• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Any Opioids With A Steroid Nucleus?

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I was cogitating on this for a long time this week wondering if there was any way people could take things like betamethasone and methylprednisolone for ever or at least for a long long time without ending up with for what is for all intents and purposes Cushing's Syndrome. My reading has taken me nowhere close.

The number of conditions in which inflammation and other disorders susceptible to treatment with catabolic steroids which are painful is very large. A steroid with opioid effects which also happened to clean up the metabolic and endocrine impact of the catabolic steroid would be the next, well, I don't even know to what that would compare. Morphine is God's Own Medicine, the point exactly -- morphine just happened, it wasn't invented by people.

If the new cariso-dextro-metha-square-root-plus- epsilon-moramide-methasone-son-of-hydromorphone bitartrate were out there and the people power tripping and getting rich on the fake opioid crisis in your parts demonise it/shoot it all themselves, there would be a revolution. "Oh, it's so awful! It's a molecular speedball which makes elderly people, women, and foreigners uppity and willing to question authority -- horrors! They will be dependent on Government and Pharmacology for ever, not us jive talkers . . . they will feel entitled, just like Obama/Merkel/Van Der Bellen/Trudeau/Jospin/Berlusconi were plotting!" would be the party line. Give me a break, as the kids say, and seeing the candour of the younger generations, I feel a little better about things. Just to tweak the Objectivists or whomever, if such a semi-synthetic or synthetic emerges from the womb of pharmacology, one trade name should be Kohlicine, after the under-appreciated CDU-CSU grandee, but that's just me . . .

Things like morphine and dihydromorphine salicylate invented in the early XX. Century were the beginning of this search for a fusion of anti-inflammatory and opioid. They also invented codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine, dihydromorphine, and hydromorphone based barbiturates and at least one codeine based bromide. They fused a metabolic and respiratory stimulant onto morphine to get 2,4-dinitrophenylmorphine in the 1930s to get morphine that didn't slow breathing so much.

Plus, I figure a steroid-based opioid is waiting out there in nature somewhere -- if not in sisal or something similar, then in a rain forest plant not yet discovered. Hopefully it wasn't in silphium, coz they will never get that one back, it looks like.

Last edited:
Don't recall any, but you could probably get some cannabinoids from the steroid nucleus.