• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Any uk people here dealing with a heroin addiction

That’s not what I’m after - looking for people in same boat as me.... some understanding of it all

We have a good Health and recovery sub forum where you can speak to many in your situation and find support there.

That’s not what I’m after - looking for people in same boat as me.... some understanding of it all

In that case, I would advise trying some of the support groups, if 12 steps aren't your thing there's SMART recovery and a few others, I'm not as familiar with them though. NA is the most widespread if you can find a group that's not too intolerable.

It's not, strictly speaking against the rules for bluelighters to form social connections with each other. But this kinda specific solicitation... ehhh, it does look a lot like sourcing even if it's really not the intention.

Hi, yeh just joined. I am in the UK,
25, pm if you want. I've literally just made an account so not sure how it works yet.

I am mostly off heroin I say mostly because I still use it now and again feel free to pm also I have some advice for you and the other 2 geezers which is GET ON METHADONE I say this to everyone now kind of like a broken record but I can't believe everyone isn't on it it's basically free heroin free once you are on the right dose you will no longer have to skimp scrape and graft everyday you will have your fix waiting for you at the chemist everyday and if your good you will be allowed a week's worth so you aint gotta trek to the chemist everyday believe me apart from the obvious "quit" this is the best advice you will ever get my friends

I am mostly off heroin I say mostly because I still use it now and again feel free to pm also I have some advice for you and the other 2 geezers which is GET ON METHADONE I say this to everyone now kind of like a broken record but I can't believe everyone isn't on it it's basically free heroin free once you are on the right dose you will no longer have to skimp scrape and graft everyday you will have your fix waiting for you at the chemist everyday and if your good you will be allowed a week's worth so you aint gotta trek to the chemist everyday believe me apart from the obvious "quit" this is the best advice you will ever get my friends
I'm in a situation where I'm lucky enough that the gp etc have zero idea im a drug user an as I have future plans I'd like to keep it that way.

I can see the luxury of having it waiting for you though.. iv actually been using televend and 4days later still no delivery so I'm pretty bummed out today.

I'm in a situation where I'm lucky enough that the gp etc have zero idea im a drug user an as I have future plans I'd like to keep it that way.

I can see the luxury of having it waiting for you though.. iv actually been using televend and 4days later still no delivery so I'm pretty bummed out today.
My gp don't know I'm On methadone I used to think that but I didn't even have to go to or tell my gp I went to a place called turning point who have their own doctors I got my first dose that same day to started on 50mg the doctor actually asked me what dose I wanted all I had to do was give a urine test so they can see I do indeed use heroin I still regularly collect my weekly codeine prescription and I've spoken to my gp a few times about different things and he's not mentioned heroin once honestly if you are sick of dealing with this life and want to take a step towards recovery methadone is the best thing for you mate you just need to find the right dose

30 y/o Male, Manchester

Just began maintenance on Subutex 18 days ago.

Thats another option you have instead of Methadone.

PM if needed.

Ah okay guys

Well I only started with heroin afew weeks ago, by using a friend's
Finally for my own through certainly wasn't this expensive when my mum was on it when I was a kid lol
Anything from £40 to £60 for 0.5g after all the crypto fees etc

Anyway

How much heroin would be usual for a beginner to start with? For example how much would 0.5g usually last? A newbie, A oldie..

Concidering my mum died from a H and cocain overdose I'd like not the end up like that.

It's actually all come from crippling pain that started 5 years ago they've had me doped up on df 30mg x8+ daily an 2000mg+ gabapentin
It stopped working.. I grew insane with the pain.. heroin was offered and that with the little soma/xanax/Clonazapam/pregab/df concoction I tried over the last week has had me being able to be pain free properly for the first time in years!!

However I'd rather not get too complacent ya know..
I won't inject although I'd like to fully experience what my mother did I know that's a road I seen too many never come back from..

So at the moment it's just little bits chased on foil or in a cig

Also just stumbled upon booty n v bumps but not don't research on that yet.

Also my partner is very nieve when it comes to drugs, older than me but always lived in the hills.. no interest in them.. likes a little j every several months, a df if in alot of pain but that's it.. name it they've not tried it.

I really want them to just have 1 night with me like I did with my friend last week on the light lsd Blotter, with the nice ket and the h blowbacks an a few foil chases as a one night only deal just to show why I do it how it feels.. there not an addictive nature type.. but I feel guilty for wanting to bond and explore the one time with the H.. but lonely an isolated misunderstood without doing it..

I'm doing my own head in with how badly my moods crashed since company has gone that does it with me and I'm left to do it alone with the partner just watching on.. I can't imagine having no desire to experience atleast once why my partner was doing something like that.

