• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any data on what doses of 25C-nbome have caused deaths/hospitalization?

thatdreamer123

Bluelighter
Me and a buddy had a argument/conversation about this last night.

he claimed that the nbome series is so new and unpredictable that even if people were to always make sure to take dose under 1mg (i.e. whats usually on 1 tab), it would still cause hospitalizations and problems.

I was fairly certain, that all hospitalizations and deaths have been caused by people taking absolutely ridiculous amounts, like snorting a 100mg line having no idea about what they are doing, basically people taking doses 100's of times too much, and if people always stuck strictly to doses like 500-1000ug MAX (now I'm not making the implication that society can do this), there would be no problems.

I attempted to research this, but I can't find any data on what sort of doses people took that ended up dead/in the hospital.

There's no data, we can only rely only reports and what has been written has been information scarce. Journalism sucks atm, could have had a much clearer view on the safety of these compounds, but they only seem to care about pageviews and clicks...

That said, someone was hospitalized from just ~500ug of 25i, there's a report on Erowid. Fairly certain it has more to do with some sort of allergy, because in-turn, there's been people taking 28mg and surviving it.

(inb4 yet-another-discussion)

Last edited:
Like you said, the (publicly available) data is far too sparse at the moment to make any kind of reasonable assessment, but from what I have heard so far I think there are two possible explanations for what we have seen in regards to serious adverse reactions vis-a-vis NBOMe compounds:

1. A small segment of the population has some sort of difference in enzyme morphology, receptor morphology, or some other biological factor that is equally subtle and difficult to predict, and these individuals are either hypersensitive to NBOMe compounds or are likely to have a negative response regardless of dose. OR,

2. The adverse reactions that have cropped up have been a result of badly laid blotter, badly prepared solution, or other 'human' factors.

It could also be a combination of the two, for instance somebody prepares a solution at 5mg/drop instead of .5mg/drop, and doses someone who has a hypersensitivity. This could be why several people have a non-fatal, albiet intense experience from a dose of some blotter/liquid and one person has a seizure and drops dead from an identical dose.

I am extremely careful who I dose with NBOMe compounds for this very reason, and I think everyone else should exercise the same caution.

he claimed that the nbome series is so new and unpredictable that even if people were to always make sure to take dose under 1mg (i.e. whats usually on 1 tab), it would still cause hospitalizations and problems.
There's a couple of cases were this seems to have happened, so I'd say your freind is right.

Yeah, 25C is pretty bad in terms of dose-response compared to the other NBOMes, I wouldn't take that one beyond 900ug/1000ug. Shit, an active dose begins at 300ug and I'm not really sensitive to psychedelics

My Experience

Yeah, 25C is pretty bad in terms of dose-response compared to the other NBOMes, I wouldn't take that one beyond 900ug/1000ug. Shit, an active dose begins at 300ug and I'm not really sensitive to psychedelics
I have a lot of experience with the Nbome phenethylamines, and I have researched the deaths that have allegedly been caused by Nbome. My experience and my conclusions on the deaths that have been blamed on Nbome is the death toll is an exaggeration. There has been no post mortem with any pharmacologically competent report that convincingly evidences Nbome as the cause of death. The only exceptions are not really exceptions. A bathtub chemist tried to make 25I Nbome out of 2C-I. Who knows what this guy made, but it was sold as Nbome, and most of the people that took it died, and Nbome got the rap for it because the drug these people were supposed to be taking was Nbome. Few instances reek of a pure nbome death. Like LSD when it first appeared, the stories that leave us panic stricken are abundant. Compared to the actual number of people using Nbome, the numbers are nil. If these deaths were caused by mixing drugs, then those stories are throwing a lot of unknowns into the science of reporting the facts to the public, as well as the reality of how the particular pharmacology of alleged Nbome overdose is effected by the particular circumstances of that combination of chemicals ingested in that particular case. Some cases of overdose make mention of the victims blood tests showing multiple substances present. As interesting as this may be regarding research into drug interactions, it cannot be held that Nbome should be called out as the chemical culprit solely responsible for the victims death. I have taken my self very large doses of 25-C Nbome (25+mg's) I am fine and alive to write this little entry on this thread. The experience was really awesome, but was not intentional, it was a case of mistaken identity, I was sure the powder was something else, oop's it wasn't. But now I am glad I had it. My paranoia and fear of Nbome is over for me now. When properly dosed, Nbome is not harmful, it is not addictive, it is not LSD and has a distinctly different spiritual insight, and powerful visionary retrospection with visuals. It is truly a visionary substance of the psychedelic class not just pretty colour for my eyes, LOL

Yet the very respected BL-er Jesusgreen measured worrying amounts of vasoconstriction from just 500ug, which he didn't feel at all but was masked by the euphoria. Also there are (paywalled) toxicology reports available, reporting much lower doses than yours which resulted in death.

I agree though that the dangers are far overblown, but with much safer chemicals being available I just wouldn't recommend them.

25C-NBOMe has caused deaths (look on PubMed.gov). Other NBOMes have caused death at doses most consider low.

Another NBOMe tragedy. 2 tabs of 25B-NBOMe killed my brother.

(UPDATE with toxicology report) Another NBOMe tragedy. 2 tabs of 25B-NBOMe killed my brother.

OAf5q98.jpg

ZosMfXg.jpg

P4URmxd.jp]

Last edited:
Something between 2mg-4mg is not what I consider a low dose, but that's just me.

I used to experiment a lot of with 25C and eventually stopped because of the unpleasant effects I would get. Sometimes, it would be totally okay but other times, I would overheat and feel like I really wasn't okay. We had a very precise method for taking it.... We made a liquid solution and used a one milligram syringe with a micropipette tip on the end. We would take quarter to half doses which were 275ug each dose... We would take that amount every time we felt the need to redose and since it was intranasally, we would feel the effects within 15 minutes so it was pretty hard to cross the threshold.
The experience was just too unpredictable and after all of my experimentation, I wouldn't recommend it.

One guy we gave some to had a seizure and crashed his car.
Some people never had a bad experience but other people experienced things pretty similar to what I did.

Last edited:
Your friend is right. NBOMEs have proven to be dangerous to some people even at doses less than 1 mg.