• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Any retro collectors here

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I collect ps1 games myself most of them ive owned since i was little i cant beleive i saw some in cex for over £100 cus they are the only copy left us no one makes them anymore my collection:

Bustamove 4
Bustamove 2
Resident evil 3 nemesis nothing has ever scared me as much as when I first played this game..
Lego racers
LEGO rock raiders
Tomb raider 2
Rayman
Crash 2
spiderman the first one

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of my income used to be buying/selling/trading old games. eBay, flea markets, apps...

Still have all my Pokémon cards too but there's not much of a market for them anymore unless they're graded.

I enjoyed it though. You meet a lot of cool people doing it.

Do you only collect ps1 games or other shit as well?

I like collecting 90s consoles. I wana get a Dreamcast, a sega saturn, and a couple others. I have a Genesis and a N64. I even have a Sega Game gear lol. All have gained significant value since I got them 5 or so years ago.

I like collecting 90s consoles. I wana get a Dreamcast, a sega saturn, and a couple others. I have a Genesis and a N64. I even have a Sega Game gear lol. All have gained significant value since I got them 5 or so years ago.
i wanna get a dreamcast just because the picture and polygon flickering is a lot better than the playstation 1 do you know the best place to buy those things? Im from the uk btw so i got game as my main gaming store but dreamcast would be to old so i would only think to buy it from cex if im lucky ive brought a lot of games off those fuckers that didn't work good job I always keep the receipt

I collect old consoles, pinball machines, and arcade cabinets plus everything that goes a long with them. I fix them up and buy/sell this stuff as a hobby. Trust me when I say this: if you can just emulate the games it's usually the way to go. At least spend a lot of time playing them before you commit to buying anything. Everyone dreams of that game room with every console, multiple arcade cabs, and maybe even something big like a full sized car/jet/jetski arcade game until they get them and have to deal with all the problems that come a long with it.

My stuff spends 99% of its time either in storage or not being used. When people come over they love the things and will play them but I hardly ever use them myself. The novelty wears off fast and you end up stuck with stuff that cost you a lot of money, takes up a lot of space and is hard to sell to anyone. I've had one machine for about 4 years now that is worth $5-8k. I have $20 in it and would sell it to the first person that made me a serious offer of $100 just because I want it out of the building it sits in. No one wants the headache of moving it and anyone that does isn't willing to drive the 3+ hours to come get it. You have to find people with some money and nostalgia to move this stuff. You're typically just selling the nostalgia which always wears off in time. I know of a ton of guys with pissed off wives. ;)

If you want a dreamcast just check the flea market. They're common and you should get one for about $25-$50 USD in great condition. Either burn the games or get one of the HDD -> GD-ROM adapters that recently came out. That way you can use it once the drive in it finally goes. Until you buy an HDD adapter just burn games to CD-R you don't need any modifications to run backups on that console. I'd also get a VGA adapter and a VGA -> HDMI adapter if you want to run it on a modern TV. Otherwise pick up an old CRT computer monitor to use with it. If you want it for arcade games you might want an arcade stick to pair with it. Instead of spending a bunch on an old official stick that'll probably need repair you can build a new one for less and put a Universal Fighting Board with a retro UFB daughter board in it. It'll work with any console you want to use it with.

Last edited:
i wanna get a dreamcast just because the picture and polygon flickering is a lot better than the playstation 1 do you know the best place to buy those things? Im from the uk btw so i got game as my main gaming store but dreamcast would be to old so i would only think to buy it from cex if im lucky ive brought a lot of games off those fuckers that didn't work good job I always keep the receipt
I buy all my old school gear on ebay. 'Shop Victiously!'

On ebay if you snipe a good auction you can get consoles for well below market value. I bought my N64 back in college for 25 bucks with all the cables and a controller in good condition. I could easily flip it for 100+ now.

I buy all my old school gear on ebay. 'Shop Victiously!'

On ebay if you snipe a good auction you can get consoles for well below market value. I bought my N64 back in college for 25 bucks with all the cables and a controller in good condition. I could easily flip it for 100+ now.

You can find a lot of great stuff on amazon too, actually.

If you are looking to get rid of some games you've had a long time, I encourage anyone to check the current prices on Amazons trade in site. Sometimes they have really shit offers but sometimes they have really GREAT offers. It's site credit, not cash, but you get way more value that way.

I've gotten rid of so much stuff this way.

I have a thing for older computers - mostly late 70s-80s systems like those from Acorn, Dragon, Oric, Atari, Commodore etc. I have a few that I've owned for years (and an Acorn Electron since 1984), but if I ever had the space I'd start collecting properly. Though prices have been shooting up in recent years, especially for the better examples, thanks to the growing popularity of retro systems and the explosion of channels covering them on YouTube.

Id owned most consoled into the PS2 era and then sold them off like a fool when I started using Heroin. One of the biggest mistakes I made from a Nostalgia and financial perspective. I'm thinking about investing in some older systems. Mainly those of Nintendo and Sega and buy one of those everdrive card's with every game on them.

I really miss playing N64 that's one of my favorite systems ever. I'd also love having a Genesis and SNES/NES. But I don't really have the extra too spend when I'm buying all this Nintendo Switch stuff these days. The put out alot games lately like the Castlevania Collection, Sega Genesis Classics and all those ones for NES you get with the Online subscription. That scratches the itch a little