• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Any love klonopin (clonazepam) more than any other benzo

Theguyfromhere

Greenlighter
I have a perscripton for it but since I don't take them as often as prescribed I am able to take more in a single dose and not fear of running out. I have tried xanax only once but I got a panic attack while on it and it made me scared of it. So I only get scripts for klonopin now. I have had ativan IV'd to me before in the hospital when I overdosed on ecstasy. I had an EXTREME case of serotonin syndrome. I should still have a relatively low tolerance to benzos since I don't use very often at all. My first ever time using klonopin I had to use 2mg to feel anything whatsoever and 3mg made me kinda relaxed. It was depressing that I had no expierence with benzos yet my tolerance was so naturally high. If this post is all over the place its probably because I took 2mg of klonopin and might take a 3rd later.

Also sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section. I am still trying to learn the bullfight ettiqute. Sorry for any confusion.

This would fit better in Drug Culture man.

I enjoy clonazepam, it's potent, has great muscle-relaxant properties, and duration. Not the most euphoric or my favorite though.

My favorite would be temazepam, without a doubt. I'm sure some other rare/foreign benzo's might change that opinion though.

Etizolam is my fave, despite it being short acting. Best euphoria and I've cold turkeyed after months of use (not my decision) with really minimal withdraws (if any). I've never been hooked on klonopin but I've heard it has the worst withdrawal, despite it having a significantly higher half life.

Just got a 30-day supply of Klonopin myself. It's one of the more popular benzos I haven't tried yet. I'm gonna give it a try in a week or so most likely. Just scared to take it because benzos make me so depressed after the fact, but I guess one time won't hurt :)

All benzos are basically the same from what I've experienced. Some are longer-acting and others are short. Seems like most druggies prefer Xanax for recreational purposes, but not always.

I like klonpin for anxiety more than any other benzo, not much recreation compared to fast acting ones for panic attacks. For fun I would like some Xanax, Etizolam. Xanax does work best for my anxiety though so I would like to have those time-release 3mg xanax, the instant release I eats like candy...well sometimes klons also but not as much and not as recreational.

klonopin for me is a gentle yet soothing anxiety relief and does wonders for me because my anxiety causes my muscles to tense up like a bitch
almost exactly like diazepam but without the euphoria for me anyway

It depends, I have some kind of involuntary muscle strain in the back of my neck and at first I used Valium but then I felt I was becoming physically addicted to them so I quit for a while. Then I got Clonazepam and 0,5mg is enough to help me through +24 hours with the neck pain.
It's at least half a year ago since I started using them and I don't use them regularly since I don't want to repeat the mistake with the Valium. But I feel their effect is starting to slow down, even if I take 1mg, 1,5mg or a full pill on 2mg. Sometimes it does the opposite it strain my neck muscles even more.
So at the moment I don't know what to do.

But if I want to use any benzo recreationally (which I rarely do anymore, especially not with alcohol like when I was younger) I would probably choose Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), a few of those and maaaan do you feel good. If I can't get my hands on any of them though, since they are also kind of expensive my next choice would be Etizolam. Etizolam is the only benzo that have given me some kind of feeling of well-being, not euphoria but just "ohhh how nice to just lay back in my armchair" and just feel "good". If you know what I mean.

But I am careful when it comes to benzos these days, I've learnt the hard way how sneaky they are.

For my neck issue I would like to try the (mostly) Japanese benzodiazepine called Flutoprazepam. According to what I've read it is kind of like Valium but four times more potent (!!). But how in the world would I be able to get some of those from. I live as far away from Japan as is possible, maybe not but it's not really a days trip there :p

Clonazepam does not seem to command a street-value as some other benzos do, but is my preference of any benzo, all of which are up to my choosing.

(I find none of them truly euphoric.)

It has a long half-life, especially compared to something such as Xanax / Alprazolam. Xanax seems popular, but its short half-life results in a GABA "bounce" that just begs for wading into the forest a lil too deep. Since none of them get me high, the entire class could be made OTC and I'd be in no hurry to reach the store..

I know of a well respected psychiatrist who simply will NOT prescribe Xanax, but when anxiety is recognized, Clonazepam is a tool of her choice.

I have a gorilla sized benzo habit and I prefer Klonopin over xanax and valium. Valium seems dull, but the duration seems to go on forever (which I guess is good). Xanax use to give me that good punch when it hit, now I don't even get that any more. When I could still get "high" on benzos, Klons were my favorite because I actually got a very nice euphoria from them and they seemed to last pretty long too. I am definitely with you that Klons are the best. Ativan kinda sucks to me. It feels like dirty xanax or something.