Love some feedback heads blagged

Ps. I was born in Manc mate but raised in Wales

Ah okay guys

Well I only started with heroin afew weeks ago, by using a friend's
Finally for my own through certainly wasn't this expensive when my mum was on it when I was a kid lol
Anything from £40 to £60 for 0.5g after all the crypto fees etc

Anyway

How much heroin would be usual for a beginner to start with? For example how much would 0.5g usually last? A newbie, A oldie..

Concidering my mum died from a H and cocain overdose I'd like not the end up like that.

It's actually all come from crippling pain that started 5 years ago they've had me doped up on df 30mg x8+ daily an 2000mg+ gabapentin
It stopped working.. I grew insane with the pain.. heroin was offered and that with the little soma/xanax/Clonazapam/pregab/df concoction I tried over the last week has had me being able to be pain free properly for the first time in years!!

However I'd rather not get too complacent ya know..
I won't inject although I'd like to fully experience what my mother did I know that's a road I seen too many never come back from..

So at the moment it's just little bits chased on foil or in a cig

Also just stumbled upon booty n v bumps but not don't research on that yet.

A beginner? As in ZERO opioid tolerance?
0.5g, assuming it's reasonably strong, could last quite a while. Actually it could last quite a while even if it's pretty damn weak. Heroin is very strong if you don't have a tolerance (to be clear, if your only experience are the weaker opioids like codeine and tramadol, I'd rate that as pretty much little to no tolerance relative to heroin).
I would start in the mg range, 5-10mg, that kinda thing, until you have an idea what you can handle.

Heroin+cocaine (a speedball) is an especially dangerous combination because the cocaines stimulant effects allow you to take higher doses of heroin than you can handle. But since cocaine wears off faster, you take enough of both to feel good, then the coke wears off and the heroin gets a lot more powerful than you initially realized.

Also my partner is very nieve when it comes to drugs, older than me but always lived in the hills.. no interest in them.. likes a little j every several months, a df if in alot of pain but that's it.. name it they've not tried it.

I really want them to just have 1 night with me like I did with my friend last week on the light lsd Blotter, with the nice ket and the h blowbacks an a few foil chases as a one night only deal just to show why I do it how it feels.. there not an addictive nature type.. but I feel guilty for wanting to bond and explore the one time with the H.. but lonely an isolated misunderstood without doing it..

I'm doing my own head in with how badly my moods crashed since company has gone that does it with me and I'm left to do it alone with the partner just watching on.. I can't imagine having no desire to experience atleast once why my partner was doing something like that.

If you wanna try heroin, that's fine. I mean it's not fine, it's EXTREMELY dangerous. In truth I doubt many people here aren't gonna roll their eyes at your "one time with h" comment. Cause it's never one time. If you can justify doing it once, you can justify doing it again.

But please DO NOT pressure anyone else into taking it with you. Not only for their sake but yours as well. If you have a conscience and they end up addicted, it's likely you will end up hating yourself for your involvement in starting their habit.

Take the risks you're prepared to take, and taking heroin is a BIG risk, but don't push other people to do the same.

Damn had to read that thread a thew times lol.. Hey and welcome @felixlovechild

Some story there. I would have a look at the subforum on this site that @MsDiz mentioned. You really sound to be in pain but H is not the way. I can't give any advice on it as I was a chaser too.

Search more around on the site before making rash decitions and so on.

This is fucking unfair to your partner, and you know it.
Please accept that he doesn't want to and don't force him to. This 1 time might ruin his life forever, and you know that.
If you love him don't drag him into this world, endangering him just to feel better about yourself.
It's not going to stay at one night, you should know how subtle this shit is psychologically.

I'm one of those people who never wants to try anything, until people keep pressuring me and pressuring me, then I try and hate it, or fall into the rabbit hole like with Mescaline and just wanna try more and more. Same thing happened with MDMA. I'm glad I didn't like Opium. I know the Heroin clouds your mind here, and you're thinking in much more selfish terms than you normally would, but please consider that you might turn him into a junkie, he might OD because of this one day, who knows. Don't give me that 1 night bullshit, didn't work for you either, right?

Last edited:
you should know how subtle this shit is psychologically.

The subtle influence of opioids on a person's mind can hardly be overstated.

At the time you tend to think you're thinking rationally, but in hindsight you start to see how profoundly your addiction was influencing your behavior through this little voice justifying endless horrible actions to get your drug.

"I know it's wrong to steal and pawn their stuff... But I just need some time, I'll get it back later and make it up to them"
"I'll just do it this one time"
"I'll just do it this one time.. Again"
"I'll just have a little bit more"
"well I've had this much I might as well keep going".

