go through everything from zopiclone to melatonin for the temazepam, it took over a year to get, almost 2 years, same with the clonazepam, I went through every single ssri on the market here before he'd give me a benzo for anxiety

I got a script when I was 15. Do I win?

It was my psych's first choice to treat my insomania btw.

I'm 17 and I've been prescribed 10 mgs of Ambien a night. I get them from my psychiatrist because some of my sleep problems I've been put on over the past year. I was given Sonata originally but my parents found out i was popping the capsules open and snorting them. I got put on Lunesta and eventually Ambien. My doctor made me try OTC stuff like benadryl and changing my diet to help me sleep but that didn't work so I got my Ambien and it works.

Last edited:
My post wasnt saying how to get a script from a docter I was saying you should try all the otc meds before getting ambien such as unisom Ex Pm
etc sorry you thought it came off that way but thats what i was trying to say. Ambien really isnt a good sleep med in my opinion anyway it just keeps you asleep when you fall asleep but it really doesnt help you getting there.

I got it at the age of 14 in 10 mg tabs, at 16, It was raised to 20mg each night...now its 20-30mg each night of ambien and Im only 18...

I have Insomnia/Depression/Social Anxiety.

I was prescribed Ambien from age 17 for a year or two. For a while it served its purpose quite well, but then it lost its effectiveness. Taking a long long several month break didn't even help.

You'll likely get prescribed something else first. If it doesn't do the trick for you just go back and tell him "look doc this doesnt work for me, you got anything else?"

My doctor scripted me like 20 ambien when i was 19 or 20 years old. Only because he knew i was kicking dope and he knew that my mom would look after the script.

It depends on the doctor. they'll probably try seroquel and trazadone first (eeewwwwwwww :! )

But if you honestly need they, you'll probably get them. but it may take a couple weeks and a couple doctors visits.

I got a new job where I was working the night schedule had to get Temazepam. Basically I was working 9PM to 7AM. 5AM I would be beyond exhausted then around 6:30AM my mind would start to wake up while my body continued to get tired. So I would be beyond dead, but unable to fall asleep.

Got on Temazepam for about 2 months just to "force" a sleep schedule, then I was good.

Ambien, on the other hand, they tried to prescribe to me and I refused. I heard those stories about people waking up on the side of the road. They had slept walked, then slept DROVE, for 2 or 3 hours and woke up in another state. I think had that happened to me I would have just started screaming.

In the words of Colon Powell (Former Seceratary of State) " Were American's, Everybody in the USA takes AmBien to sleep" Or SOMETHING to that effect...................

It really depends on the doctor. Back when I had insurance, my doctor would not write anything to help me sleep. Hell, when I had some internal organ problems, he would not write me any painkillers.

But I'm sure if you talk to your doctor about Ambien, he might prescribe it to you. But I would not take it long-term because it is habit forming. I would just take it until my sleep schedule got back on track.

IME, most doctors are reluctant to prescribe ambien as a long term sleeping solution, but are more than happy to prescribe a small amount (like 10 pills) for "temporary sleep schedule readjustment." When I was closing at work over the summer I was getting out of work every night at like 2am and then going out until about 6am and then waking up every day at like 4 or 5pm. My doctor gave me a little script (along with modafinil too, actually) to help me get back into a proper sleep schedule for school. Of course I went back after those were gone and told him how miraculous the drug was and how I've never slept better and he prescribed me 150.