I love my Klonopin and my Klonopin loves me. <3

It's curious how divisive the issue of best benzo is; seems to be among the most-debated and hotheaded rivalries on Bluelight over the years. My guess is that benzos are perhaps the subtlest and most versatile class of abusable drugs. Some use them alone for recreation; in combination with other CNS depressants like alcohol and opiates; for coming down off stimulants or psychedelics; for sleeping; or for relief from an anxiety disorder or panic attacks, whether used as directed or not.

My reason for using is generally the last one, though admittedly also for meth comedowns and, when I'm fresh outta drugs, for a sort of hazy high. It helps that I get 60x 0.5 each month for like a $2 copay, haven't tried many other benzos, and in fact don't find benzos euphoric or immensely fun at all. Since I'm seeking a long-term anxiolytic for mental illness over a fast-acting/short-lasting ride, I guess this makes perfect sense.

#3: Ativan. I just don't get it. I've tried it on multiple occasions--at 1mg, 2mg, and 3mg doses, swallowed and sublingual, even with WGFJ--and felt nothing, not even anxiety relief. Either they're too subtle to feel, or my body just doesn't play nice with lorazepam.

#2: Xanax. Same deal. I've had 2mg bars several times, but the benzo effect as I know it was barely present and faded within a couple hours. I don't see the hype. Plus sublingual is disgusting, straight-up phramaceutical taste.

#1: Klonopin. It's just so versatile! A half-milligram to take the edge off stress, one or two milligrams for sound and easy sleep, four to blur the memory of an unpleasant event during and after. I always take them sublingually and feel the first effects within 15 minutes, quickly enough for me (even in the medically-necessary acute bipolar mixed episode). They taste minty fresh :D, and over the next half-hour that menthol coolness permeates my entire body: muscles relaxed, mind at ease, not so much high as content and unruffled by life's challenges. (If I followed my prescribed dosing regimen of 1mg/day I'd feel this way perpetually, but I'm--rightly--afraid of tolerance and dependence, and besides I like having extras to play with :)) The feeling lasts for hours and hours, even persisting into the next day, and redoses stack nicely.

I'd try Valium, or one of those fancy sedative/hypnotic benzos, but with my medical history of abuse I'm lucky to keep the script I have, and I don't like benzos enough to seek them out to buy. Heroin blows all benzos out of the water :p

Also this:

I know of a well respected psychiatrist who simply will NOT prescribe Xanax, but when anxiety is recognized, Clonazepam is a tool of her choice.

Every pdoc I've encountered gives Klonopin only (and grudgingly, at that). Xanax has acquired that same teen-abuse reputation as Adderall and is likewise getting harder and harder to score an Rx for.

this^ etizolam is also my fave. super super nice with a couple bowls and you cant beat that weird crayon like taste;)

Etizolam is the only benzo that have given me some kind of feeling of well-being, not euphoria but just "ohhh how nice to just lay back in my armchair" and just feel "good". If you know what I mean.

same! the only problem is re-dosing due to its short half life

I've tried clonazepam only a handful of times and i'd rate it's anxiolytic powers greater than any other benzo i've tried, as far as i'm concerned it's the king. Clonazolam may take it's place in time once i have researched it's full potential.

Does Etizolam has to be mentioned it every Benzo thread? There is basically no comparison here, Clonazepam > Etizolam in basically every way except onset. Difference is Clonazepam is not mass produced and easily accessible via the internet in powder form(thank god), which imo is the only reason Etizolam is so popular. But now we have Clonazolam which shits on Etiz and Flubromazepam which is a great all rounder better than Diazepam imo. Sorry for off-topic rant.

I see any members mention Etizolam, not really sure why, if it's for the same reason as me, that is: it's the only benzo that makes me get a feeling of well-being, as close to "euphoria" as possible. A lot of people talk about that they experience pure euphoria on different benzos, I can't see how that's possible but then I think one step further and I realize they might suffer from very badly anxiety and being released from that must feel like euphoria for them.

