• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Any help?

Cadillac123

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'm new, yep I said it! I've gotten good relative info from thIS SITE SO thought I'd join. I was an active fentanyl/china white/black/oxy user for 7 years straight only stopping to switch over to methadone for a year then subuxone for a year in between. I never missed a single day without something and I quit! 37 days clean and fighting hard to get my body function at a high level again! I work in high level sales full time and have my 8 yr old daughter half the time....my most frustrating side effect started 3 weeks out, so for about the last 10 days or so I've been so damn bloated! From upper middle abdomen all the way down.....what the heck??? Help me find a way out of this. I did take laxatives for 7 years until I stopped last month so prob body adjusting but I really need help....my work suits barely fit and here I am trying to push hard with head up at work yet this is hurting me....? Thx

I had a huge belly, just protruding. It's very interesting how our bodies adjust to "normal." Did your bloat stop? I tossed that symptom up to a badly abused digestive symptom after opiates tore ours up, and the extra amount of water I used during detox. How do you feel besides all that?

Perhaps a visit to your physician's office is in order? My experience was that once I was clean from opioids, I had no bloating, water retention, or constipation.

have you changed your diet/food consumption since you got sober? opiates tend to mess with my eating patterns, plus you've just quit a long stint on laxatives, so yeah, your body just needs more time to readjust. congrats on getting clean man, keep pushing (excuse the pun)!