• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Any regrets?

BREAKaBEAT said:
Inbetween. Things have only just settled, for the first time in 3 years. After I started taking antidepressants, everything stopped, they are amazing. People have noticed a change in me and its awesome. But yeah... much damage caused after drug use as well.

The difference is, people now no u as an antidepressant, not the real u.. thats one thing i regret 2.. i changed so much while on them!

Why did you get off them ??? I am really interested to know. If they made you feel so good, why did you need to get off them ?

"Regret for things said and done just can't compare with regret for those that I have never tried"

- The Offspring: Blackball

Hmmmm, regrets.

I have millions ... but thats life. Everyone regrets something they did or didn't do because with most things if you don't do it, you regret it .... but if you do it and it fuckes up (as it almost always does) then you regret it.

The best thing i can say is, i regret none of my regrets. Which is actually a really good thing to say ... makes me feel like i've achieved something this year ..... Ahhhh i love deluding myself.

The people who say they regret nothing... do you really mean that? Like, I can see how people wouldn't want to erase their fuckups because in life everything is interconnected and if you erase one experience you would probably change where you are today... but would you honestly change nothing?

If so, I admire that.

I have 16 million 706 thousand and 82 regrets from this year alone. I never get things right the first time.

i'm not sure if it's been said already or not; but someone once said;

It's better to regret something that you have done, than to regret something that you haven't done!

and I think that's pretty true...

Originally posted by - l - u - c - e -
Lol i no. I think i'll go fashion design, dont have to be such a square! :p

where are you considering going? rmit is the *only* fashion course worth applying for; otherwise don't bother. it's a great fucking course though.

--

i regret everything i did, and everything i didn't. if the grass is always greener on the other side, then why do so many people always insist on stupidly and incorrectly insisting that they have no regrets?

^^ because they are in denial

i regret waiting as long as i did to move to sydney. getting kicked out of home, so far, has been the best thing that has ever happened to me

i realise that, but i want to see their stupid, pointless, "i'm not in denial" denial-proving responses :)

onetwothreefour said:
Originally posted by - l - u - c - e -
Lol i no. I think i'll go fashion design, dont have to be such a square! :p

where are you considering going? rmit is the *only* fashion course worth applying for; otherwise don't bother. it's a great fucking course though.

Where/what is rmit tho lol

I regret wallowing in self pity for so long, it was a real waste of what should have been some quality years. Still, nothing I can do about it now except make an effort not to waste any more.

onetwothreefour said:
if the grass is always greener on the other side, then why do so many people always insist on stupidly and incorrectly insisting that they have no regrets?

Its just a mindset. I can honestly say that i dont regret anything in my life. But only because i live by the concept of believing that everything that has happened to me, whether it be good or bad, has contributed to where i am right at this point in my life.

People say 'i regret not trying harder in HS' but to me, knowing i could have tried harder in HS only makes me want to try harder to get good marks in uni. Therefore if i had of done better in HS maybe i wouldnt be as driven now, know what i mean?

Another example, when people say 'i wish i didnt do so many drugs when i was younger', but for me doing so has bought me the wisdom in knowing my limits, knowing my body, and now i actually take better care of myself as a result of my drug takings in the past. If i hadnt of done all those drugs during those years, i probably wouldnt be so into looking after myself now. It's also opened up my mind a shitload and i grew up ALOT, i feel like it was a good thing in my life, even though many people would have said i was being a dickhead at the time.

So yea, i dont think its stupid or incorrect of people to say they live a life of no regrets, it is possible to actually LEARN and BENEFIT from your mistakes ;) :)

BREAKaBEAT said:
Why did you get off them ??? I am really interested to know. If they made you feel so good, why did you need to get off them ?

Oops, was this question for me?

I'm too hungover to answer right now. Maybe later

i think the whole point is (well for me anyway) that its not to say i dont regret things that had happened to me in the past which caused me a lot of pain and uncomfort, but rather that through hindsight comes both the acknowledgement of the mistake and the possible reason why making that particular mistake at that point was perhaps in some way necessary.... you know?

i do think its stupid to say "i dont regret anything", and mean it literally, to me that's a cliched statement which is not meant to be taken literally, i think its meant to be understood moreso along lines of what i described earlier, perhaps?

note: i lived in regret for a long time largely because of a career choice that i made when i was younger and it was *extremely* detrimental to my sense of self. its only been in the last two years maybe that i have begun to see that the choice that i made back then wasn't so wrong, given the type of person that i am (and was back then too, but now thats much clearer to me).

ps: i just thought of something. have people seen that movie 'butterfly effect'? overall not a fantastic film or anything but i did find the concept interesting because it touched on this whole idea (which links in with the topic of regret) how if you go back in time and change 'one' mistake the effects may not turn out as well as you had anticipated.

i really regret not watching more of the panel this year. man, i used to adore that show.

just watched the christmas special tonight, and it was comedy fucking gold.

haven't laughed that hard sitting in a room all by myself for a LONG time :D

I think one problem with any anti-depressent medication is that they only fix the short term effects, not the actual problem at hand.

that and they are addictive.

keystroke said:
I think one problem with any anti-depressent medication is that they only fix the short term effects, not the actual problem at hand.

that and they are addictive.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about ? Are in the medical profession, or have you had any experience with them first hand (either yourself or someone you have lived with) ?

Just interested to know where you get that opinion from.

I dont live a life full of regrets, every mistake i have made has been made to bring me to the person i am today.

Living a life full of regrets is a regret in itself.