Personally I have started to think of the definition for euphoria as a subjective one. For me it is when the serotonin rushes through your body on Ecstasy or MDMA (preferably Ecstasy), and the "real definition" for euphoria according to the Cambridge American English is "a feeling of extreme happiness or confidence" and the Cambridge British English "extreme happiness, sometimes more than is reasonable in a particular situation" so after all no one would be wrong saying they feel euphoric when they take benzos. For me it has "only" been a complete state of well-being with "just being here". But then again, I don't suffer from anxiety.

The only reason I take benzo is because first I was introduced to it in a manner of, how should I express it... being with a bad crowd yeah? After a months of abusing Etizolam I quit cold turkey, had no real problem since I never really went to extreme doses. Then I found Clonazepam and maaaaan did it help a physical issue I have had for years. One of the muscles (or maybe there's only one? :p) is feeling strained ALL THE TIME and I get these involuntary muscle tensions, like short spasms from time to time. But just a quarter of a 2mg Rivotril (it's what it is called here). That is only 0,5mg and it completely removed the pain I've had been having for so long time. And best of all, the effect lasted for more than 24 hours. I could take one at midday and not having to take another one in the morning the day after the next day.

These days though it does more harm than it helps from some reason. As soon as I take some Clonazepam my neck problem becomes worse. Might need a bigger dose but I chose to not walk that path, not a third time thank you very much.

Benzos should be taken seriously, suddenly without realizing it you have been abusing them for months and then you try to think back on the months that has passed and you can't remember what you have done and it has felt like just a couple of weeks. I'm just clean off my first relapse

Clonazepam is my favorite benzo. I never really found appeal in recreational potential in regards to any benzodiazepine, and I have experience with using and abusing every single one for varied periods of time. For general anxiety symptoms, 1mg in the morning and 1mg at night seems to be my sweet spot for a week or 2 before tolerance becomes an issue and the only thing that ensues is the "taper down/detox circle of hell" just to end up at your original therapeutic dose (or even higher). My prescription is for 4mgs a day and whenever I take 4mgs, I just lose coordination, memory, and motivation. I'll stick with my GHB for fun and pleasure!

All benzos are basically the same from what I've experienced. Some are longer-acting and others are short. Seems like most druggies prefer Xanax for recreational purposes, but not always.

I agree that there is commonality and I too feel that alprazolam and temazepam are in a class of their own.
I had a crazy script of klonopin and to me it's in the generic feeling circle of benzos I felt aprazolam was much more enjoyable.
Klonopin loses it's effect and magic rather quick due to the long action IMO.
Never tried any of the rc's, never tried flunitrazepam but I think I've tried all the other Rx benzos.

Last edited:
For some reason I enjoy K-Pins the most out of all the benzos I have tried too. I havent had a ton of experience with benzos and all the different kinds where ive had lots of chances to compare them to each other. But mostly for me Xanax just kinda puts me out, I have to take pretty small doses to not fall asleep and get the enjoyable buzz off of it, usually with Xanax 3/4-1mg is where i feel the best. I was only able to try Valium once or twice and the one time i remember I took it to help with heroin withdrawls and it bascally did nothing for me, not sure what mgs it was maybe I just didnt have enough to feel its full potential. Not sure. Overall benzos never had much of an appeal to me, but about a year ago maybe I was able to try the K-Pins for the first time, again not sure what mgs they were but out of all the benzos they actually gave me the most enjoyable buzz. But like I said I havent been able to try all the different varaties that are out there and I havent really been able to compare them much in close time frames. Unfortunately benzos dont come around too often with the people I know so i dont get the chance to often to get any.

only in the last two years did I start taking clonazepam, as there are too many fake pressed xanax bars, and Diazepam (my favorite benzo tbh) costs twice as much to get what would be the equivalent of 2mg of clonazepam or Alprazolam. I remember one night my friend at my junkie camp found a full bottle of Temazepam 30mg, I was jealous as fuck, but he through me down at least ten of them which was hella cool.

Anyway, I've always found that Clonazepam has a plateau at a certain dose, usually when I get to about 8mg (which is a rather high dose, I would say it was appropriate to say I was abusing them). I'm not sure if others have experienced this, but with alprazolam, as long as I keep upping my dose, I'll get the same anxiolytic effects and minor euphoria I chase with benzos. But with kpins, after I take 8mg, I can double the dosage and not feel a god damn thing, although its likely I might black out. Has anyone else noticed this? I kind of think of Klonopins as the methadone of benzodiazepines, where due to its potency and long half life, the GABA receptors become saturated and increasing your dose just results in building more of the drug up in your blood.