• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Any way to test alkaloid content of poppy seeds?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I got some from Tesco and they're probably cured and rinsed and treated and all sorts and I'm not expecting a good alkaloid contents. There's 100g of seeds and I'm pretty sure that would only just be enough if they were high quality, like 5-10% morphine, and I don't expect these to be higher than about 0.2%, that's how strong the Czech ones are, but junkies still manage to steal the pods and make shootable dope by boiling the latex in vinegar (unhealthy and bad for your veins obviously I wouldn't be doing that). Anyway the point is if they can make 'heroin' from opium latex around a camp fire from 0.2% seeds, how much would I need to make tea? Is there a way to test for strength? Like weighing the tea after I've made it, deducting the weight of the water and what I'm left with is alkaloids/plant matter, or a chemical test - like the MDMA reagent test goes a blueish colour if your testing for weak opiates and a darker blue/black for strong opiates? I know that you have to go very slowly with poppy tea, but from past experiences I've found I get bored and overdo it even with pills with clearly stated dosages, like once I took 600mg codeine (and 40mg promethazine to potentiate) after a 3-4 week break because I was getting bored of waiting for the high to kick in. I think I stopped breathing for about a minute and a half two or three times throughout the night and it was the first time I suffered any opiate sickness or hangover, and I know hangovers with poppy tea are a million times worse than pharmaceutical opiates so I don't wanna kill myself literally or figuratively.

Anyway thanks for listening to my rambling and help out if you can

Last edited:
nope, hence why PST can be so very dangerous.

just start slow and low and increase gently.