The excuses and rationalizations are endless all with the goal of continuing your addiction. Until you've left nothing but a path of destruction for yourself and everyone around you. Until you finally seriously try and stop and realize just how badly you fucked up and spend endless hours analyzing how exactly it is you ended up doing so many things you knew were wrong, that you knew were horrible, manipulative and dishonest, and to people you cared about. Realizing that in hindsight, you had no idea what you were capable of. All the things you once might have said you were better than, too honest or honorable to do. Turns out you're not, not when you're using.

And all too often it starts with "I'll try it this one time". Addiction is a process that starts and maintains itself through endless small justifications and rationalizations endlessly taking you one step further down.

Yeah I know what a speed ball is, like I said my mother died doing it so yeah.

I grew up surrounded by heroin and detested it and everyone on it.
Then life comes along doesn't it, then pain, then poor choices

I feel the rolling of eyes is unnessassary iv already spent the last few hours on here reading plenty of people who only tried h once lol and know of some in person myself. It's not unheard of, however rare.

I don't have ZERO experience with opioids as I explained iv been on dihidracodine 30mg x8 +++ daily for 5 years.. gabapentin/pregabs/soma/
h once 8 years ago..
Before that I had a short 3 month addiction to df118s.. never felt anything as amazing as those even after afew weeks dabbling with H.

Iv had afghan pure very light in colour off the net as recommended by a friend described as strong. Bought 2 0.5 bags

I have just finished 1 bag today via chasing on foil mostly and afew bits in roll ups. So it's lasted me 7 days, the 0.5

Along with the normal daily meds of Dihydracodine, pregab
An some bought xanax 1mg Clonazapam 2mg Soma 3 different types of ket finished few bags of that so afew grams (only just discovered ket)

Noticed I'm itching alot the last few days driving me mad, taking an extra antihistamine that I'm on daily for my allergies.

I just basically as I am just starting out with the h and the benzos an ket.. saying my piece, reading learning and looking for advice.

As for the advice not to encourage anyone else, I won't be the first to do that either.

I do have alot of love and consideration for said person we are engaged and been together for 6 years and have plans an I enjoy I'm not with someone who's a drug hound, as I'm surrounded by that via the few family and friends I have.

Im mearly trying to explain that it's of course getting in the way like from what Im reading and what I saw growing up, it does tend to do.

I can't be the only one in a long term relationship, who's had the thoughts and urge to show there partner what and why and make a good one off experience of it..
There not interested in drugs in general definitely different people different walk of life but they have taken a couple of things in youth an party days and never got a taste for anything other than drinking an now barely does that..
But began to smoke when they decided to try weed with me several years ago.. I'd say its the only addiction they've ever had tbh..

No I'm not looking to ruin my life nor there's
So far it's done the opposit not needed my wheelchair all week it's like a miracle.. there is cancer and ms amongst other things flying around over our heads at the minute when it comes to my health and its been nothing but hell the last 4 years particularly.

Iv no idea where all this will lead.. I have just been reading the "never start heroin" thread and you can't help but pay attention to what people are saying even when it's 7am and I haven't slept as I'm on so many drugs.
Certainly not here to be judged or eye rolled at though, it's hard enough braving honesty in Well established forums as it is lol
Just here to share and learn and hope I come away making the right choices.

A beginner? As in ZERO opioid tolerance?
0.5g, assuming it's reasonably strong, could last quite a while. Actually it could last quite a while even if it's pretty damn weak. Heroin is very strong if you don't have a tolerance (to be clear, if your only experience are the weaker opioids like codeine and tramadol, I'd rate that as pretty much little to no tolerance relative to heroin).
I would start in the mg range, 5-10mg, that kinda thing, until you have an idea what you can handle.

Heroin+cocaine (a speedball) is an especially dangerous combination because the cocaines stimulant effects allow you to take higher doses of heroin than you can handle. But since cocaine wears off faster, you take enough of both to feel good, then the coke wears off and the heroin gets a lot more powerful than you initially realized.

If you wanna try heroin, that's fine. I mean it's not fine, it's EXTREMELY dangerous. In truth I doubt many people here aren't gonna roll their eyes at your "one time with h" comment. Cause it's never one time. If you can justify doing it once, you can justify doing it again.

But please DO NOT pressure anyone else into taking it with you. Not only for their sake but yours as well. If you have a conscience and they end up addicted, it's likely you will end up hating yourself for your involvement in starting their habit.

Take the risks you're prepared to take, and taking heroin is a BIG risk, but don't push other people to do the same.